Ruff first year

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it was a ruff first year prospecting. Learning to read river's, how to pan, setting up a sluice. Broke 2 shovels cut my hand wide open from glass. Had people tell me there was no gold in Ohio. I watched more video's on gold prospecting and looking at maps then I did digging. I have to say once I started to use my brain more and and looking at glacial maps thing started to come together. So thanks Tnet. Here is my finds this year so far photo.JPG

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does require dedication,education, perseverance ,and gloves at all times when digging for sure, as the learning curve will never end as new technologies are brought forth. Add a little gems/minerals/relics to the mix and you will be much more prosperous in the end. Enjoy the ride as I have for over 58 years and will never stop-John

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats on a solid first year actually! Especially since you are learning and getting better results for it. Looking forward to hearing more about your next adventures and successe :)

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That is not a bad first year for being somewhere the there is "No Gold!" Keep it up, you are headed up the right path!

JB

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
It's the people like you that keep me going, not the ones that find many ounces. It's the adventure and willingness to continue even though you've found a small amount. You never know what is around the next corner, but that won't stop you. It's not getting there, it's the journey along the way. Have fun!

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats and welcome aboard!

Oh, don't let anyone tell you there isn't "this" or "that" somewhere. Just like there are no gemstones in Tennessee....:laughing9:

...and remember..."there is no gold in Appalachia!"

Gold-A.jpg

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
I found 0 gold in my first year. This game is not for quitters. I certainly am richer in memories than gold and I wouldn't trade either, well let's just say the price for gold will have to go up quite a bit before I trade it.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Off to a great start! Paid your dues for sure! Gold will come much more quickly now. Happy hunting and keep us posted!

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Every year prospecting is ruff. Very hard work. For little return. Hoping the next hole will pay off. But if you pay the dues. Put the research in. Learn from others. Study T Net. Things should get better and easier. Hang in there your on the right track.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Way to hang in there. It's a tough biz and mastered only by people of true determination. I just passed my first year and got more than I thought I would but less than I wanted. You are on the right track with what you are doing. Congrats.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sometimes it can be really rough out there, but doing exactly what you are doing gets the gold.
Keep it up, always lots of fun and the gold just makes it better. :)

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats and welcome aboard!

Oh, don't let anyone tell you there isn't "this" or "that" somewhere. Just like there are no gemstones in Tennessee....:laughing9:

...and remember..."there is no gold in Appalachia!"

View attachment 1067595

Nice stuff there! Bigger than most of the stuff I find in Colorado. Thanks for the picture.

OP
OP
M

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'll be back at it after I finish remodeling my son room.

Next year I will be taking trips to Virgina, NC, and Maybe Co

once again thanks guy's

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread