Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354
Like Tree1627Likes

Thread: Prospectors Research Tools

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Make America Great Again

Apr 2013
    Oregon
    3363 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    any plans on simple drawing tools? not too big a deal I usually do the Alt key and Print screen key at the same time.
    to save what I have on the screen then Paste into the Paint program. It would be nice though...
    Last edited by winners58; Jan 22, 2018 at 12:22 AM.
    Clay Diggins likes this.
    " A pessimist is an optimist with experience "

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    8893 times
    Prospecting

Check Mining Claims Maps Updated and Updated again to February 15

The Land Matters Mining Claims Maps were updated yesterday February 15th.

I just noticed it's been a month since I updated this thread - my bad. The mining claims maps were also updated on February 1. I just got busy and missed posting the update.

I've got more to share with you, lots of updates and new features going into Land Matters right now. I'll try to get some of that updated tomorrow but in the meantime enjoy the map updates and...

Heavy Pans

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    8893 times
    Prospecting

Check Mining Claims Maps Updated to March 1

Land Matters has updated their Mining Claims Maps to March 1. Several interesting changes this time, including some long claimed areas opening up on one of the best gold rivers in California.

The much requested Historical Mining Claims layer is working again.

The maps are running much faster now that the "tuning" is almost complete. I've been working on making the load smaller for those researchers with limited connections. All in all you should have a better and faster mapping experience now.

So far this mining year 16,714 mining claims have been closed and 20,212 new claims have been located for a net gain of 3,498 more active mining claims. Who said mining was dead?

It's still out there, go get u sum!

Heavy Pans

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    8893 times
    Prospecting

Cool Mining Claims Maps Updated to March 15

Land Matters updated their Mining Claim Maps to March 15th - on March 15th.

Land Matters has the most up to date Mining Claims Maps available to the public at any price.

There have been 21,794 new claims located this mining year and we are only half way through! Here's the totals from the most recent Land Matters Claims Advantage Report:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 8.35.07 AM.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	1565368
    Click on the picture to get a more readable version.

There have been more than 22 million acres of public lands reopened to prospecting and claim in the last year. The claims season is just getting started in most of the west.

If you ever intend to find a good claimable deposit this year is the best opportunity to come along in a long time. Do your research now and have a golden summer. Land Matters provides the tools you need but it's up to you to use them and find your own bonanza.

It's still out there! Go get u sum.

Heavy Pans
    et1955, delnorter and Bejay like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    8893 times
    Prospecting

Check Mining Claims Maps Updated to April 1

The Land Matters Mining Claim Maps were updated yesterday afternoon.

With the faster mapping and new features Mining Claim maps use has doubled in the last month.

Still the most up to date and accurate mining claims maps available on the internet at any price. Land Matters maps are free to the user but we rely entirely on donations and sponsorship.

Click on the map sponsors name at the top of the free map and let the sponsor know you appreciate their support. Several of the map sponsors are members here.

Heavy Pans

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    8893 times
    Prospecting

Mining Claims Maps Updated to April 15

Land Matters Mining Claim Maps are now updated to April 15th. Still the most up to date claims maps available on the web.

This update wasn't uploaded until early this afternoon. We got the database updates from the BLM server account yesterday before the LR2000 was back online. We held off finishing the updates because we know BLM was up to something when their public servers were unavailable for nearly three days. Sure enough they made significant changes in their new system. That now makes three different system changes in the last 12 months.

This most recent web application change left a lot of parts of the LR2000 nonfunctional. In particular parts of the mining claim searches are broken. The BLM is working on a fix. We are in regular contact with the BLM and we will let you know when the system is working right.

In the meantime you can learn more about those problems and the temporary solution Land Matters came up with at this thread:
    BLM LR2000 Down

Heavy Pans

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    8893 times
    Prospecting
    BLM is back up and Land Matters updated the mining claims maps yesterday afternoon.

Just in time for spring prospecting!

Heavy Pans

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    8893 times
    Prospecting
    The Land Matters Mining Claims maps were updated yesterday afternoon.

Land Matters Mining Claim maps are the most up to date mining claim maps available. Land Matters updates these maps twice a month. The other mining claims maps only update every one or two months. Land Matters is the only mapping system that allows you to look at the current up to the minute Serial Register Page right from the map.

Land Matters strives for accurate up to date information. The BLM mining claims files in particular are nowhere close to up to date and accurate but wouldn't you rather have the most up to date information possible? One or two months old claims info just makes the situation worse. Old mining claim information leads to wasted days and uncomfortable encounters. Do your research with the other mining claim maps if you find them useful but please check the up to date Land Matters mining claim maps before you plan a prospecting trip or vacation. The price is right - FREE and the information is up to date.

Heavy Pans

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    8893 times
    Prospecting
    The first big weekend of the summer mining season is here. I'm hoping all of you who have prospecting plans this holiday weekend have great weather and...
    Heavy Pans

It's still out there, Go get u sum!
    Bejay, et1955, winners58 and 1 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    8893 times
    Prospecting
    Land Matters has updated the Mining Claims Maps to June 1.

Had to work all day Sunday to get this one updated. The BLM didn't update their databases until Saturday night. The BLM has had problems getting these updates completed for over two months now. I know they are working hard to get their systems right but I hope they finish soon. Late nights and weekends to fix the BLM's problems is getting old.

Just had to grouch a bit. For those of you in Los Angeles area there are some 50 year old claims just closed - just a heads up. California closed 246 claims in the last two weeks. Seems like stuff is opening up in California just in time for a good summer season.

Heavy Pans

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    8893 times
    Prospecting

Cool

Land Matters updated the Mining Claims Maps yesterday. The June 15th data wasn't available from the BLM until Friday night.

There have been some important changes to the mining claims maps display. In certain parts of the western U.S. there are areas with significant errors and inconsistencies in the geometry (map drawing) data provided by the government. Idaho, Washington, Oregon and California had the most problems in the government mapping data. Many of the geometry errors (many thousands) in the original government data is now corrected in the mining claim maps display.

Stuff like triangle shaped sections and broken sections where there is a river are now corrected. This should make it easier for prospectors and researchers to see all the claimed sections.

This was a problem in the quality of the original PLSS data and not something Land Matters had any control over. These claims mapping changes are not a change to the actual survey, much like the PLSS map display they are a guide only. The position of portions of the public land survey is determined by the location of the actual survey monuments. GPS or map coordinates are not to be relied on for legal land descriptions no matter what their source.

Pretty much everything should be fixed now but nothing is perfect. I did just see there was still an error in Oregon at 40S 8W Section 27. There may be others. This is an ongoing project so if you see a claims map that is broken up in a funny way let me know.

Heavy Pans

us
    SanDomingoJim

Sep 2016
    Glendale, AZ
    Minelab GM 1000, Whites Goldmaster II, Tesoro Bandido II
    52 times
    Prospecting
    Thanks Clay for the updates and the hard work that you put in to make this info available to all.
    Now that the heat is cranked up in AZ, I have been digging through the internet reading old mining bulletins and articles as far back as 1880's on the San Domingo area. I have found some interesting info. With new info comes more questions which is an everlasting quest for sure. Can't wait to check out some new leads when the cool weather returns. Much AU to ya.
    Clay Diggins and et1955 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    8893 times
    Prospecting
    I hope everyone is enjoying their Holiday and getting some good gold!

The Land Matters Mining Claim Maps were updated Tuesday morning. I'm guessing most people already knew that because the volume of visitors to Land Matters has soared the last few days.

Heavy Pans

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    8893 times
    Prospecting
    Darn! I forgot to tell you all about how Land Matters updated their Mining Claim Maps on July 15th.

As always the claims were updated on the 15th as they will be updated again today ... if and when the BLM actually get their database extractions finished. Ominously they have only a small file named "test" available so far today.

I'll let you know when the most recent update is ready. In the meantime...

Heavy Pans

us
    www.FindingGOLDinColorado.com

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer, Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper highbanker, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    9908 times
    Prospecting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1533188327.757362.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	222.3 KB 
ID:	1618011
    Another $100 coming your way Barry!
    Learn where to dig in Colorado on my website www.findingGOLDinColorado.com

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links