How do you feed youre fever between prospecting trips

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Make a mortar and pestle out of black steel pipe (home depot has it) then grind/pound up fine cons and THEN reprocess...you'll likely find gold and that'll make it more fun for sure!

...oh, and I prospect year round, just gotta pick your decent weather days, break the ice away from your sluice spot and dress properly for conditions!

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im just curious of how some of you keep the fever down. I re-run cons but that gets old pretty fast and seems like lately my trips are down to maybe once a month my buddy has other obligations and i dont like going alone . So maybe i could get some ideas to keep me tamed lol

The weather 'round here is decent year round...don't stop!:laughing7:

OP
OP
yotaboy86

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The weather 'round here is decent year round...don't stop!:laughing7:
Oh the weather will never stop me just dont care for going alone and my prospecting partner has other things consuming his time...if i could i would go two or three times a week

OP
OP
yotaboy86

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Make a mortar and pestle out of black steel pipe (home depot has it) then grind/pound up fine cons and THEN reprocess...you'll likely find gold and that'll make it more fun for sure! ...oh, and I prospect year round, just gotta pick your decent weather days, break the ice away from your sluice spot and dress properly for conditions!
ill have to try that i was thinking earlier about trying the heat it up and put it in cold water trick

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh the weather will never stop me just dont care for going alone and my prospecting partner has other things consuming his time...if i could i would go two or three times a week
Yeh I here that. I really want to hit the sixes river, hour and a half away. There is gold there, claims everywhere but still open spots. I have been hitting tributaries of the Winchuck river, bedrock everywhere...I have been skunked. The Smith...oh man. Short season though salmon & steel head stop even the "hands and pans"

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like to read and study mining history. Or I'll scatter maps all over the place and start researching and planning future trips. Or pick out more areas to do claim research on. Or rerun cons. Or play with and clean my gold some more, Or modify and design equipment. Or Lurk on Tnet for awhile, lol! Or..... ah heck I never have enough time to do all the things related to mining I like as the fever never subsides only intensifies.

OP
OP
yotaboy86

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like to read and study mining history. Or I'll scatter maps all over the place and start researching and planning future trips. Or pick out more areas to do claim research on. Or rerun cons. Or play with and clean my gold some more, Or modify and design equipment. Or Lurk on Tnet for awhile, lol! Or..... ah heck I never have enough time to do all the things related to mining I like as the fever never subsides only intensifies.
yeah i hear you there just nothing i have done comes close to being at the river/creek catching that gold

OP
OP
yotaboy86

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeh I here that. I really want to hit the sixes river, hour and a half away. There is gold there, claims everywhere but still open spots. I have been hitting tributaries of the Winchuck river, bedrock everywhere...I have been skunked. The Smith...oh man. Short season though salmon & steel head stop even the "hands and pans"
im not sure when the season ends on the smith and havent done all that well on the river itself but have done decent on its tributaries do they close the same time as the river?

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'am not sure about that. National forest, or wild and scenic rules apply. There are guys here that know the rules though.

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prospect year round - but when the weather or personal obligations keep me from going... I stare at my vial of gold. Then work on building new pieces of equipment and/or improving existing ones. Stare at my vial more. Then research areas to prospect. Stare at the vial some more.. And then man up and deal with the weather

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Educate and prosper when too cold or wet to mine and you'll benefit greatly from the local yokel historical society and library. Many online sources of old newspapers are amazing sources also-John

OP
OP
yotaboy86

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I prospect year round - but when the weather or personal obligations keep me from going... I stare at my vial of gold. Then work on building new pieces of equipment and/or improving existing ones. Stare at my vial more. Then research areas to prospect. Stare at the vial some more.. And then man up and deal with the weather
i agree i couldn't count the hours i've spent staring into my vial lol

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Go to home depot get some bags of sand. See other thread in other post. The few specks you find. Will make you think your panning in New Hampshire. And it will take up a lot of time. The bags of sand in N.H come from Georgia or North Carolina.

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i agree i couldn't count the hours i've spent staring into my vial lol

Yea, i regularly get that "what is wrong with you?" look from the wife when I sit there staring at it, tipping it back and forth listening to my one "micro-nugget" clink back and forth...

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Run cons.
Anytime it's nice I'm dredging. I don't actually get my totals until freezing cold winter time

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
I keep my +100 until winter but I still get out. I sluice to prospect until dredging starts again. Videos help or hurt depending on how you look at it.

OP
OP
yotaboy86

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I keep my +100 until winter but I still get out. I sluice to prospect until dredging starts again. Videos help or hurt depending on how you look at it.
yeah i hear you there videos help until you get pumped on going and than cant lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread