Whats the best pay dirt out there?

Oct 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the best pay dirt out there?

Hello All,

I know there is already a thread or two about pay dirt but I wanted to see fi anyone had any recent reviews or suggestions regarding pay dirt. It's almost winter here in Colorado and am planning on panning indoors with some pay dirt to cure the fever till spring.

I have tried Felix Paydirt in the past about 4 years ago and was please but I hear good and bad things from time to time. I recently just tried Eureka Joes's and have been pleased so I may just buy more from them. Has anyone else tried Eureka Joe's?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Doc is a great guy and has good concentrates based paydirt. Another good one is my friend Don's http://goldstrikeadventures.com/goldstrike-paydirt/4582737960 Since he is based in North Denver, you may be able to pick it up without having to pay shipping charges :)

That said, a lot of us continue prospecting right thru the winter (mostly on sunny days I confess) here in town. Have you tried winter prospecting in Clear Creek at Arapahoe Bar Prospecting Park? It is just downstream from the big Coors brewery so the water is always warm...on a sunny day in midwinter it's like a trip to the beach!

Also, this Sunday show up at Steele St Open Space Park on the east side of Steele St just north of 78th St around 10 or so. Several of us are meeting there to do some panning, sluicing and such. If you come later, just walk east on the rec path to the river then down stream until you see us down on the giant cobble bar just past the railroad bridge.

Last edited:

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would lean more towards cons VS paydirt.
I have heard of people being upset that there were not enough (if any) heavies in their paydirt to similar a real pan for the panning exp.

Also some people just make their own cons, they will buy placer gold on ebay, dump it into some unworked material and pan away.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's almost winter here in Colorado and am planning on panning indoors with some pay dirt to cure the fever till spring.

You're way better off buying a few nuggets and fines (from a legit seller) off E-bay or CL and mixing your own. Do you honestly think for one minute the pay dirt charlatans are actually going to give you your money's worth in gold? If so… let me have your CC number right now. I've got some snake oil that will cure whatever ails you. ::)

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
You're way better off buying a few nuggets and fines (from a legit seller) off E-bay or CL and mixing your own. Do you honestly think for one minute the pay dirt charlatans are actually going to give you your money's worth in gold? If so… let me have your CC number right now. I've got some snake oil that will cure whatever ails you. ::)

X2

If I was a charter member here I would sell you fines at about $3 per grain.

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Way better off. Buying unprocessed bags of sand from home depot. Return only pennies on the dollar.From pay dirt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread