Any one have some good location ideas for prospecting in TN?

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know coker creek and tiger creek are good, but thats the extent of my knowlege in TN

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Welcome to Tennessee. Moved here from NH 3 years ago. I don't do any prospecting but wanted to say hello anyway. Seems like alot of folks over here in North East TN go over the mountains to NC to do their prospecting.

OP
OP
G

Goldkid55

Sep 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All right well means I will plan some trips!

slikriktn1

Aug 26, 2014
Nesbit,Ms
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Model 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Im about 20 munites outside the city of memphis and was wondering what are some good locations any where in TN or surrounding states. I used to live in MA where there was more up north but we just moved to the south.

I have been looking for some place close as well..."20 min outside of Memphis"...would that be north or south? I am in Nesbit,Ms. about 25 min south of Memphis...ever since my trip to Denver and Golden,Co. I have been fascinated by the methods and mysteries of getting gold..guess you could say I was bit by the gold bug in Colorado..Anyway I found out that there is a gold camp in Alabama(Alabama Gold Camp) about 4 hrs drive from me and I am looking in to going sometime in the near future..google them,they have camping and cabins as well as pads with electricity for campers.i don't know what kind of or how much gold you could find but it looks really interesting and they rent just about any equipment you would need as well.....

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been looking for some place close as well..."20 min outside of Memphis"...would that be north or south? I am in Nesbit,Ms. about 25 min south of Memphis...ever since my trip to Denver and Golden,Co. I have been fascinated by the methods and mysteries of getting gold..guess you could say I was bit by the gold bug in Colorado..Anyway I found out that there is a gold camp in Alabama(Alabama Gold Camp) about 4 hrs drive from me and I am looking in to going sometime in the near future..google them,they have camping and cabins as well as pads with electricity for campers.i don't know what kind of or how much gold you could find but it looks really interesting and they rent just about any equipment you would need as well.....

Memphis is nowhere near any gold veins, outside of Knoxville would be better even thought that's a bit of a drive

Gene Slater

Nov 12, 2012
Add me to the Memphis group looking for a close place...live in midtown. Ive heard conway ar and have heard a local creek is a glacial runoff creek. Im in for a road trip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions