Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657
Like Tree1774Likes

Thread: Prospectors Research Tools

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10063 times
    Prospecting
    "Funny" but true story...

Twice a month on the 1st and the 15th the BLM compiles all their databases. These databases include a lot more than mining claims. All the stuff that happened on the public lands like recreation leases, oil drilling, permits and plans are in each new database compilation. All the branches of government as well as any individuals, nonprofits like Land Matters, and corporations use these compilations to know whats happening on the public lands.

Last Friday was the 15th - time for the newest database download. We download and keeps copies of each entire database and from that we update the mining claims maps as well as a bunch of other things. So Friday we are waiting for the main servers to be updated in Denver. We keep signing into our account and checking but no update. This has happened before and in the past the server crew in Denver have worked past quitting time to make sure these downloads are available on the day they are due.

Well 5pm Denver time rolls around then 6pm - still no update.

This past weekend was a three day federal holiday so we know there wasn't going to be any update until Tuesday (yesterday). Tuesday comes and by noon there is still no update! We contact the boss at the data center, who has always been a big help, and she is really surprised there is no update yet. She calls down to the IT department and finds out - they forgot to upload the final database to the servers last Friday.

In a few minutes the database was ready to download and everything went well after that. A few red faces I'm sure but no harm.

I'm just wondering why we were the only one from those thousands of users that knew enough to contact the right person to get er done? I'm imagining workers in offices all over the world Tuesday just twiddling their thumbs and waiting for.... ?

The Land Matters Mining Claims maps were updated yesterday afternoon.

Heavy Pans

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11614 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    [QUOTE=Clay Diggins;6101372]"Funny" but true story...

Twice a month on the 1st and the 15th the BLM compiles all their databases. These databases include a lot more than mining claims. All the stuff that happened on the public lands like recreation leases, oil drilling, permits and plans are in each new database compilation. All the branches of government as well as any individuals, nonprofits like Land Matters, and corporations use these compilations to know whats happening on the public lands.

Last Friday was the 15th - time for the newest database download. We download and keeps copies of each entire database and from that we update the mining claims maps as well as a bunch of other things. So Friday we are waiting for the main servers to be updated in Denver. We keep signing into our account and checking but no update. This has happened before and in the past the server crew in Denver have worked past quitting time to make sure these downloads are available on the day they are due.

Well 5pm Denver time rolls around then 6pm - still no update.

This past weekend was a three day federal holiday so we know there wasn't going to be any update until Tuesday (yesterday). Tuesday comes and by noon there is still no update! We contact the boss at the data center, who has always been a big help, and she is really surprised there is no update yet. She calls down to the IT department and finds out - they forgot to upload the final database to the servers last Friday.

In a few minutes the database was ready to download and everything went well after that. A few red faces I'm sure but no harm.

I'm just wondering why we were the only one from those thousands of users that knew enough to contact the right person to get er done? I'm imagining workers in offices all over the world Tuesday just twiddling their thumbs and waiting for.... ?

The Land Matters Mining Claims maps were updated yesterday afternoon.

Heavy Pans[/QUOT

ooh ooh me me ...pick me ... pick me.

I know why.

It's because we live in a stupid vortex right now.

People are both dependant on the gov. to compile info they need to do a lot of things..

and they also expect that same gov. to screw up....and as it gets worse..count on it to stay craptastic.

Luckily there are still people who have long enough memeories to remember what swith to flip .. or box to bang your head on

Every day I see it getting worse. With millions just getting in line.

Thats what happens when the people in charge get paid to just show up.
    gcmsdan likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10063 times
    Prospecting
    Yep! Those Land Matters Mining Claim Maps were updated again on Friday the first.

A lot of new claims being made this year - we are just 5 months into the mining year and there are already 20,520 new mining claims located!

Heavy Pans

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10063 times
    Prospecting
    Land Matters Mining Claims Maps were updated right on schedule yesterday.

Big changes in Idaho and Colorado the last two weeks.

Several new claims around Denver and Colorado Springs. More than 200 new claims in Colorado these past two weeks.

Idaho is really starting to move with more than 450 new claims and more than 1,100 claims closed in the last two weeks.

It's starting to look like a busy spring season.

Heavy Pans

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links