Prospectors Research Tools - Page 22
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Like Tree1789Likes

Thread: Prospectors Research Tools

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10273 times
    Prospecting

Check Texas Geology!

The Land Matters Texas Geology base maps are ready to use.

You can query the Geology layer with the " i " tool to get pages of geology information about where you clicked. I've included a separate Faults layer too.

Texas has some cool geology to check out. Not so big on the mountains there but there are some interesting rock and fault formations.

This is the first big map in my current efforts to make a higher level geology map for every state.

Many more states coming very soon!

Heavy Pans
    Bejay and BurntBear like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10273 times
    Prospecting

Check New York State Geology!

I told you there would be more soon.

The Land Matters New York State Geology Map is now available.

And many more to come soon!

Heavy Pans

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10273 times
    Prospecting

Check Forest Service Topo Maps!

A lot of people don't know about it but the Forest Service makes their own Topo maps that cover the National Forests and Purchase Units. There are 10,379 of these Forest Service Topo maps that cover virtually all the Forest Service managed lands.

We've now managed to put them on the Land Matters Topo Search Map along with all the USGS Current and Historical Topo Maps.

These Forest Service Topo maps are available for full resolution download as either a Geo PDF, like the USGS topos, or as a GEOTiff with a world file for all those technical mappers out there.

Forest Service Topos don't have near the features or details that the better USGS topos have but they do have different features related to each Forest. It's a good idea to download these along with the USGS topos for any area you are researching. When you are studying an area you want all the information you can get before you put boots on the ground.

This brings our downloadable Topo map collection count to more than 275,000 topo maps. Each and every one of these maps can be downloaded with just two clicks on the Topo Search Map!

At this point we believe we have more Topo maps available for download than any other site on the web but we aren't done yet - we've got thousands more to add soon.

Keep an eye on this thread, I have a bunch more State Geology maps coming very soon too.

Heavy Pans

us
    Oct 2008
    Fort Dick, Ca.
    984 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Fantastic Barry. I'm familiar with these maps. I believe they are the same foundation upon which they produce their in house road maps. These road maps show all roads on the forest, closed and open. The ones I have are broken down into the various districts of particular National Forests.

All the best,
    Mike
    BurntBear and Clay Diggins like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10273 times
    Prospecting

Check Tennessee Waterfalls!

This is a fun map I've been working on. It's just in it's "what if?" phase but I think you'll like it.

The blue dots represent Tennessee Waterfalls. If you click on a dot while in the information " i " mode you will get a window that names the waterfall and gives the height. There is a LINK included that takes you to more information about that waterfall including a picture, coordinates and a link to download a waypoint for your GPS unit.

Tennessee is famous for their beautiful eastern mountain country and waterfalls are a nice part of that beauty. Now you can navigate to each waterfall and see a picture before you visit.

This is just a sample map. We can add more for other States if you think it's a good idea so your feedback would be appreciated. I'd love to make more of these kinds of maps.

You can try out the new Waterfall mapping on the Tennessee Geology Map.

That links right to the Tennessee map thanks to the generous support of our own BurntBear. Click the link at the top of the map, while you are there, and send a thank you to BurntBear for supporting Land Matters.

I've got several new geology maps just about ready. If your State is missing from the Geology Map list there's a good chance you will see it very soon.

Heavy Pans
    Last edited by Clay Diggins; Mar 13, 2015 at 07:21 PM.
    BurntBear, smiked and Bejay like this.

us
    This isn't a hobby! It's hard work!

Feb 2013
    Golden Valley Arid-Zona
    Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
    6155 times
    Prospecting/Mining and protecting our rights to do so.
    Hey Clay,

Before I head out Sunday to start my big adventure, I wanted to thank you and the rest of the land matters team for all that you've done for not only myself but everyone else. Without the resources you've made available to all of us, I'd have been hard pressed to be as far along as I am. So thank you all and please keep up the great work!!!
    BurntBear, Clay Diggins and Bejay like this.

us
    Prospector-Miner-Collector

Jul 2014
    N.E. Tennessee
    Shovels....lots of shovels!
    1280 times
    Minerals,Gemstones,Opals,Fossils & more!
    Thank YOU for everything!

Caution:

Use of LandMatters maps can cause bewildered looks of astonishment from other prospectors...

Name:  14_Carrot_Rabbit_screenshot.png
Views: 192
Size:  101.4 KB

Fine Minerals & Gemstones from the Appalachians

- My Land Matters -
    Advanced Prospecting Tools

In memory of our Brother "EagleDown" 1937-2014

Bedrock and Gold: The mysteries . . .

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10273 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenIrishman View Post
    Hey Clay,

Before I head out Sunday to start my big adventure, I wanted to thank you and the rest of the land matters team for all that you've done for not only myself but everyone else. Without the resources you've made available to all of us, I'd have been hard pressed to be as far along as I am. So thank you all and please keep up the great work!!!
    You are welcome Jeff. We are wishing you well on your new adventure, go get some gold, our thoughts are with you.

We're going to miss your feedback and support. You've been an asset to the Land Matters team since the beginning. I hope you can catch a connection once in a while and keep us updated on your new life.

Heavy Pans and Happy Trails

Barry
    Bejay likes this.

us
    This isn't a hobby! It's hard work!

Feb 2013
    Golden Valley Arid-Zona
    Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
    6155 times
    Prospecting/Mining and protecting our rights to do so.
    LOL. You don't really think you're getting rid of me that easy do you? I upgraded to a smart phone and will be able to access the web with it. Just keeping my fingers crossed that I can get signal in that area.
    BurntBear and Clay Diggins like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10273 times
    Prospecting

Check Historical Coastal Survey Topos!

Yep we've just added another 7,776 new Topo maps. That brings the total of Topo Maps to 283,642!

These are the Historical Coastal Surveys. As the name suggests these are old topo maps made of the coastal area.

Although these are only useful in a few areas for gold prospectors they should be a big help to all those treasure hunters out there. Many of these maps go back as far as 1880! If you live near the coast you will really want to check out all the changes. Many of these show every little shack and dirt road and they are a lot more accurate than other old maps.

Just like the other Topo Maps you can download these maps with just a few clicks on the Topo Search Map at Land Matters.

Heavy Pans
    BurntBear and Bejay like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10273 times
    Prospecting

Check Connecticut, Delaware and Florida Geology Maps!

As promised there are three new additions to the State Geology Maps collection.

The Connecticut, Delaware and Florida Geology Maps are just the beginning. We've still got a bunch more States to add and many of them will be ready this week.

We've got lot's of new additions to both the Land Matters Maps and Library sections coming up soon.

Heavy Pans
    BurntBear and Bejay like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10273 times
    Prospecting

Check Mining Claims Maps UPdated!

All of the Land Matters BLM LR2000 Mining Claims Maps have been updated! Claims displayed are current as of March 18th 2015.

We built a completely new database for these claims maps over the last month. They will be much faster to display and query. The huge Nevada Claims map is now displaying more than 5 times faster. Thanks to Chris Ralph for the suggestion!

More new maps coming up this weekend.

Heavy Pans

us
    Jan 2012
    Chickasha,Oklahoma
    1286 times
    Prospecting
    Who hoo mine showed up thanx to Clay and LANDMATTERS I have a rare dredging claim in Az thanx Clay
    http://www.mylandmatters.org/Maps/GeologyOK/GetMap

http://www.mylandmatters.org/

"If the Gold dont care neither do I"
    Shawn Pomrenke

4" Proline 2" Jobe combo 2.5" Keene 2.5" subbie Drywasher Spiral Wheel Minelab Detector

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10273 times
    Prospecting
    You are welcome okbasspro. You are right about dredging claims being rare in the desert.
    I'm hoping to see some good gold from your dredging this fall.

Jeff has been a big supporter of Land Matters he's also the sponsor of the Oklahoma Geology Map.

We could use a lot more supporters like Jeff. Land Matters is still struggling to meet their funding goals but we keep bringing you more resources in large part thanks to our many supporters like Jeff.

Several members of TNet have become regular contributors to Land Matters and a few members have also been donating their time and talents to doing research for upcoming projects. I'm reluctant to name any names here because we keep all donor information private but our TNet map sponsors are public and I'd like to thank a few of them here for their support.

Our newest sponsor from TNet is Steve Herschbach. Many of you know him for his years of honest and knowledgeable metal detector evaluations and reviews. He's a really nice guy to boot. We are proud that Steve has sponsored the United States Land Management Map.

Our own BurntBear, Luke from Tennessee, is the sponsor of the Tennessee Geology Map and prospects for gold and gems. Check out the link to his One Time Collectables at the top of that map and see some of the beautiful gems he discovers in his travels. As a long time gem hunter myself I'm always fascinated to see the beautiful gems that come from that area. Thanks Luke!

Donations are great and they help pay the bills at Land Matters. Donations of any size are very much appreciated, each dollar helps add to the growing collection at Land Matters. We've got several projects being assembled that could really use your support right now. Please consider what you can do to help support Land Matters.

Heavy Pans

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10273 times
    Prospecting

Check More State Geology Maps!

Next up we've finished the Land Matters State Geology base maps for:

• Iowa
    • Illinois
    • Indiana
    • Kansas
    • Nebraska

That's looking distinctly mid-western isn't it?

There are several more State Geology Maps coming soon. I'm hoping to get all of the states ready by the end of the month so if your state is missing you should see it soon.

Heavy Pans

Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links