Gold In My Blood

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My mom's cousin told me that my relatives mined in Grass Valley California. Le Duc mine to be exact! I knew I had the fever but know I know it can't be cured. If anyone has any insight on this mine I would be Interested. Sounds like a lava cap shaft and tertiary adit mine.

Upvote 0

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
Very interesting! Time for some more research on the mine. Thanks for sharing it's definitely exciting to hear you had relatives that were miners.

caprock

Aug 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to the Mines and Mineral Resources of Nevada County by Errol Mac Boyle: page 194-195
Le Duc Mine was located in sec. 6, T 15N., R 9 E., 2 miles southeast of Grass Valley
In operation from 1910 until at least 1916.
Mine contained both Tertiary river channel placers and lode deposits of quartz-gold along a slate and diabase (greenstone) contact.
Hope this helps, much more info in report.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I suggest an expedition to find it.

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many of the old mines were patented as in private property so anyone lookn' be sure to hit county tax assessor first,then recorder to prove out what ye seek as bullets do fly in that necka the woods as HARVEST SEASON NOW =DANGER-John

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have to wonder if Le Duc Street in Grass Valley is named after the owner of the Le Duc mine....

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I bet your right!

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aufisher ,a very cool book is" 49er Irish". It is very informative about the GV/NC area.Le Duc isn't an Irish name, but what the heck !

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Aufisher ,a very cool book is" 49er Irish". It is very informative about the GV/NC area.Le Duc isn't an Irish name, but what the heck !

Oh, and "Diary Of a 49'er". I read that one in a night because I couldn't put it down.

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Le Duc

I found this about Le Duc mine.

It appears to be in this persons back yard. Quite the yard!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions