Great Local Price After The Store Honor The Online Price

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Needing a suction hose for my pump to use on my trommel I went online searching for the best price and ended up at Tractor Supply. When you follow the link, Abbott Suction Hose Kit the price is just under $70.00, but in the store it's $150.00 for the kit. So off to the sales counter I went with the kit at our local Tractor Supply. The sales lady said that she would not honor the online price and I said, "Sure You Will, Get The Manager Up Front & Center" Manager arrived took the info. came back a few more times then called the cashier and said to sale the item at the online price. The only thing I added was a hose adapter and cam-lock connector to adapt to my trommel as the other end of the green hose I need to cut the fitting off so I have a male and female quick disconnect fittings at each end. Cost me another $16.00. The kit came with 20' suction plus 25' discharge 2 inch hose's and the fittings. I am using the green hose backwards (Supply Hose) cause I did not want a hose that would kink, not to mention needing a hose that could hold up to desert life in Arizona. If I need to add length to the green hose TS sales the 2" hose by the foot and I need to purchase another set of hose fittings.

If you have never been to Tractor Supply you need to go cause they have lots of things you can use and build equipment with. Can't beat the Rubbermaid 100 gallon Trough prices anywhere, maybe were on sale but at $69.00 that's a bargain. Perfect for recirculating using three troughs.

S1.jpg S2.jpg S3.jpg
S4.jpg S5.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MFSB

Greenie
Sep 7, 2014
Helendale
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just read this post, the hose kit is on sale now at 29.99. Seems like an excellent deal!

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Finding a store that has them in stock is the problem. My buddy got lucky and found one kit in Nebraska and a family member got it for him.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup... Gotta love TSC stores! Lots of things in them for us McGuyver types. They just opened one up here in Douglas and Sierra Vista got one last year. That company is growing like a weed. I went to my first one back in Georgia and liked them right away.

IMPDLN

Mar 18, 2014
Central Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No offense, but the kit you linked is now on clearance for $30.00 and was only $60.00 retail before that....online. The similar kit that is $199.99 is 3 inch and much longer and heavier duty. Are you sure you got the deal you think you got, cause it looks like you got.....pardon my humor.....hosed. Maybe the cheaper kit was on the shelf for the more expensive 3 inch kit. Did you check the upc codes? I've not been to Tractor Supply so I don't know how well they maintain the product on the shelves. I know Walmart should be cited by weights and measures for having stuff miss marked or shelved incorrectly. Dennis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread