Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 23 of 57 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Like Tree1778Likes

Thread: Prospectors Research Tools

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10166 times
    Prospecting

Check Wisconsin State Geology Map!

The Wisconsin Geology Map is now available from Land Matters.

Let us know what you would like to see next. Contact Land Matters

More Geology coming soon and...

Heavy Pans
    Bejay and BurntBear like this.

us
    Brian

Mar 2014
    Central Oregon Coast
    Whites GMT Garret fully underwater
    2354 times
    Prospecting
    I don't think anyone can disclaim the huge amount of information being provided on Land Matters. The amount of effort and work by Barry and his wife can not be overstated. I simply can't believe it has not hit the $3,000.00 contribution mark. If someone would have told me we would still be seeking the $3,000.00 goal I would have countered with "no way". It is the 1st of the month and April Fools Day. If I may be so bold to say "Lets Quit Foolin Around" and hit that goal. It doesn't take much from each user to get there: The number of visits to Land Matters are astonishing. But more astonishing is the lack of monetary contributor support. If users simply gave $5.00 each we would have endless funds at this point.

There is absolutely no reason to go out and buy a claim. All the info is provided on Land Matters to make discovery and locate ones own claim. If you can find it within your ability to help reach the $$$ goal please do. Lets get er done. A BIG thanks to all who have given, and please help spread the word. Thank You So Much.

Bejay
    Last edited by Bejay; Apr 01, 2015 at 03:31 PM.

us
    Sep 2013
    Morristown, AZ
    Gold Bug Pro
    232 times
    Prospecting
    I agree with Bejay about being shocked the donation goal has not been reached yet. Come on guys and gals give up your latte's for one day and donate the funds saved to MyLandsMatter. There is a wealth of information provided on the site and well worth making a donation.

I somewhat disagree with his statement about there being no reason to go out and buy a claim. But I will leave that polarizing discussion for another time and place.

us
    fowledup

Jul 2013
    Northern California
    Whites GMT V/SAT
    5166 times
    Prospecting
    Done deal, chip in folks this is without a doubt the most valuble prospecting tool on the web. Buy another pan later and support these guys, it is a resource we don't wan't to lose. Thank you L, B, and B, you have yet to be unable to answer a question or query!
    Folks may not remember the words of what you said but they dang sure will remember how you made them feel!

us
    Brian

Mar 2014
    Central Oregon Coast
    Whites GMT Garret fully underwater
    2354 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by SLNugget View Post
    I agree with Bejay about being shocked the donation goal has not been reached yet. Come on guys and gals give up your latte's for one day and donate the funds saved to MyLandsMatter. There is a wealth of information provided on the site and well worth making a donation.

I somewhat disagree with his statement about there being no reason to go out and buy a claim. But I will leave that polarizing discussion for another time and place.
    I have many claims that I located after researching the old way (courthouse records) and then making discovery. But the reason I said that about buying a claim is that I got on Land Matters a number of times lately and I could use it to locate well over 70 claims. I have found USFS and BLM lands that are wide open for discovery and location. Heck I found miles upon miles of a major gold bearing river, that I thought was private timber land, but is USFS administered land. On top of that all the info; as to how to lay out a claim, and do ALL the paperwork/filings/fees is on Land Matters as well.

Plus the Geology Maps will take you to highly mineralized zones. I don't need any more claims but I can easily locate and make discovery all over the place. I guess if I wanted a proved up claim I would be interested in buying one, but a discovery with potential of good things to come are/is all over the place.

A mining friend of mine was working a major river in Oregon and was getting an oz of nuggets a week dredging part time. Yet he did not know who owned the river banks and adjacent land. He went to the State Hwy Dept and asked if they mind if he dredged alongside the road. Someone there voiced up "WE DON'T CARE" so he started dredging. Low and behold when searching the location on Land Matters I found that it was USFS admin land open to mineral entry. I can do this kind of stuff all day long on Land Matters. Many, many instances of finding good claimable land.

Guess I fail to NOT Understand. But we can start another thread and discuss this in great depth. But if you are in Az you need Barry's "Footprint" Claim mapping program. If that don't hit the bulls eye then nothing will.

Bejay
    Last edited by Bejay; Apr 03, 2015 at 09:24 AM.
    delnorter and BurntBear like this.

us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting in the southwest?
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2184 times
    Prospecting
    BeJay funds sent. Although I am not getting out to prospect like I would like but Land Matters is a huge tool for everyone to use. Everyone think how many $$$ you waste in a month eating out, buying something you really don't need, etc. I am not in the forums as much as I use too due to personal and family issues but we can all donate $5, $10, $20 or more to help offset the cost of maintaining this HUGE DATABASE. Most if not all have a PayPal account with funds in it waiting for you to spend the money. PayPal is using these funds to invest just like any other bank, why let PayPal invest your funds when you can invest in something that is of GREAT use. Take a few minutes and release some of your PayPal funds, I just DID, how about YOU... Keith
    Bejay, Clay Diggins and BurntBear like this.
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
    2193 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Clay, I have a question for ya or anyone else who may be able to help.. Im looking at a section that shows one placer claim, my issue is that the river only goes through about 20 acres of land in that section in the very SE quad, the claim is said to be in the SE quad, yet both the sections directly east and south show not to have any claims yet the claim is a 80 acre claim. The river only runs through about 20 acre of the corner so I know this claim if it is a 80 acre must run into the south and east sections following the river, did this person not file correctly and should have included all sections his claim is in when filing or can you just pick a section that the heart of the claim is in and use just that when filling? It irritates me as I have an area that I want to claim and have not seen a single claim notice or boundary marker anywhere yet somewhere right there is an 80 acre claim. Ive even talked to blm about the purposed area and was given the green light yet Im pretty sure this 80 acre claim has to be in the east and south section judging by its size and am thinking something about the way this person filled is being overlooked even by blm because of the way they filed. With no markers and a filling as such its almost like they could say there claim is wherever they want whenever they want, is this legitimate?
    Come check out my California Mother lode Adventures!---->https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4U...aqFXriPUONmEtw

us
    fowledup

Jul 2013
    Northern California
    Whites GMT V/SAT
    5166 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmbandits View Post
    Clay, I have a question for ya or anyone else who may be able to help.. Im looking at a section that shows one placer claim, my issue is that the river only goes through about 20 acres of land in that section in the very SE quad, the claim is said to be in the SE quad, yet both the sections directly east and south show not to have any claims yet the claim is a 80 acre claim. The river only runs through about 20 acre of the corner so I know this claim if it is a 80 acre must run into the south and east sections following the river, did this person not file correctly and should have included all sections his claim is in when filing or can you just pick a section that the heart of the claim is in and use just that when filling? It irritates me as I have an area that I want to claim and have not seen a single claim notice or boundary marker anywhere yet somewhere right there is an 80 acre claim. Ive even talked to blm about the purposed area and was given the green light yet Im pretty sure this 80 acre claim has to be in the east and south section judging by its size and am thinking something about the way this person filled is being overlooked even by blm because of the way they filed. With no markers and a filling as such its almost like they could say there claim is wherever they want whenever they want, is this legitimate?
    I've seen it where the BLM lists the first section they see listed in the location filing and going no further listing the other sections the claim may touch. You'll see it only in the one section when you run the LR2000. You should be able to find out at the county by looking at the location filing. The fact that you don't see any filings in those others sections supports this.
    Folks may not remember the words of what you said but they dang sure will remember how you made them feel!

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10166 times
    Prospecting
    Sorry I've been missing here. I've been doing the work it takes to make a living and the Land Matters stuff had to take a back seat for awhile.

I too have been surprised by the lack of support for Land Matters. We've got several strong supporters on TNet like AzViper, SLnugget, fowledup, Maitland, BurntBear, okbasspro, Bejay, delnorte and about a dozen other great folks. It's not just about money either, Chrisski has been doing some wonderful research work that will make some important information and maps possible in the near future. A big thank you to all the Land Matters supporters!

Despite a great group of supporters right here on TNet the numbers just don't add up. Last month was our busiest yet. Nearly a third of a million hits and 60 Gb of data were served. At any given time there are several people using the maps and library. Even at 2 am there are at least 4 people using the maps at the same time. We've got a lot of Land Matters users compared to the number of supporters.

As long as Land Matters has enough support to keep the servers online I'll be donating my time and money to bring more information to Land users. If we could just get a little bit more than what it takes to pay the bills we could bring you a lot more information. In an effort to bring you more information Land Matters is looking for enough funds for:

• Video software so we can create more tutorials. $100
    • 4 more Terabytes of disk storage. (We've already maxed out the 4+ donated Terabytes we've got set aside for Land Matters) $180
    • DVD master burner. $40
    • A computer. Land Matters doesn't have it's own computer so it's been borrowing processing time from MinerDiggins computers. We just received a donation of a new 27" monitor (thanks Dylan!) but we need a computer to go with it. $650

If you can help out with a donation of money, equipment or time it would be greatly appreciated by myself, the folks at Land Matters and the million plus Land Matters users.

If you can't donate please feel free to continue to use Land Matters resources. The whole point of Land Matters is to give you free easy access to information about the land. Hopefully Land Matters will be there for future generations of Land users to rely on.

Heavy Pans
    Barry
    BurntBear likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10166 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmbandits View Post
    You are missing the most important piece Asmbandits. You need to get a copy of the original Location Notice and map from the County Recorders office. That should show where the 80 acres is located.

The BLM doesn't map claims nor do they care whether you claim over another valid claim. Any "green light" they give you is worth about the same as a "green light" from a random person on the street. The BLM is not responsible for the information they give you.

The Land Matters claim maps only show the nearest Section and the BLM LR2000 file notation only goes to the 1/4 Section. It's pretty unlikely you will find the corner markers by wandering around the 160 acres in that 1/4 section. The only real way to know where the claim is located is to get that copy of the Location Notice at the County Recorder's office.

As part of the information returned on the Land Matters map query there is a link to the County Recorder's office and, if supplied, the County book and page of the location notice. With that information, a phone call, and a few dollars you can usually have a copy of that Location Notice on it's way to your mailbox the same day.

Heavy Pans
    Asmbandits, BurntBear and Bejay like this.

us
    fowledup

Jul 2013
    Northern California
    Whites GMT V/SAT
    5166 times
    Prospecting
    Barry why not close down the Mining section to a subscrption access only. Would that pay the bills and keep the lights on? You all could charge $25 annual user fee, very reasonable for what you get. I figure we are using it to make ourselves more prosperous in our endeavors, I'd gladly pay it as I know it's worth every cent.

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
    2193 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Thanks fowledup and clay, I was aware of most of what you both said about obtaining a copy of the location notice being the ultimate say just wanted to know how the blm referenced locations when running lr2000. I dismissed the blm saying It was open to entry as I knew there was more to it and they were overlooking something , the acreage just did not add up.. Thanks for the clarification, it would make so much more sense to me if blm at least include all sections filed on the location notice, would save a lot of people time and be much more accurate.. When looked at on a map it's very deceiving as the section is all alone, but lr2000 sheds light on the acreage and at least now I know I need the location notice or just stay away from there which at this point I'm thinking we'll be the case. I bet lots of folks just go off of the section not realizing there's much more to it, owning claims myself I want to make sure in I'm not one of those people!
    Last edited by Asmbandits; Apr 09, 2015 at 05:50 PM.
    Come check out my California Mother lode Adventures!---->https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4U...aqFXriPUONmEtw

us
    Jan 2012
    Chickasha,Oklahoma
    1280 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Diggins View Post
    Sorry I've been missing here. I've been doing the work it takes to make a living and the Land Matters stuff had to take a back seat for awhile. I too have been surprised by the lack of support for Land Matters. We've got several strong supporters on TNet like AzViper, SLnugget, fowledup, Maitland, BurntBear, okbasspro, Bejay, delnorte and about a dozen other great folks. It's not just about money either, Chrisski has been doing some wonderful research work that will make some important information and maps possible in the near future. A big thank you to all the Land Matters supporters! Despite a great group of supporters right here on TNet the numbers just don't add up. Last month was our busiest yet. Nearly a third of a million hits and 60 Gb of data were served. At any given time there are several people using the maps and library. Even at 2 am there are at least 4 people using the maps at the same time. We've got a lot of Land Matters users compared to the number of supporters. As long as Land Matters has enough support to keep the servers online I'll be donating my time and money to bring more information to Land users. If we could just get a little bit more than what it takes to pay the bills we could bring you a lot more information. In an effort to bring you more information Land Matters is looking for enough funds for:[*]Video software so we can create more tutorials. $100[*]4 more Terabytes of disk storage. (We've already maxed out the 4+ donated Terabytes we've got set aside for Land Matters) $180[*]DVD master burner. $40[*]A computer. Land Matters doesn't have it's own computer so it's been borrowing processing time from MinerDiggins computers. We just received a donation of a new 27" monitor (thanks Dylan!) but we need a computer to go with it. $650 If you can help out with a donation of money, equipment or time it would be greatly appreciated by myself, the folks at Land Matters and the million plus Land Matters users. If you can't donate please feel free to continue to use Land Matters resources. The whole point of Land Matters is to give you free easy access to information about the land. Hopefully Land Matters will be there for future generations of Land users to rely on. Heavy Pans Barry
    Clay if you still need the software I'll step to the plate and pony up. Just shoot me a email.

Come on people for the cost of a pan you can support a great resource to the outdoor community.
    Clay Diggins likes this.
    http://www.mylandmatters.org/Maps/GeologyOK/GetMap

http://www.mylandmatters.org/

"If the Gold dont care neither do I"
    Shawn Pomrenke

4" Proline 2" Jobe combo 2.5" Keene 2.5" subbie Drywasher Spiral Wheel Minelab Detector

us
    Mar 2009
    White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite
    126 times
    Barry, just made a donation on your site, don't need another pan now anyway. Just visited your site for the third time, watched the video tutorial and got into the map section. I was looking at an area that I want to prospect and wanted to verify any claims in the area. Got the information I needed. The Land Matters website is a great resource not just for miners but for anyone that wants to explore the great outdoors. Looking forward to exploring your site and the information there much more. Many thanks to you and everyone involved in your website!
    Clay Diggins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10166 times
    Prospecting
    Thanks for the support everyone!

You are welcome theseeker. Thanks for the donation!

Fowledup thanks for the suggestion. I'm just a volunteer at Land Matters but I can tell you all suggestions do get consideration. Charging for access is an option but we hope to keep Land Matters all about easy access to public information. Are there others here that would prefer a pay per use option as opposed to free access funded by contributions?

Let us know what we can do to make Land Matters more useful for you. Land Matters is really all about the users. You can make a difference by contributing money, time or ideas. It all adds up to a bigger, more useful Land Matters.

Heavy Pans
    BurntBear likes this.

Page 23 of 57 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links