fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is the s--t that drives me nuts! We are shutting down 10,000+ acres to mining for a toxic noxious WEED! I won't go into my thought process on that in itself. My observation and question is, the weed seems to be a fairly easy plant to identify, why not promote awareness instead (we all now know why, but for the sake of argument...)? Meaning if your mining and come across this plant DON'T DIG, move on. Just like Zebra Mussels, and Hydrilla in our lakes and reservoirs. Go to any boat launch ramp and their pictures are posted everywhere with a plea from the state to be on the look out and don't transport to other bodies of water- simple common sense, rather amazing considering the outfit in charge of the campaign. We as miners should sue them every time they do to us something contradictory from what they've done to the general public! At this rate humans will be extinct and the cockroaches will inherit the earth sooner then they think.

Last edited:

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Public Comments Comments must be received in writing no later than November 25, 2014 .
Comments should be mailed to: Field Manager, Katrina Symons, BLM Barstow Field Office, 2601 Barstow Road, Barstow, CA 92311; Alternatively, comments may also be submitted via email to [email protected].

Public Meetings and Hearings
Public meeting will be held at the BLM Barstow Field Office, Main Conference Room, on Tuesday, October 14, 2014, 6 - 8 p.m ., to present the project and gather comments on the project.

mu50stang

Mar 2, 2011
What has this country come to. The government is trying to protect a WEED. Lol. Insane.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Public Comments Comments must be received in writing no later than November 25, 2014 .
Comments should be mailed to: Field Manager, Katrina Symons, BLM Barstow Field Office, 2601 Barstow Road, Barstow, CA 92311; Alternatively, comments may also be submitted via email to [email protected].

Public Meetings and Hearings
Public meeting will be held at the BLM Barstow Field Office, Main Conference Room, on Tuesday, October 14, 2014, 6 - 8 p.m ., to present the project and gather comments on the project.

The problem with these comment periods and hearings is, as we learned from the frogs and toads is that by the time it gets to this point we are too late. They are merely checking off another box in the process. We need to get ahead of the process, if we are to be effective in stopping these actions. When we get back in the water this should be (imho) the direction for our legal focus. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying to ignore these hearings and such. We have to be involved at all levels, plus its great fun to see the deer in the headlight looks when they are confronted with intelligent common sense reasoning, little parasites damn near go into shock.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It will get to a point where everyone will mass at one site at one time, thousands of miners and the insanity will begin its decline, not yet but soon.

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is just another attempt at a land grab. .. reminds me of Bundy ranch. Trying to protect some tortoise and killed thousands of dollars worth of cows in a shootout.

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The problem with these comment periods and hearings is, as we learned from the frogs and toads is that by the time it gets to this point we are too late. They are merely checking off another box in the process. We need to get ahead of the process, if we are to be effective in stopping these actions. When we get back in the water this should be (imho) the direction for our legal focus. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying to ignore these hearings and such. We have to be involved at all levels, plus its great fun to see the deer in the headlight looks when they are confronted with intelligent common sense reasoning, little parasites damn near go into shock.

I suspect you are right.... But I suspect the majority of these people/clubs "Fighting the Good Fight" are only interested in Dredging as that is where they make their money.. Without Dredging I suspect a lot of clubs are losing business. The only fight now is the fight for "RECREATIONAL DREDGING" These clubs and such care do not about actual people who make a living by Prospecting/mining gold they only care about the Recreational aspect of mining because that is where they earn the majority of their money.

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good gold to all. I hope and fight for all of us to be in the water, in all ways, for a long time.

Mike

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Ain't no dredging in the desert MM, we must protect all types of minning, because if they get one phase, they will be coming for you. These types pick their battle in increments, until nothing is left. Stand and fight or perish.

I would suggest, http://westernminingalliance.org/ They are not a club but the largest organization of independant small miners. They are not a non profit, as this allows them to do some things politically that non profits cannot do. They are cycling most of their funds into the dredging cases, as those dominate the legal landscape. If you take away suction minning from small placer miners, most of their indiposalbe income is gone, and they can walk right over you. If the state is successful in Ca, then the rest of the west is doomed. We are already seeing this in Oregon, Washington and the EPA was emboldened in Idaho. Lose dredging, and then highbanking sluiceing, panning ect. It is 35 per year, or you can just lurk and read their newsletter every month. Don't mistake the fact that their is a faction in this state and at the federal level who will use every weapon to make sure that NO INDEPENDANT MINNING OF ANY TYPE SURVIVES. If we wish to start the journey, we must take the first steps. JMHO

Last edited:

57chevy

Oct 4, 2014
The West
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 D Looking to find enough to replace it.
Replaced it with a Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all know the Truth is its a giant LAND GRAB

The real irony here is that under international law one of the things a country MUST do is to formally and lawfully claim the metes and bounds of the country they claim to be in charge of.
Guess what the United States of America Inc. has never done?

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The real irony here is that under international law one of the things a country MUST do is to formally and lawfully claim the metes and bounds of the country they claim to be in charge of.
Guess what the United States of America Inc. has never done?

Not real sure what that has to do with gold prospecting 57chevy?

The United States of America has fully described their location and set boundary monuments on the ground. This was monumented and published in 1791. Not surprising that you missed it since it was nearly 200 years before you were born. :laughing7:

Last edited:

57chevy

Oct 4, 2014
The West
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 D Looking to find enough to replace it.
Replaced it with a Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not real sure what that has to do with gold prospecting 57chevy?

The United States of America has fully described their location and set boundary monuments on the ground. This was monumented and published in 1791. Not surprising that you missed it since it was nearly 200 years before you were born. :laughing7:

Those are for the District of Columbia. What about the rest of the country?

Last edited:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Those are for the District of Columbia. What about the rest of the country?

You asked about the United States. Those states united therein granted 10 square miles for the United States government district. It's all there in the Constitution for a United States Article I Section 8. You are correct it is known as the Federal District of Colombia. It is the granted area where the Congress can "exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever" (also in the Constitution of the United States Article I Section 8).

The States individually have their own metes and bounds descriptions duly published through their popular constitutions. In Arizona the metes and bounds is published as the first Article in the Constitution. In California you will find in in Article III. I haven't checked every state's constitution but of the dozens I've read the metes and bounds are one of the first Articles of which each state is constituted.

Here's Arizona's:

We the people of the State of Arizona, grateful to Almighty God for our liberties, do
ordain this Constitution.

ARTICLE I. STATE BOUNDARIES

1. Designation of boundaries
The boundaries of the State of Arizona shall be as follows, namely: Beginning at a
point on the Colorado River twenty English miles below the junction of the Gila and
Colorado Rivers, as fixed by the Gadsden Treaty between the United States and Mexico,
being in latitude thirty-two degrees, twenty-nine minutes, forty-four and forty-five one-
hundredths seconds north and longitude one hundred fourteen degrees, forty-eight
minutes, forty-four and fifty-three one -hundredths seconds west of Greenwich; thence
along and with the international boundary line between the United States and Mexico in a
southeastern direction to Monument Number 127 on said boundary line in latitude thirty-
one degrees, twenty minutes north; thence east along and with said parallel of latitude,
continuing on said boundary line to an intersection with the meridian of longitude one
hundred nine degrees, two minutes, fifty-nine and twenty-five one-hundredths seconds
west, being identical with the southwestern corner of New Mexico; thence north along
and with said meridian of longitude and the west boundary of New Mexico to an
intersection with the parallel of latitude thirty-seven degrees north, being the common
corner of Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico; thence west along and with said
parallel of latitude and the south boundary of Utah to an intersection with the meridian of
longitude one hundred fourteen degrees, two minutes, fifty-nine and twenty-five one-
hundredths seconds west, being on the east boundary line of the State of Nevada; thence
south along and with said meridian of longitude and the east boundary of said State of
Nevada, to the center of the Colorado River; thence down the mid-channel of said
Colorado River in a southern direction along and with the east boundaries of Nevada,
California, and the Mexican Territory of Lower California, successively, to the place of
beginning.

Hope that helps you find some gold. :3barsgold:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread