Bye Bye East Fork San Gabriel

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Well kids it's been fun. Tomorrow Obama is going to by executive order make the San Gabriel Forrest a National Monument. My buddy went up to the E.F.today and the word is that there is going to be a sweep by the National Park Service to clear the miners off and it's a zero tolerance sweep.

See here my good fellows:

Obama to declare national monument in San Gabriels - LA Times

Obama's the luckiest guy in the U.S. for many reasons.

Randy

Upvote 0

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well kids it's been fun. Tomorrow Obama is going to by executive order make the San Gabriel Forrest a National Monument. My buddy went up to the E.F.today and the word is that there is going to be a sweep by the National Park Service to clear the miners off and it's a zero tolerance sweep.

See here my good fellows:

Obama to declare national monument in San Gabriels - LA Times

Obama's the luckiest guy in the U.S. for many reasons.

Randy

Yeah, I would say he is lucky. Many people who steal from others suffer from lead poising now a days.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As much as I dislike Obama, he didn't think this up
all on his own. That Rep. Chu from Calif. is an eco-maggot
of the worst kind...the kind that think they have a
mandate from God to "save" the Earth.

Anyone ever see a prospector throw their dirty diaper
in the river, or pack along a little one in diapers while
digging AU?

E.F. San Gabriel was becoming a sheitehole way back when
I was young, and 99% of it was from the illegal aliens and their
families who'd go there and spend the day. They ruined their
country, and now are on a fast-track to destroy ours too.
(that's not racism, it's pure and simple truth)

Only got one comment for the whole lot of 'em...
boid.gif~original

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well once again it only goes to show that this administration either has their head on backwards or they need to install a window in their collective belly buttons to be able to see where they're going. Turning this into a National Monument is NOT going to solve the problems in the area no matter how much they wish it would. Much of the area is already a National Forest so why don't they just increase the number of rangers on patrol as well as having the Border Patrol start working the area? Changing the land status isn't the answer! making it so that the one group of people (spell that MINERS!!) that actually do a lot of cleanup in the area can no longer use it is just silly. in fact it's got to be one of the worse cases of "Rectal/Cranial Inversion" I've heard of in a very long time..... Nuff said

57chevy

Oct 4, 2014
The West
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 D Looking to find enough to replace it.
Replaced it with a Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First they let all the illegals from south of the border, (no offense to any group, I have several Mexican friends and they are just as unhappy with this state of affairs) then they make them legal and give them the vote. This way they can keep all the anti-rights poloticians in office and support all their anti-freedom legislation. Then when things, not just the land, start getting trashed, they have an excuse to pass more so called laws, to restrict Americans even more. Is anyone starting to see a pattern here?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't take going to ANYPLACE in the San Gabriels that is known to more than 50 people. Every time I go to East Fork or North Fork SGR, Big Rock Creek, Devil's Punchbowl, etc. All I see are boulders and trees tagged with paint. It pi$$es me off to no end. I know its not miners/prospectors doing that!

Mike

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
]Grandfathered in if they are perfected. :

So they will be worth more dough ? Cost more to own ?
Monster size ticket for digging anywhere in there boundyies ( felony )

Last edited:

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well when removing the miners doesn't solve the problem then they will just blame it on a virus in the water...
OH WAIT! I am sorry, that's the Trinity.

So much bullshit floating around its hard to keep facts straight, or in their case, LIES!

OP
OP
S

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Felony or not all's this is going to do is cause us prospectors to go underground and future Felons at that. Been done before and can be done again as I have outlined in past posts various methods. Well see.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Randy , this is heartbreaking news. G/Damn it. EFSG {and the El Pasos} is where I spent most of my life. To have this property just stolen with the stroke of some thoughtless criminal's pen is disgusting.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
R.I.P E.F.S.G. many 100s a grand days at Follows Camp and environs partying,mining,doing Gold shows,demos,training classes and such.....allllllllllllllllllllllllllll gone sic sic sic :censored: John

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Grandfathered in if they are perfected. :thumbsup:

Ok so here is my $.02
I live in Olympia Washington. Near here is the Olympic National Park which consumes the majority of the entire Olympia Peninsula. Back in the 1920's this was all National Forest and there were many operating mines. Then the Olympia NP was formed. This changed the managing agency of the land and invalidated all common claims. Later the park expanded to consume the ocean beaches along the sea side of the peninsula even though it was not physically connected to the main ONP. There is one (only one) mining operation that survived this and it was private property on the beach. They have been beset with decades of misery from the ONP and the land was bought by the NP but the family retained the mineral rights. There is millions of $ on that beach but the NP wont let the family bring a pan in there in spite of their mineral rights. All access is by permission only from the surrounding Makah tribe...and they dont like whitey.

Here is the best part. As soon as the ink was dry on the creation of the ONP, the park service began the systematic deletion of all BLM records pertaining to any mining claim that existed in what is now NP. They didn't want future gold seekers to research up the locations and sneak inside the park for some prospecting. I find this a a very blatant violation of the 1A.
If you have mine cache go look at the closed claims and you will see a huge voind where the park sits and closed claims all around it

Bottom line is...this flavor of democracy is coming to the SGNF. If there is a database of open and closed mining claims it had better be saved somewhere because they are coming to delete it...just watch

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like one of the things they want to do is make it impossible for the Burro Canyon Shooting Range to stay in business.

Mike

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like one of the things they want to do is make it impossible for the Burro Canyon Shooting Range to stay in business.

Mike

Gun possession inside a national park/monument was allowed only recently and is granted on a park by park basis.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gun possession inside a national park/monument was allowed only recently and is granted on a park by park basis.

Except that it is a business for profit. Those are frowned on in NPs, but I just spoke with them, and they don't know for sure, but they don't think it will put them out of business.

Mike

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a kid (I'm 25) I used to go to Azusa to off-road and fish and stuff... Shoulder to shoulder illegal alien bath day every weekend. They'd ***t in the river, they'd leave trash everywhere... They don't care.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread