Prospecting
Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Short answer is NO....sorry. Road status may come into play if it is considered public you have access.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every state is different regarding private property rights.If SP owns the land ,then they are allowed to deny access ,unless otherwise stated in the title. In Kal, as far as I know. With liabiltiy and insurance. etc.,they are covering their backsides. G/L

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deeded access is needed for SP. They have REALLY started getting tougher up here in the north. The roads size and classification also comes into play but them suckers have deeeeep pockets if they decide to play hardball. Hope they don't fowl you up-John

OP
OP
fowledup

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They've been "fowling" me up for the last twenty years with their damn gates. Our community tried playing the game, we formed a road access committee to discuss and hopefully negotiate access or at the very least get keys for the local fire dept. We suggested a user key checkout program, or a double lock system for claim holders or hunters, nothing- best we got was "If your side of the mountain is burning we'll make sure the gate is open". The gate he is referring to is blocking a historical roadway, it was a wagon trail first that brought folks to the western side of the Sierra, then a stage coach, haul road, and a mail route thru the early 1900's. Sad part is I don't blame them for blocking the roads, I get it, there is a small percentage of the population who are POS's and can't help themselves from destroying what's not theirs. I got that, however, because of them the majority of the population is punished- the blanket spank. There are two beautiful claims in the bottom of that canyon, one of my partners grandpa raised his family off what he took out of there. Still good gold. We've been told they won't seek trespassing if they see us unless we are in or or on a motorized vehicle. We are welcome to hike or bike, gee thanks guys! 4 miles one way to the bottom. We tried the bike thing- once! I was going to join the POS's and dump the darn thing, won't be trying that again.

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
image_18148.jpg
Double click on above image to view full picture
slider_btn_zoom_out.gif

slider_btn_zoom_in.gif

Product Video
[h=1][/h]

OP
OP
fowledup

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep, always in the truck box and just like jumper cables your a friend indeed when someone's in need.

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just cut chain add your lock with the stencil calfire on it LOL. Calfire doesnt seem to pay any attention to private property rights anyway.

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just cut chain add your lock with the stencil calfire on it LOL. Calfire doesnt seem to pay any attention to private property rights anyway. Or the honda 90 dragging a broom to cover your tracks if they cant see tracks they are to f'n lazy to open gate and look for anyone.

scoy

Aug 25, 2014
Orange County, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What if a locked gate blocks access to my claim?

The owner of an unpatented mining claim cannot be denied access to his property by federal law. Generally, if a locked gate is preventing you from accessing your claim, the Forest Service (or appropriate agency) must provide you with a key.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOT IF PRIVATE PROPERTY OR WITHOUT A EASEMENT/ENCROACHMENT. SP,Sierra Pacific and SP ,Southern Pacific Railroad are private property owners and the road classification is the determining factor ALWAYS. Your trying to mix apples and oranges as public lands laws much different than private property law--John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread