KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well i guesss we still beating a dead horse, he doesnt want advise.... hell he already knows it all. why listen to me only been mining for the past 40 some years and hoser even longer than that... but we dont know squat.... good luck have fun with that pos nozzle and your 2 inch dredge.

over and out..................

you guys are being real nice to a new member

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
you guys are being real nice to a new member
good point. Have some decency people...the more you know, the more you owe...try paying it forward with a little respect and even kindness.

OP
OP
M

MrTim4Gold

Sep 9, 2014
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
this site is full of know it all's! But Im not one! Ive ran the guard on and off all summer..fact is I need a BIGGER Nozzle! haha No worries..even tho the admin here are strict Ill stick around to learn from the gold gods! Thanks for the input..just next time be a little less aggressive maybe?

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't stand to even watch as to see a dredge nozzle desecrated that way just makes me sick to my stomach :dontknow:

Haha after the reaming I got from ya for the same thing... I can see you now! NO no NO no Noooo! :BangHead: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow winter needs to be over already the fever is getting dangerous by the looks of this thread haha....sorry couldn't resist [emoji51]

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you've run both ways you know the equation. Thanks for the video and welcome to the forum.

I hope to have the chance to dredge soon.

specksandflecks

Nov 13, 2009
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice setup there. I have that same engine/pump combo and it works great and is very capable for being so small, light and easy on gas! Mine runs a 2.5" suction nozzle just fine and easily up to the task of supplying enough water for even a larger 'shovel in' highbanker.

If that is a Keene Highbanker you should see if the sluice is compatible with one of their dredge flares.

Here is a short video of my simple setup. Go Pro strapped to my head and those are great little cams, but trying to get things in frame is a bit of a guessing game for me.

I can't tell if you are using 1 hand to film, assuming you are then yeah, hate to say it but in that case, in that spot, you could be well better of with that reducer on there. Trying to film and mine at once is a bit of a chore. Now if you had both hands to mine with then yes without a doubt its holding you back.

You mention plug ups and yes we all get them on occasion. There are things you can do to help minimize them.

1. Keep the suction hose lift as low as possible. This will be harder to do with the highbanker combo units but every bit helps. I'm thinking mine in the video here could and should be even lower.

2. Try to keep the dredge hose as short and straight as you can. Long suction hose is somewhat a luxury at the cost of performance.
I am NOT suggesting to cut your dredge hose any shorter though. If you have 20' of suction hose keep it 20' and try to find another shorter section of hose 10-15'.

I think you would be very happy with the overall improvement a flare attachment would make. Though it would mean making changes to your sluice riffles to get the most from it. I must warn you once you start down this road the more success you have, the longer the road becomes.

Rock jams. Most of mine seem to happen in the nozzle itself. If you fit a valve where your pressure line connects to the nozzle you will find it a useful addition.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Advice, the wise don't need it and the fools won't heed it/

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions