Metal Detecting Gold Pan

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now there's a gigantic waste of time and effort!

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
You would be breaking your back when using it too. Whoever started the idea needs to rethink it and say, that the two are better off side by side.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You would be breaking your back when using it too. Whoever started the idea needs to rethink it and say, that the two are better off side by side.

You have Timothy Ray Friend the inventor of this disaster to thank. Hmmm wish he was in these forums to ask, what are you thinking?

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
HA! That's great, BUT this is better!

mmm, yes this was a fun waste of time. :}

Chester.jpg

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
You have Timothy Ray Friend the inventor of this disaster to thank. Hmmm wish he was in these forums to ask, what are you thinking?

I think the idea is interesting but the amount of work for this thing to be made would be incredible.

1. The materials the pan is made out of is plastic. You can't just put a "metal detector" on plastic because there would be a problem with placing it on the pan and keeping it durable.

2. The metal detector would have to be one of this water proof ones. If it wasn't what would be the purpose of panning and using the detector on the pan?

3. How portable is it? Hook it up to a power supply? Then having to make sure that it doesn't get wet? That is to complicated.

4. Experience. As I was reading it I noticed that they talked about having prior experience to mining in order for it to be affective. What about metal detecting experience? How much experience do you need with that?

5. I'm goin to end here. What's harder to use? A metal detector and a pan or a metal detector attached to the pan?

It's just way too complicated to make sense to even make it. Plus the expense to buy one would be through the roof. Bad idea.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, I thought for sure that you guys would like what I did to that metal detecting pan picture. Oh well. lol

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome, that's what I was going for. :)
Sometimes inspiration just hits a fellow a little odd. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread