COURT RESULTS - Busted @ Rucky Chucky Camp...

CApicker

Nov 3, 2013
West Sacramento, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for following the tread: Busted @ Ruck-a-Chuck Middle Fork Camp. Community input please?

The Hearing was yesterday in the Placer Courts and I'm starting a different thread so that I can share this experience we had with all of you. If you didn't read the previous post please catch up on it before reading this.

RANGER FAIL! :laughing7:

The original charge of Rock Hounding was changed via certified mail days after my friend was given a ticket on the river to a more general charge...

We show to court and end up in a room of folks with various State Park violations from fishing at night to dogs on leashes to, us - rockhounding??? :dontknow:

Everyone who appears in front of the judge gets an immediate reduction of charges.

We hear my buddies case and the charges are confusing to the judge and dropped immediately to $10.00 WTF???

I would say EPIC WIN for CA Prospectors but in reality we all lose...

Here is what I mean:

If you are a CA tax payer you should be aware that it took 3 Rangers 3 hours each @ at least $20.00 per hour to give a $10.00 TICKET!!! Bottom line is it cost hundreds of your tax dollars to give a lousy ten dollar ticket :BangHead:
That is your State taxes at work..!

There is also a court assessment fee that they absorb from everyone who comes through the door for $106.00 so the court wins no matter what.

Bottom line is:

To all Prospectors - if a Ranger approaches you it is only to add $$$ to the County vault - if you pack up and leave there is little chance he will or can follow you. And above all do not be intimidated by local Rangers; their jurisdiction and knowledge of the laws is marginal at best...

Finally it is the Prospectors who helped to create the beautiful roads and trails that are enjoyed today, and it is the Prospectors who assist in cleaning the rivers and streams of fishing weights, bird shot, nails, screws, and various hardware and view the rivers and streams as the precious environment that it is. Be proud to be a Prospector!

Oh and just for s#its and giggles we had time to drop into the MF on the way home and made our gas money back FTW! Here is part of our take
20141007_161548_Ivan_Hagrid.jpg

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PLP has gotten has gotten the state to the table, with the Rinehart Premeption opinion published, next season we will be back in the water. Some of us have never left, and some of you in Arizona, have little water to dredge:laughing7:
They are a 501 3c and all donations are public record. I would aasume since you have such a strong opinion about who has donated what, that you have researched these companies contributions.

I have, and again, it's a joke. If you are back in the water next summer I'll apologize. Till then I'll stick by my guns.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Terry, do you ever have anything positive to say?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything was in the toilet,as usual, till the Pacific Legal Foundation interveined and made sense out of chaos. That's why I've supported them for many years as professionals with actual experience in rights cases. Credit goes to them in my eyes as they DIDN'T CAUSE THE PROBLEM FROM THE GET GO. Kudos Terry-John

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Kudo to WMA for lobbying Pacific Legal to get involved and get in the fight.

OP
OP
C

CApicker

Nov 3, 2013
West Sacramento, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldenirishman gets it right again. My buddy works at Crystal Creamery and has a young girl and a stay at home mom just getting out of surgery. He can hardly get a day to go panning let alone get involved in a legal battle even if it could be won. They make it hard and nibble away at our rights constantly... Wish we could get some Prospector lawyers involved!

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Our rights are being taken away every day.
Did you know that in some states it is illegal for a car manufacturer to sell directly to the public?
Tesla's business model is built around selling directly and does not want to have dealerships.

Our right to bear arms is constantly under attack.
Our freedom of speech is constantly under attack.
Our core fundamentals, beliefs and traditions are constantly under attack.

It never ends, its a game of power and money, the more rights that you can strip away the more power and money those people who took them gain.

I don't know when the turning point is going to be but there will be a new revolution eventually.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way past the turning point. Have you ever seen a case where our rights have been restored? It's the frog in slowly boiling water. He never notices it, until it is way too late.Sorry to be so negative

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
A state that worships miners. Note the miner, pick, pan, shovel, diggins and rocker box that sits above the judge in the state seal. View attachment 1064175

It says "the great seal of the state of cal." Where are the seals? I don't see any!

And who is that fat lady dressed in the funny headress? Its all very weird to me!

California is an altered state!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Way past the turning point. Have you ever seen a case where our rights have been restored? It's the frog in slowly boiling water. He never notices it, until it is way too late.Sorry to be so negative

Turns out that's a myth, frogs are smarter than that, only humans aren't!

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So you've tested that Kevin? :tongue3: Back to the OP...

$116 for a ten dollar fine is kinda harsh. But that's what they do. Bait and switch. I don't know the maths but I would bet fighting it may end up with a $1016 hundred dollar fine. :icon_scratch:

Here in So Cal we just got hit with Nat'l Monument status. They claim previously allowed activities will still be legal. They'll just stop the illegal ones. Like prospecting. WHAT, Wait... Prospecting is not illegal.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread