Need someones expertise in some geology knowlege?

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where I'm located is in the oxford hills area of Maine and a guy I bump into every now and then I happen to see and was telling me about some excavation work he was doing at his home and about 50ft from his house he described to me what you would find maybe like in a ancient river bed, he said he dug down about 8' and discovered a 12" think gravel bed layer and had took some samples to see full of garnet and black sand but no gold yet but underneath the gravel is all clay blue at that which you never hear of up hear and would like someone's insight if potential gold could be lingering? also finding a lot of quartz as well, any help would be great!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like a mineral-rich area to me. I would suggest more digging!

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Momma gonna be mad, her house addition just got put on hold! Mine it man, mine it- you've slept in the dog hose before haven't ya?

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice indicators in black sand, garnet and blue clay however the proof is in the panning. Could be a hole to no where. Might be better if this person does some auger holes and checks the samples unless he wants to put in a root cellar *or bomb shelter ;)*

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hoping i'll catch up with him soon so he can take pics of the layers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread