Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where about in Ohio are you?
Good videos thank you for sharing.
From your video IMHO that creek looks like it will only produce tiny gold. The reasons are that although there are some bigger rocks the majority were very small. Also I did not see any bedrock or hard packed clay which leads me to believe you are Columbus or north. The material looks glacial or atleast smoothed from tumbling but quartz is not the only mineral to chase. I would look for pyrite and heavy black sand concentrations first as Quartz is very very common.
It looks like you were just digging in the most convenient place but you should follow the large rocks and pay attention for broken glass or steel or iron as they can show you the flood gold paystreaks.
Beautiful creek though and love the video!

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MrTim4Gold

Sep 9, 2014
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ya I belong to a few sites, my main home is goldprospectorsspace.com But Im loving this site!! soo much good info!
I am in NE Ohio near canton akron, the material here is glaciated from the Illinoian periord...not great stuff..this creek on this video is from a tiny stream that feeds into Sandy creek. In sandy creek there is some bigger rock but not much bigger..no visible bedrock..I have video of my finds on sandy creek..from season 1 on my YouTube..but if we travel south and west anywhere over 2hr away we do ok for ohio..but southern Ohio is the best we have done so far

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ive actually liked your vids for awhile
you, indyme2, astrobouncer, sluice lee, ed marvin, and john Jacobs are my favorite prospectors on youtube

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Actually Illinoin pays Better than wisconsinan in the southern part of the state atleast. Look for ground moraine or even better is dissected ground moraine. Too bad your so far north; I'd keep an eye out for kames/eskers and check out wash.
Some of the best creeks in the northern parts of the state are creeks that cut horizontally through huge river valleys.
I have decent respect for anyone prospecting the north as it's mostly fly poop gold and can be discouraging.
Keep your head up though cause the 3 biggest finds in Ohio all came from your general area

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim, I just hit up a creek in canton over the weekend and found a few flakes. I have watch a few vid's as well. Keep it up

OP
OP
M

MrTim4Gold

Sep 9, 2014
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very cool and Thank You Kiddo! I have met Ed in person and talked to Indyme several times..and im subscribed to the rest!

OP
OP
M

MrTim4Gold

Sep 9, 2014
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Also follow the sand and gravel plant line! They are in the deposits that were left.(just some thoughts):icon_thumleft:
Very true as this has been in my thoughts..I live in between a few sand and gravel pits..Ive tested downstream of one..and not much at all..keep plugging..its what we do!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread