Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Fowled...

Pretty much anything you do to be able to get to the gold can be put towards the assessment work. I know guys that even count what they spend on gas back and forth towards it. That may be fudging it a bit but you get the idea. Don't forget to "Pay" yourself a wage as well. I figure it based on what I was making as a tech/contractor. (Trust me... I DON'T work cheap!) Even something as simple as raking out a smooth spot to set up your tent(s) can be counted. It's also best to take before and after shots if possible just in case they question your report.

As to cutting roads and trails, that's going to depend on exactly where you're at. National Forest of pretty much a no go no matter how much you plead with them. BLM I'm sure is another matter all together. As I've not had to deal with them so far I won't comment on their requirements. I'd be interested in an answer to the BLMs requirements as I'm going ot have to start dealing with them soon.

OP
OP
fowledup

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pictures-dang good idea, keep an sd card as an on going record in the claim file, thank you

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Documentation is always mandatory as proving up can come at any time due to"Prudent Man Rule" when they want you out. Road classification has become their new tool to steal lands,my case right now,as they claim my road is undocumented but patented since 1856.....They,FS,say they just found it hahahaha idjets and claim it was not on any maps but I have dozens soooo just yet another lie on the pile. Classification is the key currently,see your county as they have the info--John

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
ROFLMAO!!! WHY am I NOT surprised that they could "forget" about your road John? Once again it sounds like a case of selective amnesia! As long as you've got proof that it was on a published map prior to 1976 don't ever back down from the idjits! Just because THEY can't find any documentation doesn't mean they have the right to close it/you down.

Fowled.... If you can get by without having to actually "cut" a road I'd do so. Knowing how most counties work, they'd require impact reports, engineers reports and everything else they can think of that's going to put it out of reach for you cost wise. Even if you could afford to do a proper road, they'll try to delay you as long as possible. Not knowing the area you're talking about makes it hard for me to picture what the minimum you can get by with is. If you can blaze a "Two-track" into the site it makes it hard for them to prove it wasn't already there.

OP
OP
fowledup

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Documentation is always mandatory as proving up can come at any time due to"Prudent Man Rule" when they want you out. Road classification has become their new tool to steal lands,my case right now,as they claim my road is undocumented but patented since 1856.....They,FS,say they just found it hahahaha idjets and claim it was not on any maps but I have dozens soooo just yet another lie on the pile. Classification is the key currently,see your county as they have the info--John
I had always thought that the Prudent man rule was more our friend as it was written so they couldnt use one miners efforts or success on a claim as a basis to invalidate anothers. Was the road on your claim drawn/shown on your original recording location map? If so I'd have it printed out the size of a roadside billboard and shipped certified mail to them

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not anymore as THEY hire the company to do the work and if they say you have a rich claim they get no more work. Seen it dozens of time in this stinking Trinity River Ruination program over the past 25 years. You,by law,have the right to be there during the exam but have 0 say so,as to who,what,where and how,so adios your claims. That which used to sustain us now condems us instead-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread