All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheesh, I grew up in Perris Ca. outside of it actually the worst place I have ever been. I have lived in Alaska,Montana, Arizona, Portland,Or. Austin,Tx. Brooklyn, N.Y. And traveled most places in between took some classes in Johnsonville, Tn. Life is what you make it ......people watch to much news.... Hey guess what it hasn't rained much the last few years...."since records have been kept":laughing7:... I have a great Job in none of the mentioned industries...Bought a great house on the cheap 60% equity gained so far more I think more actually...have been promoted twice...mining claim six minutes from my house.....Na na na na na na. There are things I wish were different but, I bet you ten dollars theres a hole in a donut....and I enjoy more freedom and access then anyone east of the Rockies:headbang:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet you don't legally.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From a moderator really? I absolutely do:dontknow:....I have no need to High Grade...Its deer season I have access to thousands of acres of public lands for free other then my license, tag, and gas. Like I said I have a mining claim that costs 50 bucks a year to hold mineral rights....I also have access to private land for hunting , detecting, and prospecting...so yes I do feel like I have more freedom and access than easterners.....I CAN"T BELIEVE A MODERATOR CALLED ME A HI_GRADER AND TRESSPASSER!!!!.... HANGTOWN.......AUFIsHER... ... GRAVELWASHER..... ALEWIS..MOJO.....BRASSEAGLE.... DAN THE DRYWALLMAN....FYI.....careful I have just been informed I am one dishonest individual.

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your welcome to come visit but please take someone with you when you leave . Native Californian .

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From a moderator really? I absolutely do:dontknow:....I have no need to High Grade...Its deer season I have access to thousands of acres of public lands for free other then my license, tag, and gas. Like I said I have a mining claim that costs 50 bucks a year to hold mineral rights....I also have access to private land for hunting , detecting, and prospecting...so yes I do feel like I have more freedom and access than easterners.....I CAN"T BELIEVE A MODERATOR CALLED ME A HI_GRADER AND TRESSPASSER!!!!.... HANGTOWN.......AUFIsHER... ... GRAVELWASHER..... ALEWIS..MOJO.....BRASSEAGLE.... DAN THE DRYWALLMAN....FYI.....careful I have just been informed I am one dishonest individual.
Go back and reread, I called you none of those....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have thousands of acres of land to hunt and fish for free, over 600 miles of public beaches including beaches where a fleet of treasure ships sank in 1715.

On top of that I can legally carry concealed to protect myself and my family in 99% of the places I go, my conceal carry right is recognized in 34 states. I can buy any AR 15 or AK47 with as many "scary" features I want with as many rounds in mags I want 7 days a week.

I have the freedom to keep a lot more of my hard earned money too.

I pay NO state income tax. California has the highest state income tax at 13.5% California has one of the highest sales taxes in the country as well.

The 10 highest income tax states on the FTA's 2012 list were:

California 13.3%
Hawaii 11.0%
New Jersey 8.97%
Vermont 8.95%
Iowa 8.98%
New York 8.82%
Minnesota 7.85%
North Carolina 7.75%
Wisconsin 7.75%
South Carolina 7.0%

Ten states with the lowest personal income tax rates

Only seven states have no personal income tax:

Wyoming
Washington
Texas
South Dakota
Nevada
Florida
Alaska

Combined sales and income tax leaders

The Tax Foundation interprets individual tax burden by what taxpayers actually spend in local and state taxes, rather than report these expenses from the state revenue perspective used by the Census Bureau. Its State and Local Tax Burden Rankings study reported that Americans paid an average rate of 9.9 percent in state and local taxes in 2010. According to the foundation, the five highest state-local tax states were:

New York 12.8 %
New Jersey 12.4%
Connecticut 12.3%
California 11.2%
Wisconsin 11.1%

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-too...th-the-Highest-and-Lowest-Taxes/INF23232.html

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm with you on that TH, those are some of the reasons we are going to tell Maine to kiss our you know whats!

sent from a potato...

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I love California. Lived in southern California for a few years. Temecula, lake arrowhead. It's to bad such am awesome state is such a mess. As has been mentioned, loss of rights and extreme taxation has destroyed that state. To bad...to many tree huggers...

sent from a potato...

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought you meant if I was doing certain things I must be doing them illegally. I too can legally carry concealed btw. You are correct I do need a permit. I happen to live in a county where it is easy to get one. And yes I do need a bullet button for an AR-15 or Ak. I'm happy with an SKS. Taxes are higher shameful for businesses... Due to population and infrastructure requirements we would be in much worse shape with out the revenue....I pay more income taxes....but, I also make more money here than I would elsewhere. All the states I would like to live in just don't pay the same or are seasonal for my industry. You are right about many things...But, it is still worth it to me. sorry I took offense.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I escaped from Kalifornia 10 years ago .I could see the writing on the wall regarding taxation, loss of rights, uncontrolled illegal immigration and most importantly the dredging situation. So where did I move ? Idaho !!LOL

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought you meant if I was doing certain things I must be doing them illegally. I too can legally carry concealed btw. You are correct I do need a permit. I happen to live in a county where it is easy to get one. And yes I do need a bullet button for an AR-15 or Ak. I'm happy with an SKS. Taxes are higher shameful for businesses... Due to population and infrastructure requirements we would be in much worse shape with out the revenue....I pay more income taxes....but, I also make more money here than I would elsewhere. All the states I would like to live in just don't pay the same or are seasonal for my industry. You are right about many things...But, it is still worth it to me. sorry I took offense.

Sorry I wasn't clear.....

I turned down a job in California 15 years ago that started at $35 and pay would quickly rise.. Wasn't worth it to me......

I love the National parks there, just not the taxes or politics.....

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
State gas tax is going up Jan 1st, 20 cents to ? a gallon That a minimum of $6.00 a tank for me.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Move to Cali?...I would rather set my junk on fire and put out the flames with a hammer
It's not even a fun place to visit anymore

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
When I visit I feel as though I'm in a different country. Sad, a once great state.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is rather sad that I am trying to convince my wife to leave the U.S.A.altogether and move to Mexico,Tijuana to be exact.I am in a rather low income bracket and I was even on a Section 8 Housing list for over 8 years...My name finally came up and I did not even respond to their letter informing me that I had reached the top of the list...Heck...If I can convince her to move...We can always wait an hour and a half to cross the border to visit sunny San Diego...Where the sand is 14" deep...And the sun is blazing hot...hehehe...Now listen all you ladies...To what I have to say...Maybe one day I can convince her to move to TJ...Who knows???Maybe I can even do me a little TH'ing there in TJ...hahaha

Ed T:)lol

Have you been to Tijuana? it is not tourist friendly. It is a far cry from Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions