Asteroid influence on gold districts

gold hound

Mar 16, 2014
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx, bgt 24" sniper,jobe45, cascade mini high banker, gold buddy vibra-lite colt drywasher, homemade gold vac, keene 140 drywasher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know they speculate and theorize gold was brought to us via asteroids etc..
I need to know more. If some of the larger asteroids impact earth at more than 30,000 miles per hour wouldn't that have a significant displacement to our earths core pushing out the heavier materials? Or is it all ???? Maybe? If u punch me in my stomach, I'll loose my wind because i was forced to exhale..But a crap load of energy is expelled to regain it. E=mc squared. Maybe I crap myself or throw up. Not trying to be a wise guy but science is my favorite subject besides gold!!!
Can I conclude early bombardment of asteroids pushed and displaced earths mass forming the already fragile earths crust into the mountain ranges or are we sticking with Pangaea? I think it may all fit in to a somewhat Pangaea explanation. There has to be some displacement effect on the earths core by large impact events. I think these events encourage the expulsion of gold to our earth surface.
Surely somebody on this forum can enlighten me on this subject. I should have paid more attention in geology class but I know there's probably no simple answer

Upvote 0

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You made me thing of magnetic declination.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GH, I believe the general consensus is that a vast majority of those comets and
asteroids arrived during the period of time where the Earth wasn't much more than
a molten mass of assorted debris that had been captured by the Sun's gravity, and
orbiting it at the approx. same distance as Earth is today.

There was a huge volume of stuff that came together over a long period
of time, and that formed our planet. Once cooled, volcano's and glaciers
had the largest role in forming the shape of the land masses.

CApicker

Nov 3, 2013
West Sacramento, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Dizzy Digger is saying Meteors and such that influence Gold distribution on Earth's surface arrived after the Earth had cooled somewhat but almost all the Gold that was on or came to Earth while it was still molten found it's way to the core and is not accessible. If we could bring it out it would be enough to cover the Earth 1.5' deep! :icon_thumright:
So nothing has displaced Earths core throughout the whole process but there has been some beautiful metals delivered...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread