Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
so I had his idea for a gold mining show,

hers how it goes

you get a weekend prosector from each part of the world where its relevant(Australia, parts of Europe, usa)
and have then mine in a place where they have no experience

so say we got a miner from the u.k ,north Carolina, and Australia

and say put them in Alaska
they get 24 hours to do research by any means, talk to people, read books, internet

then here comes the good part
by the time they choose where they want to mine(land access issues handled off screen)
they have 3 days to make their "claim" livable
the idea of this is to imitate original gold rushes, people with little idea what their doing roughing it in the wilderness finding gold
so once that's done, they get a week to mine
at the end of the week hey see how much gold they got and put it to the scale of how well they would have done in the initial gold rush
also there would be added in things that I missed out from what would have happened in the gold rush

and the winner gets say 100 oz. of gold or a 4 oz. gold nugget something like that

would you guys watch this, what do you think?
heavy pans everyone

Upvote 0

gold hound

Mar 16, 2014
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx, bgt 24" sniper,jobe45, cascade mini high banker, gold buddy vibra-lite colt drywasher, homemade gold vac, keene 140 drywasher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not exactly the same concept as yours, but I thought of "ice cold gold" when reading it. Another prospecting show... They found rubies instead of gold...

OP
OP
KiddoTheMiner

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not exactly the same concept as yours, but I thought of "ice cold gold" when reading it. Another prospecting show... They found rubies instead of gold...

ive seen that, but aren't they technically commercial miners, this is kind of game show like because its a competition

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
Probably be something I watch, as long as there ain't no Todd Hoffman like people. Then I would switch the channel. Yes I would watch this show, the reward should not be 100 oz. thats a lot of money right there.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like fun.

We had a guy on here around a year ago or more that was trying to start his own show in South America.

There are places that you can patent your idea and try to sell the story. :)

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you want to do a survivor kind of deal~ a three day stint is to short maybe 3 to 4 weeks. Your idea of research is kinda ok but for it to be real research it would have to be limited to books and hearsay like the old timers. Gear to would have to be limited as well as techniques period stuff would have to suffice. Would not do to have your contestants running a keene dry blower riding atv's and sleeping in pop tents. Alot of old timers built or hauled in their own equipment and most gold rush locations were found by following others~ not original discovery. Locations would be kinda limited to so the series would be short. Maybe competing teams?
Just some constructive criticism, it does sound like an interesting idea.

OP
OP
KiddoTheMiner

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like you want to do a survivor kind of deal~ a three day stint is to short maybe 3 to 4 weeks. Your idea of research is kinda ok but for it to be real research it would have to be limited to books and hearsay like the old timers. Gear to would have to be limited as well as techniques period stuff would have to suffice. Would not do to have your contestants running a keene dry blower riding atv's and sleeping in pop tents. Alot of old timers built or hauled in their own equipment and most gold rush locations were found by following others~ not original discovery. Locations would be kinda limited to so the series would be short. Maybe competing teams?
Just some constructive criticism, it does sound like an interesting idea.

What you said was kind of what i was going for just not a descriptive writer

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One more catch... keep a budget going. The one that turns the biggest profit after expenses is the winner. TTC

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Love this idea. Good inputs from others too :)

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wouldn't mind being on that show, underwater sniping is my favorite way to prospect and is low budget. :)

OP
OP
KiddoTheMiner

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
like the suggestions

and there would have to be ONE complete idiot every episode for the audience to laugh at

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread