Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Like Tree1778Likes

Thread: Prospectors Research Tools

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    This isn't a hobby! It's hard work!

Feb 2013
    Golden Valley Arid-Zona
    Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
    6154 times
    Prospecting/Mining and protecting our rights to do so.
    Clay and the rest of the team have put a lot of thought and effort into the site and it really shows. As they keep bringing new features online it will only get better and better. It is already at a point where anyone that is serious about mining and prospecting pretty much has everything they need to do some serious research. Between the claims maps with all their layers and the geology maps, you can be well ahead of the curve when compared to those trying to do things the old school way.

I vote that for Christmas we get Clay and the rest of the team clones! That way they can take a break and get out and enjoy life from time to time.
    http://www.mylandmatters.org/
    The one stop place for mining matters on public lands!

"Those that make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" John F. Kennedy

When I joined the Army I took an oath to protect this country from enemies both foreign and domestic. To the best of my knowledge I've never been relieved of that oath and will continue to follow it to the best of my ability.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10161 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenIrishman View Post
    I vote that for Christmas we get Clay and the rest of the team clones! That way they can take a break and get out and enjoy life from time to time.
    How did you know what I asked Santa for?

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10161 times
    Prospecting

Check Idaho Mining Claims Map now available

By request* the Idaho Mining Claims Map is now available.

Idaho currently has:
    18,983 -Lode Claims
    2,191 -Placer Claims
    436 -Millsite Claims
    16.... -Tunnel Site Claims
    21,626 Claims Total

There have been so many requests lately for Idaho we've made this an Idaho weekend. Be sure to check out the new Idaho Geology while you are looking at those claims maps.

Heavy Pans

*I know that Idaho doesn't have a very big population so either they have a lot of miners needing stuff put up on Land Matters or there is some Chicago style voting going on.

Either way I hope this helps the folks in Idaho find some good gold, gems and minerals!
    Last edited by Clay Diggins; Dec 14, 2014 at 08:45 PM.
    BurntBear likes this.

us

Feb 2013
    Golden Valley Arid-Zona
    6154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Diggins View Post
    How did you know what I asked Santa for?
    Come on Clay! How many time do I have to tell you I'm psycho? ... errr I mean psychic

"Those that make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" John F. Kennedy

When I joined the Army I took an oath to protect this country from enemies both foreign and domestic. To the best of my knowledge I've never been relieved of that oath and will continue to follow it to the best of my ability.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10161 times
    Prospecting
    Come on Clay! How many time do I have to tell you I'm psycho? ... errr I mean psychic
    I don't recall you ever telling me about your mental illness ... errr mental abilities. Must have been the voices in your head talking.

I'm waiting and watching for the arrival of the Christmas clones. I'm unsure whether it will be creepy or erotic or ...? this is all new to me. I'm having second thoughts.

Enjoy your holidays Jeff!

Heavy Pans

Barry
    goldenIrishman and BurntBear like this.

us
    FIRE...Financially Independent Retired Early. Poor but free!

Feb 2013
    Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
    Teknetics Alpha 2000
    4091 times
    Prospecting
    Just finished up the prototypes.

Name:  clones.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  10.2 KB
    We don't fight for gain. We fight for what is rightfully ours.

Just another supporter of Land Matters http://www.mylandmatters.org/ The one stop place for mining matters on public lands!

CA prospectors check here http://www.mylandmatters.org/Donate/Gift1.html

A recent study found that there are just too many studies being done.

us
    Prospector-Miner-Collector

Jul 2014
    N.E. Tennessee
    Shovels....lots of shovels!
    1280 times
    Minerals,Gemstones,Opals,Fossils & more!
    Ok, so I waited as long as I could before checking out the rock samples layer because I was afraid of what it would do to me, lol.

This new feature could possibly be one of the greatest prospecting tools to-date for mineral and gemstone hunters. It just opened a new world of ideas for me. Mindat has locality features; but it's not mapped like this is. I'm just enthralled.
    Clay Diggins likes this.

Fine Minerals & Gemstones from the Appalachians

- My Land Matters -
    Advanced Prospecting Tools

In memory of our Brother "EagleDown" 1937-2014

Bedrock and Gold: The mysteries . . .

us

Feb 2013
    Golden Valley Arid-Zona
    6154 times
    OH MY!!!! He mentioned that OTHER site!!!! LOL Don't get me wrong, they've got a ton of good data there but they really need to get it all into a more useable form.

PUBLIC WARNING: Combining a severe case of "Gold Fever" with the contents of My Land Matters may lead to an increase of knowledge at an advanced rate. This has been proven to increase the amount of gold you find which in turn increases the severity of your Gold Fever. Our prescription... Find two (or more) nuggets and post pictures of them in the morning. END OF PUBLIC WARNING
    BurntBear and KevinInColorado like this.

Nov 2013
    Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a Number 2 Shovel baby!
    1254 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Diggins View Post
    I've been so busy I forgot to put these new changes up.

The Colorado Geology Map has two new layers Faults and Dikes.

More good geology information coming soon.

Enjoy Colorado!

Heavy Pans
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6c0.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	596.3 KB 
ID:	1092956
    Welly well well well old droogies.
    Now I see why I got skunked last weekend. Dune sand and silt. Will use map next time to pick a prospecting spot for sure!
    Last edited by Prospector70; Dec 16, 2014 at 10:35 AM.

us
    Mar 2014
    Lincolnton North Carolina
    30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box. Various Gold Pans
    1303 times
    Prospecting
    I think ive mentioned it before but cant remember where. If you find maps from different years of the same area, i like to print my maps out on Transparency paper. its what the teachers used to use for over head projectors. Then i layer them on top of one another from oldest to newest to see the changes in topography over the years. it can help you find those in-between places of a river, creek, stream, or even show landslides.
    BurntBear likes this.
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.” -Aristotle

"Show me a man who resorts to violence, and I'll show you a man who has run out of good ideas." My Father, Robert Akers

us
    Prospector-Miner-Collector

Jul 2014
    N.E. Tennessee
    Shovels....lots of shovels!
    1280 times
    Minerals,Gemstones,Opals,Fossils & more!
    OH MY!!!! He mentioned that OTHER site!!!! LOL Don't get me wrong, they've got a ton of good data there but they really need to get it all into a more useable form.

PUBLIC WARNING: Combining a severe case of "Gold Fever" with the contents of My Land Matters may lead to an increase of knowledge at an advanced rate. This has been proven to increase the amount of gold you find which in turn increases the severity of your Gold Fever. Our prescription... Find two (or more) nuggets and post pictures of them in the morning. END OF PUBLIC WARNING
    Indeed, their usability is pretty much non-existent. This, is just awesome in every aspect!

Duckwalk, that is a great idea! I may need to consider that in the future for particular areas. -Luke

Fine Minerals & Gemstones from the Appalachians

- My Land Matters -
    Advanced Prospecting Tools

In memory of our Brother "EagleDown" 1937-2014

Bedrock and Gold: The mysteries . . .

us

Feb 2013
    Golden Valley Arid-Zona
    6154 times
    Those transparency sheets are great! Not only can you print and then stack them like Ducky said, but once you've found an area you can mark it on the transparency sheet instead of the map. That way if someone doesn't know exactly which map it goes with and how it lines up, they'll never be able to find your "secret" spot! Plus you're not messing your good maps up by writing on them. If you need larger pieces of the clear stuff, many art supply stores carry it in different sizes including full map size. Get the kind that is meant to be written on. It will feel rough on one side and smooth on the other.

Ducky... The USGS map site has some maps that you might be interested in as they go way back. Best part about them is that they're free to download. If you need help with their site just let me know.
    Duckwalk likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10161 times
    Prospecting

Check

All the Land Matters Mining Claims Maps have been updated in the last 5 days. Most of them just yesterday.

Much more coming soon!

Heavy Pans

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10161 times
    Prospecting

Check South Dakota Claims Map

By request the South Dakota claims map is now available.

Much more coming soon!

Heavy Pans

Nov 2013
    Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a Number 2 Shovel baby!
    1254 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Why in the name of baby Jesus isn't this thread a sticky yet?
    Great work guys!

Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links