Martin Prospecting Fine Gold Recovery Water Clean Up Table 400 mesh Gold 110

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is a Miller table and you can make one yourself for not a great deal of money. They work very well for separating out gold from black sand, etc. See AzViper's post on how to make one with Easy Liner shelf liner. It will have all the details.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Gee-These videos bring back memories of the gold demonstrators at gold shows.
Concentrate without black sand with mainly coarse gold- Got to find one of their
locations to sluice. LOL:laughing7:

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
You're right George. They are always using light sands during their domo's and normally are using gold that's already caught instead of raw material. With the material I see in their domo I could clean up in a pan quicker.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
https://www.google.com/search?q=cutting+mat+miller+table

I've found a couple serving trays that might work, but what I need is a crashbox idea to smooth the water coming out of the pump before hitting the table.

Smooth the water with washing scour pads (without any other surface on them). You can buy 3M blue one in the dollars stores for, well, a dollar. They are about a 1/2 " thick, and have the water flow through them on the way to the gold on your Miller Table.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't have one but what would be wrong with incorporating a reservoir (basin extending below table level) and the static surface being level to the head of the table and let it fill and overflow water down the table? The basin should probably be capable of containing several times the flow amount. The table needs to be level side to side anyway when it's in operation and water is self leveling so the overflow should be even and smooth all the way across. I would fill the reservoir deep below the surface to avoid any bubbling and bluges. Am I wrong?

Last edited:

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always wondered if I was the only person that noticed every demo of a water table the "concentrates" dont look very concentrated. Every time I come home with cons, they are black as night and once you add water, it almost turns into a putty. I would like to get one of these tables but wont until I see someone with some real black sand running over it.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've always wondered if I was the only person that noticed every demo of a water table the "concentrates" dont look very concentrated. Every time I come home with cons, they are black as night and once you add water, it almost turns into a putty. I would like to get one of these tables but wont until I see someone with some real black sand running over it.

Here you go. I ran nothing but black sand so that you can see the black sand moves away and down the table... Sure my demos I added gold cause I did not have any raw dirty at the time. My concern was how well the heavy gold would stick in my videos. As I wanted a table I could dump from my pan to get the bigger gold first then keep the small fine gold in the con for rainy days to run. Say what you want but the tables work.

Last edited:

Jimmydolittle

Mar 14, 2013
Hendricksville Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Keith has built an excellent table here for recovering fine gold, I haven't any equipment for making my own. You might also look at the Black Magic table, it only cost about $130.00. Reed Lukens (not sure of the spelling) has video on here from the past showing it running. I have one, and can say, it works extremely well.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is Reeds video. If you do not have the skills, tools, or the time to build my table then by all means look at buying the Black Magic as it does the same thing. The Martin is way OVER PRICED. Granted the Black Magic does not have the vial mounted into the bottom of the table, but that can be easily done using a Step Drill Bit.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is Reeds video. If you do not have the skills, tools, or the time to build my table then by all means look at buying the Black Magic as it does the same thing. The Martin is way OVER PRICED. Granted the Black Magic does not have the vial mounted into the bottom of the table, but that can be easily done using a Step Drill Bit.

It sure can, huh Keith.
009.JPG

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the table I built from 1/4" acrylic and a cutting mat. The dam is adjustable for both height and tilt. The table is 10 x 17". Pump is a 180 GPH 120V fountain pump. I also used 3/4" thick dehumidifier belt to help smooth the water and catch bubbles behind the dam. Also added a brush holder at the top. I since added a second LED light. Both run at 6500K (sunlight) and really make the gold pop. I may add a vibrator system, but tapping on the support with the back of the brush works too. I did rough the mat a little with 400 grit.

IMG_2810.JPG

If I build another one I'll use 1/2" acrylic sides and dado the mat into the sides and back. That should stop the hogging of the mat from water going underneath. Had to add extra screws at the back to hold it down.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
if you build another Miller table and use the same mat , try it without scuffing the mat and compare it to your current tables results (compared to the slate paint or matting)to see if the scuffing is really needed! your table looks well built . I used slate (because I had some)on my table and I really like its results. one thing I do to my table prior to use is wash the slate off of any left over residue from the privious run .

Last edited:

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The scuffing helps add a little texture which helps hold those flyers. Plus the mat seemed a bit oily when I first got it, and nothing seemed to want to stick very well. The gold sticks real hard (usually) and is hard to brush into the hole. It likes to go underneath the nylon bristles of the brushes I use. Along with gold, copper sticks pretty well. (hit a bunch of bright copper flakes and short wires on one beach)

The scuffing is kinda like seasoning a new pan.

I do have one little flake that drives me nuts on this table. This piece likes to catch and then fly off the table every time I get a brush near it. Looks like a crumpled flake of gold leaf at 20X. Wire gold is also a mover on this table. Have to pan those out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread