Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got my ass handed to me climbing a cliff out of a gorge yesterday, I am still sore today! lol
First I froze sniping rapids (But that's what I usually do) and then I had to hike up and out of about a 400'+ deep gorge.

My good friends that I prospect with decided to take a "shortcut" up that ended up being near vertical and very loose.
When we got to the top and looked back down we couldn't even see where we had gone because it was so steep, it just looked like a drop off.

Then I dropped my gold pan and had to go back down for it! lol
But I had only gone about 30' up when that happened.

I am a big guy, 6'2" and 370lbs with a 30lb+ pack and I have been nicknamed The Mountain Goat and the Polar Bear by my friends, but damn that cliff killed me. LOL
I didn't feel much like a Mountain Goat that day. Usually I can handle things like that much better but after skin sniping in freezing water that makes you hurt instantly for 5 hours and not having much of a warmup before heading out, I think I was at a little bit of a STIFF disadvantage. lol

Prospecting does a body good. :)
I am the healthiest 370lbs son of a ***** you will ever meet. :D
Though I am trying to drop that weight.

I have a gym membership to XTreme Fitness and I have never been this beat leaving the Gym before, I am still sore all over! lol

I always lose a good amount of weight during the summer months, its the winter that kills me and I gain again.

But anyways that's my prospecting trip from yesterday. :)

Here are some pics of my take that day, I figured I would have gotten a little more but this area has been dredged hard in the past.
I also found a beautiful quarts crystal (With blue clay and pickers under it) that was about 4" long, a pretty neat find but I didn't get a pick of that yet as I gave it to my friends. I will get a pic of it later.

The first pic of the creek is where I found the long nugget and the 2nd part of the creek which is just above the first is where I found most of the other pickers.
The Pan is a Le' Trap pan in case you were wondering about the little gold catching groves.

Thanks for reading. :)

-Eric-

IMG_8449.JPG

IMG_8448.JPG

IMG_8456.JPG

IMG_8460.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks John, that's an awesome pic there. :)
So are electric hookah's that are allowed in there? I didn't know that gas powered hookah's weren't allowed.
That was the whole reason for wanting to pick a hookah up, that and a couple deeper holes that I know of on other open creeks.

GN: You got mail. :)

MM: I am picking up a GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition today to make a few more video's before the season ends.
I am surprised at all the requests that I have gotten to make more video's.

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whelp I bought more than I thought I would yesterday but that's almost always how it goes. :)

I bought my GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Ed (Awesome cam btw)
I also bought a Honda GC190 6hp horizontal shaft motor for my hookah project.

I got them both for a hell of a deal. :)

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
lol, the gorge did it again!

But this time we walked back out like we were suppose to, much easier. :)

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting