I got a GoPro! First footage..

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Your welcome to follow me to a great creek here in southern ohio. If your interested send me a PM.
I too have a Gopro but am too stupid to load them to YouTube

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MrTim4Gold

Sep 9, 2014
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
headed to southern Ohio here on the 26th to Bills pure Gold..bunch of us from (deleted by mod) are going...were about in S Ohio are ya?

Last edited by a moderator:

Goldkid55

Sep 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my hero 3 plus back edition awsome 1440 vid quality.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't stand to even watch as to see a dredge nozzle desecrated that way just makes me sick to my stomach :dontknow:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
headed to southern Ohio here on the 26th to Bills pure Gold..bunch of us from goldprospectorsspace.com are going...were about in S Ohio are ya?

Tim we do not allow hot links to or the advertising of vendors that are not supporting vendors here. Same way with any kind of competing websites that match any of the forums found on TreasureNet..

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
what is that crap on the nozzle ? 2 1/2 inch dredge is now a 1 inch.... not a way to dredge. what propecting buddy gave you the bad advise.????

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What bill is trying to say is with that nozzle restriction your slowing down your dredging considerably and teaches you bad habits like jamming the nozzle down into the creek bed.
Your gold take will go up if you learn to dredge efficiently and correctly.
Take that nozzle restriction off and dredge. At first you'll get a lot of plug ups which can be frustrating but you'll learn what can and can't go up together and you'll process much larger amounts of material. Eventually if you practice like anything else you will get good at dredging and rarely have plug ups.

OP
OP
M

MrTim4Gold

Sep 9, 2014
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
haha, no worries, I understand people think having a guard is bad..but how often you run the full nozzle width with dirt anyway? restrictions no..unless you dredge with the nozzle burried at all times..a no no! The reason for my guard is 9x outta 10 I cant even see the nozzle under the water..I dont have a dive rig..so its just long arming..opinions are welcome..Ill still do it my way 8-)

OP
OP
M

MrTim4Gold

Sep 9, 2014
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tim we do not allow hot links to or the advertising of vendors that are not supporting vendors here. Same way with any kind of competing websites that match any of the forums found on TreasureNet..
I didn't hot link it, and they are not a vendor..need i say more?

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's not just running the full length of dirt in the nozzle but the time it takes removing rocks that don't fit in the nozzle.
The bigger the dredge nozzle the less time you have to spend removing rocks and the more time spent sucking up that sweet sweet paydirt.
A majority of the time I long arm it as well. In summer not too much rain the creeks don't move much or if I'm on clay the water muddies up quite bad to the point when I can't see as well. In spring and fall and winter the moving water makes dredging A lot easier but get used to dredging blind as around here it's a fact of life.
Again Tim I think the nozzle restriction is A hinderance more than a help.

I understand you have your own way and can respect that but try it both ways and see for yourself rather than blindly taking internet advice. I can appreciate that. A trick I use for "muck" dredging is to stick a finger or two ( depending on nozzle size ) into the dredge nozzle while you dredge. The finger limits rock size like a nozzle restriction but can be removed to allow bigger rocks up. You also get a great feel for exactly what's going up the nozzle. Obviously you have to wear good gloves but after doing this a while I can't imagine a nozzle restriction.
This is advice from someone that started with a 2 inch and graduated to a 2.5 to a 3 and run a few 4s

Anyways do whatever makes ya happy Tim but these are tried and true methods from great people like hoser with more experience then many of us put together.
If your dumb surround yourself with smart people. If your smart surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you.
Good Luck!

Last edited:

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
no air with a small dredge is no problem, a mask and snorkle would work great, then you can see what you are doing. you have your go pro underwater , should have your face there too. i worked a small dredge for 2 years with no air. just a mask and snorkle. even in water no deeper than a few inches. you can move a lot more dirt when you can see what you are doing.

bill/cr

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
A person could always build a standalone hoka setup for these smaller setups! I did and used it until I could afford a compressor for my dredges! what a difference adding air to any type of setup! even for just going under and looking around for snipping!

OP
OP
M

MrTim4Gold

Sep 9, 2014
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I fully understand, mine as well is a 2" and I was doing the fingers in the hole method at first..but still getting hose cloggs..I thought hard, decided to take the time and remove rocks by hand than rather beat on my hose for 5 min..shut down machine..loose material..sooo I weighed my options.. went with the nozzle guard...can run days without a clog..and I have a snorkel and mask now..but with slow water=leaches and no wet suit..ehhhh...lol..I am heading south this coming weekend..I promise I will get some footage of NO nozzle guard......when I can run with my face underwater I run it fine with NO guard with nadda problem..
I do see both sides of the fence..with the guard Im only causing more work for myself in moving rocks..they still dont go down my box because of the grizzle bars on the hibanker..anyway..just ranting now...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't hot link it, and they are not a vendor..need i say more?
I was referring to the spelled out address to the forum I just deleted.

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No nozzle guard is the tried and true method otherwise dredge companies would have installed them or have them for sale as an add-on.
It doesn't matter though cause at the end of the day do whatever makes you happy Tim as that's what it's really all about.
I personally would learn to dredge guardless and process Wayyyy more material but that's just my opinion

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What about putting a bar straight across the nozzle?
Still keeps big rocks from getting in but can put it flat into the overburden.

Also, what's the deal with those yellow Bullet guards?

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No guard, You bought a 2 inch so suck up everything smaller than 2 inches.
Even a bar across the nozzle limits material. Again you spend twice as long moving rocks by hand that won't suck up
Also why are you cramming it down flat into overburden? No wonder your clogging

The yellow bullet nozzle guard is because someone had an idea for making money. As long as people are willing to buy stupid crap there will be stupid products.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MrTim4Gold

Sep 9, 2014
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ive never heard so many people whine and complain than the admin and members of this site..no worries sick4gold..I understand your at least trying to be nice about it...but wow..Ill just continue to hog feed..check my losses (none) and be clog free...jesus...

Last edited:

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm just tryin to help ya Tim
I couldn't possibly care less what you do.
I didn't see where anyone was whining but if you don't want to take the advice then Dont take it but I didn't see a reason to gode people either.
People here may come off as helpful, dumb, rude, whiney, smart, but at the end of the day it's in the spirit of trying to help.
I've always shared my opinions and advice no matter what anyone else thinks. I've made a few ignore lists but you can count on me to always tell ya what I agree or don't agree with.
I have to say I think your taking the wrong approach here. If people like Hoser speak you listen and take notes! He's been mining and teaching and living it since we were sperms and before that.

I don't agree with all of the policies here on Tnet either but I suppose they are there for a reason. Some of the rules are BS but it's the best prospecting forum on the net by far so I think something they are doing is working. The Mods also are not here to be your buddy but instead enforce the rules which you agreed to. I find some of the mods quite helpful and good people.

Although the site or people may have rubbed you the wrong way I encourage you to stick around and take your lumps. I promise you'll be a better miner for it.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread