Prospectors Research Tools - Page 53
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Like Tree1793Likes

Thread: Prospectors Research Tools

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10285 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by okbasspro View Post
    Clay I love the new fast zoom feature. Will be doing a lot of sampling and hopefully filling on some more good ground.
    Thanks okbasspro. I guess the new "Map Tips" are working? The zoom box feature has been there all along but from the comments I'm getting most people never knew.

Maybe I'll see you this fall?

Heavy Pans
    Last edited by Clay Diggins; Oct 19, 2017 at 07:58 PM.
    okbasspro likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10285 times
    Prospecting

Mining Claims Map updates delayed

I know a lot of you are waiting for the new updated Land Matters Mining Claims Maps. They should have been available on Monday but the BLM is having some technical difficulties with its Secure Transfer Server and we have been unable to update the active mining claims information on our maps.

Our contact at the BLM says the problem has been identified and should be corrected tonight. We should be able to access the data in the morning.

I know this is a critical map update for a lot of our users. I'll post here as soon as the maps are updated.

Heavy Pans

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10285 times
    Prospecting

Check Mining Claims Maps Updated to October 15

The Land Matters Mining Claims Maps have been updated to October 15 ...finally!

The BLM Secure Transfer Server was finally repaired late last night. We got the download after midnight. You now have access to the most up to date mining claims maps available.

Thanks go to Kathy Ferguson​ for her assistance at the BLM Denver Applications Support Section, National Operations Center. There are good BLM employees and Kathy has always been responsive and helpful

There are about 1,000 acres of claims being opened up in Northern Washington State around where the Kinross gold mine is operating. This is a big deal in a small mining State. Washington State prospectors are going to have fun exploring those new areas.

California is still working on mining claim case files from two mining years ago. As usual Utah State BLM is doing their job very professionally and are progressing with their updates in a timely manner. Two different worlds in those two BLM offices alone. Thanks go out to Utah BLM for taking mining case files currency seriously.

Heavy Pans
    Last edited by Clay Diggins; Oct 19, 2017 at 09:13 PM.
    Golden_Crab likes this.

Mar 2017
    125 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    @ Clay Diggins,
    LOVE the site! I have been using it for maybe a year now based on a recommendation from a fellow member here in the forum. Lots of good info there!

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10285 times
    Prospecting

Mining Claims Maps Updated to November 1

It's been a struggle this past month to keep these claims maps updated. 2 weeks ago the BLM had difficulty preparing the information for the public and this month they change over the LR2000 system on the same day they update their database. You can read more about that here.

We still managed to get the Land Matters Mining Claim Maps updated to November 1.

This report period we've seen very little action on getting the September 1 filings updated. California is still trying to get through the case backlog from two mining years ago but have finished a few cases from last year this report period. Arizona closed no case files, this is a very different from the usual activity during this time of year. We are seeing what appears to be a general reluctance in most BLM offices to complete last years claim case work. Utah is the exception as they are normally very prompt about updating their case files. We will see if this work slow down is just a blip or an actual trend over the next few reports.

New claims are booming. 4,478 new claims in the last two weeks alone. Nevada lead the mining states with 3,349 new claims, surprisingly all but 493 of those new claims were placer claims. Arizona and Utah both gained more than 400 new claims cases during the last two weeks. Turn on the "New Claims" layer on your Mining Claims maps to see where those new claims are being located.

Heavy Pans

Mar 2016
    181 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Diggins View Post
    It's been a struggle this past month to keep these claims maps updated. 2 weeks ago the BLM had difficulty preparing the information for the public and this month they change over the LR2000 system on the same day they update their database. You can read more about that here.

We still managed to get the Land Matters Mining Claim Maps updated to November 1.

This report period we've seen very little action on getting the September 1 filings updated. California is still trying to get through the case backlog from two mining years ago but have finished a few cases from last year this report period. Arizona closed no case files, this is a very different from the usual activity during this time of year. We are seeing what appears to be a general reluctance in most BLM offices to complete last years claim case work. Utah is the exception as they are normally very prompt about updating their case files. We will see if this work slow down is just a blip or an actual trend over the next few reports.

New claims are booming. 4,478 new claims in the last two weeks alone. Nevada lead the mining states with 3,349 new claims, surprisingly all but 493 of those new claims were placer claims. Arizona and Utah both gained more than 400 new claims cases during the last two weeks. Turn on the "New Claims" layer on your Mining Claims maps to see where those new claims are being located.

Heavy Pans
    I wonder how much represents real mining interest and how much represent club activities (mine the miners mentality)

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10285 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Crab View Post
    I wonder how much represents real mining interest and how much represent club activities (mine the miners mentality)
    Virtually all of those claims, percentage wise, are made by real mining exploration companies or big mining company operations. A lot of the new claims are for the desert Lithium deposits. It's the hottest field for new mining opportunities.

If you had gotten in on the Lithium rush a year ago you could have been leasing your claims to a junior mining or exploration company. That's what most of those new claims are, large areas of hundreds of lode claims made by professional geologists in hopes of making a profit from the sale or leasing of the minerals. The profits can be good, I have several friends that have leased a few claims for as much as $20,000 per year - that will go way up if the company leasing the claims decide to actually mine them.

There are approx 305,000 lode claims in the United States and about 60,000 placer claims. I haven't run the numbers but I would be really surprised if Prospecting Clubs accounted for more than 2 thousand placer claims and a few hundred lode claims. That's less than 1% of all mining claims.

Mining is big business in the U.S. We are the third largest mining country in the world. We may well have more untapped mineral resources than any other country. There are about 250,000 full time professional miners in the United States. Mining Clubs are a really tiny part of the mineral claim system when you look at the bigger picture. If you are looking for a mineral deposit to claim I think you will find that prospecting clubs are no obstacle to doing that.

Heavy Pans

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    2988 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Diggins View Post
    Virtually all of those claims, percentage wise, are made by real mining exploration companies or big mining company operations. A lot of the new claims are for the desert Lithium deposits. It's the hottest field for new mining opportunities.

If you had gotten in on the Lithium rush a year ago you could have been leasing your claims to a junior mining or exploration company. That's what most of those new claims are, large areas of hundreds of lode claims made by professional geologists in hopes of making a profit from the sale or leasing of the minerals. The profits can be good, I have several friends that have leased a few claims for as much as $20,000 per year - that will go way up if the company leasing the claims decide to actually mine them.

There are approx 305,000 lode claims in the United States and about 60,000 placer claims. I haven't run the numbers but I would be really surprised if Prospecting Clubs accounted for more than 2 thousand placer claims and a few hundred lode claims. That's less than 1% of all mining claims.

Mining is big business in the U.S. We are the third largest mining country in the world. We may well have more untapped mineral resources than any other country. There are about 250,000 full time professional miners in the United States. Mining Clubs are a really tiny part of the mineral claim system when you look at the bigger picture. If you are looking for a mineral deposit to claim I think you will find that prospecting clubs are no obstacle to doing that.

Heavy Pans
    There in lies the main reason that the government must NOT lock up public lands by forming or expanding National Monuments and Parks without proper mineral assessment. Uranium comes to mind in the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument and there are others with strategic minerals too. Like it or not, nuclear power is in our future IMO.
    Last edited by arizau; Nov 13, 2017 at 06:28 PM.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10285 times
    Prospecting
    The Land Matters Mining Claims Maps were updated yesterday.

Land Matters Mining Claim Maps are the only claims maps at any price that give you a live link to the current BLM LR2000 Status page. Other maps update that information every month or two. With Land Matters you can see up to the minute information any time you want right from the map.

Heavy Pans

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10285 times
    Prospecting
    Been running hard the last week but I thought I would pop in and let you know.

Land Matters Mining Claim Maps were updated last Friday the 1st of December.

Twice a month like clockwork!

Heavy Pans
    Rail Dawg, et1955, oneguy and 2 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10285 times
    Prospecting

Check Mining Claims Maps Updated to December 15

The Land Matters Mining Claims Maps were updated yesterday afternoon.

In the last two weeks 440 claims were closed and 1,801 new claims were located.

The BLM was very late getting their database updated on Friday so we worked Saturday to make sure you would have updated claims maps before the Holidays.

Heavy Pans

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10285 times
    Prospecting

Check Mining Claims Maps Updated to January 1

As they do twice a month Land Matters updated their free Mining Claims Maps. That information is current as of January 1st.

The mining year is four months along. In the last 4 months there were 6,479 mining claims closed and 14,854 new claims located as of January 1, 2018.

That's a net gain of 8,375 new mining claims in the first third of the 2018 mining year!

As of January 1, 2018 there were 391,907 active mining claims in the BLM database.

That's a big number but it represents less than 1% of all the public lands open to location.

It's still out there. Go get u sum!

Heavy Pans

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10285 times
    Prospecting

Check Mining Claims Maps Updated to January 15

The BLM was closed on Monday 15th so the Mining Claims Maps were updated on the 16th this round. I've been on the road or I would have posted the update before now.

The only big claims activity this half month was the large number of claim closures in Arizona and Nevada.

Be sure to check out the "New Claims" map layer to see where new activity is. That layer updates twice a month just like the rest of the claims mapping.

Heavy Pans

us
    Jun 2017
    Lake Elsinore, California
    Grizzly Gold Trap; Explorer. Garrett Gold Pans. Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold.
    161 times
    Prospecting
    Clay I would LOVE to have the historical mining claims map feature expanded to have the more information button "i" pull up at least claim names so we could further research specific historical claims. Maybe a list of the years where claims were active on said site. Sorry if this isn't the place to make such a request! Thanks for all you guys do!
    Clay Diggins likes this.
    God. Freedom. Natural Rights.

Charter Member
    us
    Ed Tracy

Jan 2015
    Shoreline,wa
    Equinox 800
    913 times
    Prospecting
    Hi Clay, is it possible or could it be a feature to be able to save the map of the area I am searching on " My Land Matters " for printing.
    Clay Diggins likes this.

Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links