OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now i got it.Google translated square tubing succesfully. And screened hydraulic riffles at the end.Cool and interesting.
Do you think i could run a few with a separate 4 inch hose? I,m only a bit daydreaming .Never saw them in action without waterflow in the box in the videos i found so far to help estimate pressure .They should be abel to run with same drop required to keep the main suction hose running.

emilio

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey luke,i know,i,m a bit lazy at the moment.Some pics from the previous 4 inch ,river/gravity sluice model i built in 2012 and modified a bit since then. This sluice lead to the 8 inch. 004.jpg

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
006.jpg the 4 inch diameter, 2.5mm(o.1 inch)wallthicknes polyurethane hose i use .You can see the piece of concrete there.These are parts from a bridge that came down in a major high water event in the sixties .Infact normally there would be no drop available there,but the bridge parts created a dam allowing me to dredge. papiphone 032.jpg

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
papiphone 034.jpg the site during higher water,,see my float there?

005.jpg My dad (class 37)on the way to check if rocks are clearing out

to be continued..emilio

Last edited:

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, that river is impressive! All the rocks are well-rounded. What kind of heavy minerals are you finding? -Luke

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this river has many faces,from almost dry to big highwater,and known for flash floods.I found a scientific report about its heavyes,from pure heavys samples less then 1mm grainsize(0.04inch) average was 64% magnetite,16%ilmenite,12%garnet,1..4%various magnetics like zircon and rutile and they mention a bit of native nickel and finally 0.8%GOLD:hello2:

emilio

Last edited:
OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
008.jpg sluice off the float,punch plate over 2 types of expanded alu over ribbed mat ,pushed down by 1 short riffle,followed by open area riffles over expanded metall on miners moss

001 (3).jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
002.jpg 009.jpg 010.jpg goldflake on top of concentrate,probably on top because had not much drop available in this spot,not much waterforce,some flakes did not go over the dips ,at the end of a dredging day i kick the hose all the way down to the sluice while water runs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in this july trip i got to know a local gold sluicer.He was working in the same area and after a few days of confidence building and after i showed him the pics of the 8 inch i was building ,he offered me a colaboration.I bring in the gear and he shows me some places upstream where the flakes are a bit bigger and more concentrated. holyday trip 011.jpg

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
also he had a interesting rubber carpet. holyday trip 016.jpg holyday trip 020.jpg holyday trip 019.jpg
For the september 8inch trip i placed the black ribbed side in the first section under the hungarians .
The green side was used in a clean up sluice he managed to build for that trip. I also would like to test the green side under a classifier in the 8 inch,to have a section less prone to loading up in heavy sands rivers.Concerning rubber mats,in dredge sluice i use them only under classifiers with less water speed.This mat coast about 10 dollars for a piece 28"broad and 20 "long.Unfortunately my minerbuddy said the vendor told him they stopped fabricating this carpet .So i bought 1 extra.

Last edited:

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
also he had a interesting rubber carpet. View attachment 1073742 View attachment 1073743 View attachment 1073744
For the september 8inch trip i placed the black ribbed side in the first section under the hungarians .
The green side was used in a clean up sluice he managed to build for that trip. I also would like to test the green side under a classifier in the 8 inch,to have a section less prone to loading up in heavy sands rivers.Concerning rubber mats,in dredge sluice i use them only under classifiers with less water speed.This mat coast about 10 dollars for a piece 28"broad and 20 "long.Unfortunately my minerbuddy said the vendor told him they stopped fabricating this carpet .So i bought 1 extra.

That is interesting looking rubber mat. Any idea who the manufacturer is ? Also a nice gold piece in the previous post. I hope the collaboration works out very well for both of you.

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi dave,thankyou,all the best for you too.I phoned with him just before writing this.He said he wants to buy another one too and he tells me the manufacturer after taking a look at the wrapping/packing.I think its a car mat but really seems they stopp fabricating this.I let you know

emilio

djpitr

Oct 18, 2012
S.C.
Detector(s) used
Gold bug 2 , XP Deus , ctx3030
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dam ..... I just read it all :) great work spaghettigold ;)

I love your dredge , your houses are the same thing im using in my work , for fuel vapors transfer , only 4" and 5" :)

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks djiptr,if you consider to build your own equipment.you should give it a try .Hoses are an expensive part of dredging gear You might get a used one from your company to test around a bit.A five inch is not bad to start with.As far as the polyurethane hoses concerns,i believe you have to look for ones that are "microbe resistent" so they wan`t rot away as time passes,especially if you store them without drying before.
It seems the wallthickness is what predicates the purpose of the hose.Around 1 to 1.5mm is for wood chippings ,pellets etc. 2mm up is good for gravel ,but more expensive and a bit heavyer.
For coast and weight i took the 1.5mm,if you dredge carefully,use a tip with a little restrictor ring it lasts a long time .Polyurethane is tuffstuff.I have problems puncture it with a screwdriver.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Foto0324.jpg Foto0323.jpg Foto0319.jpg

Hi all

re-opening my old thread so at the and it will be a complete journey thru the building process .

I,m in the process of floatframe built which i find a little difficult ,mostly because i don,t know how the sluice will sit in the water.and therefore i don.t know where to weld some frame stiffening bars from one float side to the other,without getting in the way of the adjustable parts.
The bars you see crossing over the sluice are only for sluice height adjustment and i think they will be shorter after knowing more precisly the adjustment range i need. in ideal case they should not be load bearing componenents.Many uknowns at the moment.

Cheers;Emilio

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread