NFA Mineral bar bridge

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I'm not that familiar with the area yet I was Just curious as to how far up from mineral bar bridge does one need to hike to get to less worked ground.

I hiked in on the pennyweight trail and beyond where it ended about 2 miles in I believe to where we stopped and the ground still seemed to be worked over pretty well. Gold was small and scarce it seemed.

Where are the remote areas? Doesn't the wild and scenic portion end about 5 miles up?

Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Try Steven's trail

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NFAR above Mineral Bar.....There is still some AU to be found...you just got to keep at it !
I just realized this below pic is from 8/20/2013 ! I am just hitting my "1 Yr" !

What a yr it's been !
This is the first "Real" gold I found.. not just specks ! Was just about 1 Yr Ago...

P1010012.JPG

I originally found my "Spot" by hiking upriver until I did not see anyone ! After that, I returned to the same area 5-10 times and after a while started recovering more and more. Long hike in, and lot's of work, then long hike out....
BUT...below is pretty much what I found up there in 2013.....The 2014 pile is even bigger.
Just keep at it ! It's up there....

CAM00024.jpg

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Plenty of river. Plenty of areas that are rarely to never worked any more. Just takes time I suppose.. also depends on what kind of work you are putting in. For example I myself prefer narrow sections of the river and lots of bedrock and I work accordingly.. I very rarely even bother with wide stretches as it can be to time consuming in locating a pocket.. Anyway running dirt is a different matter wide sections can prove to be good. Upriver from the bridge for a ways past secret ravine you will find the river is wide for a ways. recently I saw a 2 gram nugget pulled out of that stretch from sluicing..Ultimatly you will find that prospecting is just time consuming. Always come down to sampling I suppose.

OP
OP
Bnugget

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess what it comes down to is I need to learn the geology of the North Fork as I am not familiar with it. I'm used to mining areas with granite bed rock And I'm pretty good at finding the gold there. I tried to look in all the usual spots in the NFA but I come up empty or just find fine gold scattered throughout. I guess I'll keep searching for the bigger stuff. Lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread