Platinum and Black Sand

57chevy

Oct 4, 2014
The West
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 D Looking to find enough to replace it.
Replaced it with a Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any small scale refiners that would be interested in about 2 lbs. of black sand with PGM's in it? I have tried to find one with no luck so far. I do not know the percentages, but here is the geologists report.
"At 60 power I see a sample from No Calif you will see y-o round crystals Diamonds, Bright silver color Pt, dull wight silver most pitted Os, gold -bl Os-Ir, White -clear SiO2, Brown Fe or garnets I see no Au
enough of this ore could be of great value webb "
There isn't enough material to invest in equipment to process it myself, I just wish to refine it.Besides, processing PGM's can be very hazardous to your health. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You. :goldpan:

Upvote 0
OP
OP

57chevy

Oct 4, 2014
The West
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You

Thanks Kevin. I have contacted them and they said they don't do black sand.

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The amount you have is way to small for the existing labs to care.

We have mailed samples around the country to all of them and truthfully most can not do platinum or platinum group metals

Since we have tons to process we have taken 2 years to learn how to do it and are in the process of completing our set up and tests.
Once set up there will be a processing center in WA state and in Kalif were you can send the smaller samples to be processed into metal. Then most labs will take the pgms
and process them.

hope this helps

OP
OP

57chevy

Oct 4, 2014
The West
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You. Let me know when you are ready to go. I was going to do it myself, but really have no place to do it safely. Option two was to try and recover more from the same area and then have that processed. That may still be an option along with yours.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread