Looking for some locations closer to Birmingham alabama

OP
OP
howells320

howells320

Mar 27, 2013
Thanks i have been to a few places in Talladega national forest its just about a 3-4 hour dive to get out there. I was trying to find some places closer to the house. I have had some people say that Leeds alabama has some but i haven't had any luck out there

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks i have been to a few places in Talladega national forest its just about a 3-4 hour dive to get out there. I was trying to find some places closer to the house. I have had some people say that Leeds alabama has some but i haven't had any luck out there

When I lived in Birmingham, I went over near Oxford, Heflin, Lineville, sort of in a triangle area. I have not lived there for decades, so I am not sure what to tell you, because anything I know is dated. There is an Alabama gold place now near Lineville; see link below. There was a guy in Hoover that was the president of an Alabama gold club but that has been so long ago, even if I could remember the guy's name, I suspect he may have passed on by now. I had maps with gold on it all the way down to nearly Montgomery.

Alabama Gold Camp - Home

HTH some

OP
OP
howells320

howells320

Mar 27, 2013
I was thinking of joining a club but between 60 hour work weeks and my family i only get out a few times a year to get out. Ive been wanting to get down to the AGC just haven't had time to plan a trip. I live in Trussville and have hit up a few streams around here. I have founda few colors up in north Oneonta.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread