Parker Schnabel to be featured on DSC special

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Gold Rush's' Teen Millionaire Set to Host Epic Two-Hour Retrospective (Exclusive) - TheWrap

Gold miner Parker Schnabel, 19, will host the Aug. 19 episode of Discovery Channel's top-rated show

“Gold Rush's” wildly popular teenage millionaire Parker Schnabel will host a two-hour special of Discovery Channel's top rated series, TheWrap has learned.

The 19-year-old mined over 1,000 ounces of gold in the show's most recent season, which earned him 1.4 million dollars in the process. His two hour episode, called “Gold Rush: Parker's Take,” will be both a look back at his recent successes and also a behind-the-scenes examination of his life as a gold miner.

The ambitious young entrepreneur hopes to unearth even more gold in the upcoming fifth season, which premieres in October, and he'll share a few of the strategies for how he might accomplish that in the two-hour special. Afterward Discovery will air ”Gold Rush: Heroes and Zeroes,” a highlight reel episode of last season's best moments.

“Gold Rush” is produced for Discovery Channel by Raw Television, with Dimitri Doganis and James Bates asexecutive producers and Marc Heffernan asseries producer.

Watch Schnabel's special episode on Tuesday, Aug. 19 at 8/7c.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
O

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another story.

GOLD RUSH, Discovery Channel’s #1 series, is giving fans a look at the upcoming season, answering that all-important question: Who’s in and who’s out? Last season, things were tough all over in the Hoffman camp, while 18-year-old Parker Schnabel struck out into the world for the first time, and made it count.

Last season, GOLD RUSH fans watched as Todd Hoffman stuck his neck out and rolled the dice, taking his entire operation to the jungles of Guyana, South America, scheming to make a fortune along with his father Jack, Dave Turin, Jim Thurber and a few new additions to his crew. But, alas, things didn’t go quite as planned–as things often do not when it comes to Todd. Team Hoffman hit rock bottom, and ol’ Todd lost his land, most of his money, his crew and perhaps worst of all, his dignity. This season the big questions are (1) Will Todd be able to turn things around? or (2) Will he end up throwing in the towel for good?

While things were tough all over for Team Hoffman, then-18-year-old Parker Schnabel proved his worth in gold–over 1,000 ounces-worth, in fact, worth 1.4 million dollars. It was a tough time for the first-time Klondike boss, no doubt, but he learned a lot, from both his crew and his often cantankerous mentor, Tony Beets. In Season 5, Parker hopes to take it up a notch with a goal of 2,000 ounces; will he reach his ambitious total? Or is he simply caught up in a raging case of gold fever?

Next week, Tuesday, August 19, fans can tune in at 8 p.m. ET/PT for an inside look into Parker’s first season in the Klondike. On “Parker’s Take,” Parker himself will take viewers through the end of Season 4, when he raked in the epic 1,000 ounces of gold. And, throughout the 2-hour special, Parker will dish up stories about what went on during filming and will answer questions from fans.

Fans should stay tuned after Parker’s special for “Heroes and Zeroes” at 10 p.m., which will recall the top moments from last season, and will give fans an exclusive sneak peek look ahead at Season 5 of GOLD RUSH, premiering on Discovery Channel in October.

Big changes are coming for the crews, with the stakes and pressure to succeed higher than ever before. Will Todd Hoffman be able to resurrect his career and rise from the ashes? Was Parker’s success simply beginners luck? And what about mine boss Tony Beets? In the upcoming season, Tony buys a 75-year-old floating gold dredge which he intends to rebuild. It’s a wreck, and a huge risk. Will the investment pay out, or will he be left standing in the dust?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
can I vote turd hoffman off this year?? it would be a better show without his stupidity

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
They can't get rid of Todd Hoffman! He's the major source of DRAMA for the show! It can't be a "REALITY SHOW" if there's no drama! ....or can it???

Notice if you will though that it's Parker hosting the special instead of Turd errr... I mean Todd. Couple of seasons ago that never would have happened.

Now.. I like Parker and his family, I like Dakota Fred and his crew, heck I even like most of the Hoffman crew. It's just that Todd isn't one of them. That guy is a prime example of how NOT to be a miner. Even with several seasons under his (rather large) belt, he just won't learn. Why his guys stick with him is beyond my ability for understand.

And I still want to know if we can sue Discovery Channel and RAW productions for false advertising! Gold Rush is anything BUT real at the best of times....... JMHO

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
Another story.

GOLD RUSH, Discovery Channel’s #1 series, is giving fans a look at the upcoming season, answering that all-important question: Who’s in and who’s out? Last season, things were tough all over in the Hoffman camp, while 18-year-old Parker Schnabel struck out into the world for the first time, and made it count.

Last season, GOLD RUSH fans watched as Todd Hoffman stuck his neck out and rolled the dice, taking his entire operation to the jungles of Guyana, South America, scheming to make a fortune along with his father Jack, Dave Turin, Jim Thurber and a few new additions to his crew. But, alas, things didn’t go quite as planned–as things often do not when it comes to Todd. Team Hoffman hit rock bottom, and ol’ Todd lost his land, most of his money, his crew and perhaps worst of all, his dignity. This season the big questions are (1) Will Todd be able to turn things around? or (2) Will he end up throwing in the towel for good?

While things were tough all over for Team Hoffman, then-18-year-old Parker Schnabel proved his worth in gold–over 1,000 ounces-worth, in fact, worth 1.4 million dollars. It was a tough time for the first-time Klondike boss, no doubt, but he learned a lot, from both his crew and his often cantankerous mentor, Tony Beets. In Season 5, Parker hopes to take it up a notch with a goal of 2,000 ounces; will he reach his ambitious total? Or is he simply caught up in a raging case of gold fever?

Next week, Tuesday, August 19, fans can tune in at 8 p.m. ET/PT for an inside look into Parker’s first season in the Klondike. On “Parker’s Take,” Parker himself will take viewers through the end of Season 4, when he raked in the epic 1,000 ounces of gold. And, throughout the 2-hour special, Parker will dish up stories about what went on during filming and will answer questions from fans.

Fans should stay tuned after Parker’s special for “Heroes and Zeroes” at 10 p.m., which will recall the top moments from last season, and will give fans an exclusive sneak peek look ahead at Season 5 of GOLD RUSH, premiering on Discovery Channel in October.

Big changes are coming for the crews, with the stakes and pressure to succeed higher than ever before. Will Todd Hoffman be able to resurrect his career and rise from the ashes? Was Parker’s success simply beginners luck? And what about mine boss Tony Beets? In the upcoming season, Tony buys a 75-year-old floating gold dredge which he intends to rebuild. It’s a wreck, and a huge risk. Will the investment pay out, or will he be left standing in the dust?

Thanks for the update!

Fred and Parker are the real deal miners, and its too bad Fred wont be with us anymore. These gold shows are just an excuse for my mining buds to come over and we hoot and holler and laugh at the stooopid mistakes made by Toad.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
can I vote turd hoffman off this year?? it would be a better show without his stupidity

Todd is the reason they invented the DVR.

I hope they show a little of Freddy Dodge and his brother's operation. He went to work up there while the Hoffmans were ... (I don't even know what to call it). He showed off some nice gold.

Aunuts

Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how much it cost Parker to get those 1000 Oz's ?[/QUOT

The internet says that gold production cost in central Alaska is $555 an ounce. If spot price is $1,300, that leaves $745; Minus Tony Beets' 10%, leaving Parker about $670 an ounce. That's pretty good pay back on investment. What I don't know is how much he owes the bank. I know he borrowed 300k to buy a dozer this season.

So, lets say he does make 2000 ounces: At $670 an ounce, that equals $1,340,000; pay off the 300k dozer and that leaves $1,040,000. Again, not knowing what other debt he has.

So it looks like 2000 ounces earns Parker 1 million; That's where Parker came up with the 2000 ounce goal. One million sounds
like a good start to buying his own claim.

Parker has got to get out from under Beets' thumb. From what I've seen, Beet's treats people like crap for his own. selfish ends.

Bill_saf

Jul 3, 2014
w/c Illinois
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wonder how much it cost Parker to get those 1000 Oz's ?[/QUOT

The internet says that gold production cost in central Alaska is $555 an ounce. If spot price is $1,300, that leaves $745; Minus Tony Beets' 10%, leaving Parker about $670 an ounce. That's pretty good pay back on investment. What I don't know is how much he owes the bank. I know he borrowed 300k to buy a dozer this season.

So, lets say he does make 2000 ounces: At $670 an ounce, that equals $1,340,000; pay off the 300k dozer and that leaves $1,040,000. Again, not knowing what other debt he has.

So it looks like 2000 ounces earns Parker 1 million; That's where Parker came up with the 2000 ounce goal. One million sounds
like a good start to buying his own claim.

Parker has got to get out from under Beets' thumb. From what I've seen, Beet's treats people like crap for his own. selfish ends.

Parker get's less then you think! after all is paid for ( Equipment rental, Equipment payments, fuel, labor, repairs, smelting charges, ect he's lucky to walk away with $250,000- $275,000. it cost Parker about $7000,- $8000.00 a day to run 2 back hoes 4-6 pit trucks, wash plant of that size + pumps and if he runs 2 D10 cats. and Beet's get's 15% off the top

if my numbers are off please say so but i think I'm close

Last edited:

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Leaving out whatever the show pays I would guess that's in the ballpark. I'm sure the Schnabel's do ok.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beets gettn' 10% and just jacked it up to 15% so that math is way off. Kudos to the kid but the funny thing is all the ops have gotten too big and can never find enough ground to work for a season,even a short one with a early winter. BIGGER IS NOT BETTER. Think like the Dodge ops-lean,mean quiet and LOTZA GOLD with minimal costs---John

Last edited:

Bill_saf

Jul 3, 2014
w/c Illinois
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep at 20-30% my numbers are way off and your dead on john about going big is not allway's better small less over head more $$$$$$ in the pocket.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread