Mining Claims Annual Filing

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's time again to make your annual recordings and filings to keep your mining claims for another year. We put out this notice and flyer every year to help claim owners to understand the obligations involved and guide them to the best choices for their particular situation.

Important points to remember whether you choose to pay the $155 per 20 acres or take the small miners exemption and pay $10 per claim (no matter what size).

1. Every claim must have a County Recording AND a BLM filing for each year you intend to hold the claim.
2. The Federal filing deadline is August 31.

The details are in the chart and flyer below. Just follow the arrows as you make your decisions. Download the PDFs and take your time. Please do share this information with other miners - a lot of claims are lost each year due to missed deadlines or improper paperwork.

Feel free to ask questions. This stuff can be pretty confusing.

Attachments

• 2014MCF.pdf
    161 KB · Views: 270
  • 2014AnnualFilingsText.pdf
    119.6 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Upvote 0

MinerFortyNiner1952

Nov 18, 2013
San Jose, California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Should be Form 3830-2. I do not THINK the BLM requires it to be notarized, but you should check on that. my County Recorder stated if there was a place for the form to be notarized it would have to be notarized before it could be recorded at the county.

Downloaded that form from the BLM

But also went to the county that I have to file at and their form makes no mention of having in notarized. Problem solved.

SLNugget

Sep 25, 2013
Morristown, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Form 3830-2 is for the Small Miners Waiver NOT Annual Assessment as I posted above Sorry about that. :-(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread