southern oregon black hole for gold

kitt

Sep 1, 2012
Brookings Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An acquaintance of mine did some panning along this river close to the oregon coast. They had a pretty good specimen bottle with at least 0.2 grams easy from panning. Wanting to do some panning and sluicing of my own I went straight to Google maps.
Quite a ways up the river I see this black hole where it turns from mid waist walking in the river to an oblivious hole.
Man I wish I could find out what's down there sitting on the bedrock of this hole.
I need to know!

ForumRunner_20140912_005825.png

Upvote 0

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Haha definatley not oregon cant fool the locals lol but good luck on the hunt

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Waiting for some one to take me lol :)
It took me probably five trips to find a good spot on the smith and have been working it most of the summer havent been though for a little over a month but i am going tomorrow! But if you want to use a pan i would suggest craigs beach on the south fork i have had decent results there panning while the family was swimming

OP
OP
K

kitt

Sep 1, 2012
Brookings Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pans and a sluice, I just hate going alone. I was reading the dot gov mineral reports. Aperently there are diamonds there

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Smith has oh...so much gold.
I have been around here ...since 1969.
Not here ..Treasurenet...but curry,and Del Norte .
The Sixes, is a got gold river also!

Last edited:

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I pans and a sluice, I just hate going alone. I was reading the dot gov mineral reports. Aperently there are diamonds there
Small hand tools and a pan iss all you're allowed to use in the smith but who wants to pan all day.... If you plan on sluicing i wouldnt go to craigs beach to many people. It wouldnt hurt to spend a few hours driving around scouting the different sections of the river before you plan a trip to prospect

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
image-1972265462.jpg

Not a very good picture but this is from the smith today from about six buckets of un classified material......and i smashed my vial on the ground and this is what i picked up so there was more. Im just glad it wasn't my seasons total vial lol. But anyways just thought id show you there is plenty of gold to be had here

M.E.G.

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just an added note for those thinking of working in a "Wild and Scenic" portion of the Rogue River:

There a short number of years back, for a few Spring through Fall months, even Winter days, you could find people working the "Wild and Scenic" with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and even 8" mineral exploration tools. For some thinking because they seen others were working a "Wild and Scenic" portion of the river, appearing to be unmolested by "LEOs", they could too, they found themselves being cited. When speaking to those cited, the conclusion reach was those studied up on, atleast, the Mining Law and Wild and Scenic Rivers Act, knowing their Rights, and those not. Almost without fail, my partner(s) and I's time working the "Wild and Scenic" would encounter atleast one interference in/with our work, someone testing of our knowledge. Sometimes they would come in pairs or more. As an added intimidation factor? It was never admitted to, but was the conclusion we all came to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread