goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh trust me that I'll give everyone the heads up man! It's being developed by another member on here and he will let everyone know when it's open to the public. Now... When it does open up, be sure to spread the word to your mining, off-roading, hunting friends that are not on TreasureNet for whatever reason. This site will have info for EVERYONE that uses public lands for any reason.

My favorite feature on the site by far is the automatic BLM record look up!!!! I don't know how many times I've had a search on the BLM LR2000 site get messed up because of a simple typo. This eliminates that problem! To be honest it's usually caused by my fingers typing faster than my mind can follow....

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best method to prevent claim jumping is a large bore scoped rifle.

Mike

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The best method to prevent claim jumping is a large bore scoped rifle.

Mike

You must have worked for AT&T in the past Mike. "Long distance is the next best thing to being there!" My choice would be something in the .460 Mag range.

Actually GS was trying to make sure that HE didn't accidently jump someone elses claim. Anyone that is serious about doing this right HAS to do their "Due Dilligence".

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The claim owner who wished to have his claim respected will mark it clearly and not rely on hopeful prospectors to spend hours at the courthouse researching claim files and maps.
You are required to mark your corners and discovery clearly in order to file a claim. I personally do that and I additionally nail a sign to a tree now and then along the boundries and at common access points to the water. With this I feel I have done due diligence and anyone jumping is doing so intentionally or out of complete ignorance to the laws.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A buddy of mine had the same problem with degenerates stealing his claim posts and came up with an "innovative idea" which seems to discourage theft. He mounts a toilet roll holder to every 4x4 and craps around the rocks supporting it upright......Foul but apparently effective.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A buddy of mine had the same problem with degenerates stealing his claim posts and came up with an "innovative idea" which seems to discourage theft. He mounts a toilet roll holder to every 4x4 and craps around the rocks supporting it upright......Foul but apparently effective.
love it!

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Well, that is certainly ....uh...innovative. :icon_scratch:
I think I will continue to bring a ladder and just mount them out of easy reach

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
A very goodfriend of mines claim signs have been shot up with all sorts of caliber bullits . he has since replaced all of the signs. so even if they are up out of reach , they aren't!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must have worked for AT&T in the past Mike. "Long distance is the next best thing to being there!" My choice would be something in the .460 Mag range.

Actually GS was trying to make sure that HE didn't accidently jump someone elses claim. Anyone that is serious about doing this right HAS to do their "Due Dilligence".

I know. ...... and it was Bell Telephone

Mike

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok Guys.... here's the latest info on that new site I was telling you about....

First off it's being done up by none other than our own Clay Diggens! Those of you that know of him know that he's a walking encyclopedia of mining info as well as the creator of the FootPrints mapping system. Those of you that have used the FootPrints system know how good it is. The map section is set up much like he set up FootPrints so it's very easy to use.

Secondly, I received an email from Clay saying that he's going to be taking the new site public sometime this evening. I don't know how many of you know how much work goes into working up a site like this one but trust me when I say it's a LOT!!!! I write code for web pages quite often and this makes most of what I've done look like nothing! As extensive as this site is, I really hope that all of you can appreciate how hard he's worked to get it up and running. It has been tested on many different browsers and getting it to work well with all of them has taken a lot of code writing. I suggest that you make sure you've got the most current browser possible to be able to access all of the features.

I've been told that what will be available at the start is just the tip of the iceberg and that there is going to be constant updates to the site on a regular basis. Clay is also including a comments section so everyone can let him know what they'd like to see included in the site as well as to report any problems so they can be fixed. Clay has put out a lot of his own cash on this project and once you see it I'm sure you'll agree that it is well worth our support.

So keep your eyes open for a new post from Clay here on T-Net for the details on the new site. I have no doubt that everyone here as well as other outdoors people will find it to be their main "Go-To" site for information on all things having to do with the use of public lands.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok Guys.... here's the latest info on that new site I was telling you about.... First off it's being done up by none other than our own Clay Diggens! Those of you that know of him know that he's a walking encyclopedia of mining info as well as the creator of the FootPrints mapping system. Those of you that have used the FootPrints system know how good it is. The map section is set up much like he set up FootPrints so it's very easy to use. Secondly, I received an email from Clay saying that he's going to be taking the new site public sometime this evening. I don't know how many of you know how much work goes into working up a site like this one but trust me when I say it's a LOT!!!! I write code for web pages quite often and this makes most of what I've done look like nothing! As extensive as this site is, I really hope that all of you can appreciate how hard he's worked to get it up and running. It has been tested on many different browsers and getting it to work well with all of them has taken a lot of code writing. I suggest that you make sure you've got the most current browser possible to be able to access all of the features. I've been told that what will be available at the start is just the tip of the iceberg and that there is going to be constant updates to the site on a regular basis. Clay is also including a comments section so everyone can let him know what they'd like to see included in the site as well as to report any problems so they can be fixed. Clay has put out a lot of his own cash on this project and once you see it I'm sure you'll agree that it is well worth our support. So keep your eyes open for a new post from Clay here on T-Net for the details on the new site. I have no doubt that everyone here as well as other outdoors people will find it to be their main "Go-To" site for information on all things having to do with the use of public lands.

Sounds great to say the least! Much coding goes into a behemouth project like that.. I cant wait to see the site ready for us all!! :)

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey GI,

What is the URL for Clay's Website? As much work I know that it is (I write code as well), I hope he sets it up as a pay service. For something like that, I doubt any serious prospector would have a problem with a fee. Just the Mooches.

Mike

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No charge Gollum. It's past time for public information to be freely available to the public. We don't believe anyone should have to jump through hoops to get little unintelligible bits of the story. I think we can keep our own history and knowledge available for our own uses.

We'll see if other prospectors feel the same way. I'm thinking they will. :hello:

I've made an introductory post on this forum. Prospectors Research Tools. You can take a look around from there.

Heavy Pans

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
LOl Barry!!!! Ya beat me to the draw here man!

I agree 1,000% with Clay/Barry on this one guys. Public information should NOT have to be paid for!!! After helping to beta test the site, I can tell all of you that the automatic link to the LR2000 info pages alone makes the site worth checking out. How many time have you tried to look something up on that page only to have your search rejected by a typo? I have plenty of times and now this will solve that problem for everyone! Can't get to the BLM office or County Registrars office that covers the area you're interested in? Now you don't have to go there at all!

Barry and his team have done a fantastic job of making this site user friendly. All are to be commended for a job well done! Http://mylandmatters.org For the best source of online land info I've found

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No charge Gollum. It's past time for public information to be freely available to the public. We don't believe anyone should have to jump through hoops to get little unintelligible bits of the story. I think we can keep our own history and knowledge available for our own uses. We'll see if other prospectors feel the same way. I'm thinking they will. :hello: I've made an introductory post on this forum. Prospectors Research Tools. You can take a look around from there. Heavy Pans

I just signed up for the newsletter and encourage everyone to do that so Barry can see we are getting connected to his great work! Donation to follow...

Clay, I tried the site via my iPad and found the search box doesn't work (I get an Ajax error). I'm betting that's just a tablet issue (joys of iOS).

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the heads up Kevin. :thumbsup:

I can't seem to reproduce that error? We tested iOS up to version 5.1.1 which is about as recent a system as we can run on our old test iPad. The site runs fine on that iPad - I just checked again. We also run an emulator that says everything should work through iOS 7. We don't have any way to test on iOS8.

I doubt there was actually an AJAX error on the server side or I would see it in my server logs. I'm thinking maybe the iOS you are running has limited javascript support?

We don't have an android device but our testers say it works fine for them. There are so many different versions of the tablet operating systems that I'm not sure we will ever know if all of them work.

If you know which iOS you are running PM me with the version if you don't mind. I'll look through my logs again and see if there is anything we can do from here to make the search work with your iPad Kevin.

Heavy Pans

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread