Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Do i need to have a permit to carry visible side arm in Arizona & New Mexico?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2014
    Central Arizona
    Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
    417 times
    Prospecting
    One final note on Javalina.....if you come upon them suddenly and scare them, they often run the direction they are facing towards. This is why many people think they are being charged by this weird animal. They are certainly rather near sighted, but can smell and hear very well. Dennis

us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    5703 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by AzViper View Post
    I would be more concern of a Rattlesnake bit than a Javalina chasing me down
    or following me. Your chances of encountering Rattlesnake are much greater than having to deal with Javalina.
    100% spot-on...them buzz-tails are far more serious of an issue than
    those little porkers.

Quote Originally Posted by AzViper View Post
    Don't take a shower for a few weeks then go prospecting, problem solved.
    Yep...that'll work. The wife boots ya out of the house til ya decide to wash,
    so you've got an open-ended pass to go prospecting...Damn good idea!
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

us
    Oct 2012
    Bostonia,Ca
    933 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Them pecary are a lot tastier than than the old buzz tails too. Used to hunt them as a kid between lake pleasant and castle hot springs. Mmm pig on a spit is hard tobeat.
    gusser likes this.

us
    Mad Marshall

Nov 2012
    na
    1632 times
    Prospecting
    I guess some things are just beyond me.. Having spent a lot of time in the some pretty remote places. I honestly say and believe I have better chances of suffering injury to the terrain then I do from the wildlife..Hell I am willing to bet I stand better odds of winning the lottery then getting attacked by a bear or such..
    But truthfully I honestly believe it really doesn't come down protection!! More ignorance.. NEEDLESS FEAR..
    I feel safe in the woods the cities not so much.. I personally don't carry a gun in either places..
    I do carry bear spray. And I have ever yet to use it.

Hard Prospector
    I never enter the desert or woods without gun, knife and lighter. I refuse to take a chance at being victomized especially if my kids are along.

I don't even know what to think from that statement..

Mother Nature nor it's critters can Victimize anything.. Are you speaking of people?

It seems to me if people were really concerned about their well being and their families they would be taking steps to "ACTUALLY PROTECT THEM" Not for the rarest of events but the common.. May I suggest First aid Training/ Wilderness survival and a whole slew of other things that one can better ensure the safety of yourselves and family. And by far more effective results then a gun would ever bring you..

Also let me point out that their are multiple non lethal weapons one can use to stop man and beast.. Why neglect these Items? Maybe you think they are not effective.. Well if your goal is to kill something You are absolutely right.. but if your goal is safety then it would seem these would be very pratical and often less heavy.
    Clay Diggins and DizzyDigger like this.

May 2012
    511 times
    Good luck when you run into a couple of coyotes or a drug runner...

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7950 times
    The Truth
    It seems to me if people were really concerned about their well being and their families they would be taking steps to "ACTUALLY PROTECT THEM" Not for the rarest of events but the common.. May I suggest First aid Training/ Wilderness survival and a whole slew of other things that one can better ensure the safety of yourselves and family. And by far more effective results then a gun would ever bring you..

Also let me point out that their are multiple non lethal weapons one can use to stop man and beast.. Why neglect these Items? Maybe you think they are not effective.. Well if your goal is to kill something You are absolutely right.. but if your goal is safety then it would seem these would be very pratical and often less heavy.
    The only thing thats going to stop a determined man with a gun is another determined man with a gun.Knowing basic first aid is common sense and knowing and having survival skills is also,if heading out into no where.Common sense also says bring a weapon for self defense.A gun can feed you when all else fails to do so.
    russau likes this.

us
    Aug 2012
    New Mexico USA
    1695 times
    Prospecting
    So many get in trouble as they fail to understand that nature is indifferent.
    Chop wood..Carry water

us
    Richard

Sep 2013
    AZ, N.CA
    AT, Goldbug2
    39 times
    Prospecting
    Must be in holster or some container while in car. It can be exposed.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMarshall View Post
    I guess some things are just beyond me.. Having spent a lot of time in the some pretty remote places. I honestly say and believe I have better chances of suffering injury to the terrain then I do from the wildlife..Hell I am willing to bet I stand better odds of winning the lottery then getting attacked by a bear or such..
    But truthfully I honestly believe it really doesn't come down protection!! More ignorance.. NEEDLESS FEAR..
    I feel safe in the woods the cities not so much.. I personally don't carry a gun in either places..
    I do carry bear spray. And I have ever yet to use it.

Hard Prospector
    I never enter the desert or woods without gun, knife and lighter. I refuse to take a chance at being victomized especially if my kids are along.

I don't even know what to think from that statement..

Mother Nature nor it's critters can Victimize anything.. Are you speaking of people?

I always carry when in the wilderness, I have been in some pretty remote areas and many times had my wife with me.

It is my job to protect my wife 24\7.... There are wild animals in the wilderness and some of them walk on 2 legs.
    Aufisher and russau like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Keith

Feb 2013
    Glendale
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
    354 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMarshall View Post
    It seems to me if people were really concerned about their well being and their families they would be taking steps to protect them from the common emergencies. Not for the rarest of events but the common.. May I suggest First aid Training/ Wilderness survival and a whole slew of other things that one can better ensure the safety of yourselves and family. And by far more effective results then a gun would ever bring you to cure the most common emergencies.

I agree with this part of your statement Marshall. The little bit I changed is in color.
    Men are strong so long as they represent a strong idea they become powerless when they oppose it. Sigmund Freud

us
    Keith

Feb 2013
    Glendale
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
    354 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    I always carry when in the wilderness, I have been in some pretty remote areas and many times had my family with me.

It is my job to protect my family and myself 24\7.... There are wild animals in the wilderness and some of them walk on 2 legs.
    ANd, I agree with your statement as well, Hunter. Again, the little bit I changed is in color...
    Men are strong so long as they represent a strong idea they become powerless when they oppose it. Sigmund Freud

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7950 times
    The Truth
    All anybody really has to remember is it only takes once and youre a dead man.You run into a pissed off,wounded,and or hungry animal,bear,mountain lion.Its just going to take once.Even if your armed,mountain lions can leap 30 plus feet horizontally ,theyre ambush hunters,you wont even hear it.Measure off 30 feet and then think about it.If youre not armed and something wants you,youre dinner.
    russau likes this.

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4406 times
    I agree with Red! without sounding perinoid , if your not ready to use this weapon in seconds , you and the ones your trying to protect could be dead or robbed ! be constantly aware of your suroundings and prepare for what youll think will NEVER happen! and then its a toss up if you will prevail in a emergency!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links