GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Would like to see them add a field discovery/exploration crew. Geologist, surveyor, etc, might learn a thing or two

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm watching the latest episode right now and I can really understand why Tony cuss's so much. He hired an incompetent crew that just knows how to whine and seems to only get stuff done when he's there yelling at them. I'd be pissed too. I can't stand it when I have to work with someone and they spend 45 minutes crying about how hard it would be to do something and 15 minutes working then cry some more because its taking so long. Seems to happen a lot in construction...

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel like leaving a post on Discovery's web site. That whole episode was a joke.

You are correct about the weight of the box of bolts, unless Tony is ordering them 3 at a time, which might be the case if that is all he had in storage. How about driving onto the tarmac to pick up your urgent shipment? Anybody and anywhere else, you go wait at the cargo office and sign for it upon receipt.

Now, there is no way that Todd and crew after 5 seasons are so dumb that they don't know to go deeper to find gold. Even so, nobody is so stupid to commit to running 1000 yards, based on 16 colors in one sample pan. My guess is they were running the poorer material to cover cost of stripping. They have probably been digging sample holes all over the cut to confirm they were still on the gold. Instead, better TV is an expert showing up to explain what they are doing wrong and reverse a bad streak. Now, I would understand if the real answer was the claim owner was impatient and had an immediate need for gold now, rather than later, which is why they had to strip that last little bit without running it thru the sluice.

Lastly, if I heard it right, there is $6M in potential gold in the ground that Parker is interested. The claim owner wants 50% ($3+M). Parker was holding the calculator, but I can do the math in my head, that it is a bad deal.

Last edited:

DynoGuy

Nov 10, 2013
Statesville, NC
Detector(s) used
Sluices: Bazooka 30" Prospector, Bazooka Super Mini and a folding A52 clone. Homemade 12" x 24" Miller table.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would have thought Tony would have had a new Sluice box system ready to go in, instead of trying to reuse the old one.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ummmm have you watched the turd's crew in previous seasons?
planning, preparing, testing are all foreign ideas to them

yes they can be that dumb

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They showed Tony lifting a box of something unknown... but there were probably 20 boxes of bolts then 10 more with washers and nuts so they showed you a touch because it filled the back of his truck and most likely came crated in a wooden box on a pallet. That wasn't a bolt box but they do show 2 new bolt boxes in the shipping container at the camp already there when the guy starts looking for them... Who knows what goes on with Toad, his show is nothing more than a scripted show and you can bet that the mine owner has been there since the beginning, they just like drama... Parker won't be buying that mine for that price but he will probably be there next season being that they showed the mine. The show is fun but there are plenty of whiners in parts that I don't consider mining anyway and that's most of Toads crew...

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Lastly, if I heard it right, there is $6M in potential gold in the ground that Parker is interested. The claim owner wants 50% ($3+M). Parker was holding the calculator, but I can do the math in my head, that it is a bad deal.[/QUOTE]
Using the calculator or writing continuiously while they are talking or asking you questions is a negotiating tool/trick to buy you sometime while thinking rather than standing there with your mouth open while trying to think of a response! it gives you a slight edge rather than you looking like you don't know what to say!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They showed Tony lifting a box of something unknown... but there were probably 20 boxes of bolts then 10 more with washers and nuts so they showed you a touch because it filled the back of his truck and most likely came crated in a wooden box on a palate. That wasn't a bolt box but they do show 2 new bolt boxes in the shipping container at the camp already there when the guy starts looking for them... Who knows what goes on with Toad, his show is nothing more than a scripted show and you can bet that the mine owner has been there since the beginning, they just like drama... Parker won't be buying that mine for that price but he will probably be there next season being that they showed the mine. The show is fun but there are plenty of whiners in parts that I don't consider mining anyway and that's most of Toads crew...
SHEEESH REED you sure know how to ruin a good Joke:laughing7:. Of course Tony got bolts somewhere...and it would be on a pallet for that amount!!! From the way the scene was thrown together I bet there never was a bolt deficit!!!! The problem with reality t.v. now vs. how it used to be is IMHO.....

The reason reality t.v took off and was enjoyed by the viewer and the producers is that it was once CHEAP and REAL.
Take a crew of some guys have them film some thing that the masses want to "experience" yet don't really want to be there.
Run gobs of tape...nowadays terabytes..much cheaper!!! Send it off to the editing room find the good stuff the film/field crews marked edit fix sound over dub you know a little creative license for flow and interest/entertainment value.
Even though I truly believe the operations being shown on the show are real and on real digs and I believe and hope at the same time8-) that the clean outs are real. I think what ruins it for the show and others is the fabricated drama because every one of the guys on the show are such horrible actors. when they make theses guys go through a scene they bring the show down. If it was so important to throw in, then at least show the bolts on a pallet on site or something. I don't want to see Tony go stand at the airstrip to pick up a fake box of bolts. The problem is that some moron gets to sit at a table and say "you know what scene we need to show" ...something something........."it will really bring a sense of" and that happens before the show even films and that dude only visits a location once....not reality!!!!
And then when people watch who know reality your let down because if they fake this then did they fake that?? Dang it..!!!
Creating reality then filming it.....hmmmm isn't that just called a show:icon_scratch:

I agree and I think Tony would be better served with a new sluice plant in that dredge. and waiting to see how the trommel goes.....I also don't think the guys working for him are inept....they seem pretty smart to me so what if Tony "gets things done" by yelling and cussing at them. They know the engineering of a machine like that and are trying to preserve it. Look at the way they ripped that thing apart?????And the issues they have now.

Truthfully I don't care who is on the show I just want to watch diggin' and wash-plants a runnin' I wish Yukon Gold was still on.

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Did anyone notice during The Dirt's anti-social segment someone mentioned 'Reality Show' and Christo immediately said that it's not a reality show, it's a Real Show. Reality shows are presented as non-scripted, state of the moment programs.
Whereas, real shows ARE ALWAYS SCRIPTED. Me thinks ol Christo let the cat out of the bag.
Bob

gerter

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lastly, if I heard it right, there is $6M in potential gold in the ground that Parker is interested. The claim owner wants 50% ($3+M). Parker was holding the calculator, but I can do the math in my head, that it is a bad deal.

That claim looked exactly the same one that Dave was mining with Freddy Dodge before Toad came and whisked him away.

I wish Dodge had more air time, I really liked him and what his crew were doing. Obviously they are too down to earth for all the crappy drama this show produces.

procali

Nov 16, 2013
BajaMex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, ctx 3030, sdc 2300, Sovereign Gt, Excal 1000, x-terra 705, profind, propointer. Stealth 720i and 920ix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems to me that Tony is like a mega king ping overlord of some sorts and has all kinds of athorities bought or onthe take of his empire, for starters customs (in the take), ice ( in also), home land ( what can i say), this is one powerfull monkey to be able to just drive in a super secure area and pick up what ever he wants, be it empty boxes or who knows what, lets call it nuts and bolts, and hop a long out of dodge like that, i mean i think this monkey is my new hero...
Anyways I personally enjoy this tragi-comedy show a lot, and am looking forward to fridays new ep.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What super secure area? It's a rural airport. No heavy security at those places.

LOL, no kidding! I guess he's never seen a small airport before. Ours has no gates leading to the tarmac, private and commercial hangars open to the road and the runway. You could have to wait for someones plane to cross the road in front of you while heading to the terminal. But the restaurant has good food!

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take the show for what it is entertainment nothing more nothing less. Seriously what the frick people LOL.

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure the dredge has a pretty good size engine for moving the buckets and another for the sluice and trommel. How come we haven't seen it (them), nor any discussion of getting them running?

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That claim looked exactly the same one that Dave was mining with Freddy Dodge before Toad came and whisked him away.

You can bring up Carmacks, Last Chance Creek, Dawson and the rest on Google earth to see where they all are. There are and have been some huge operations in the Bonanza Creek area. It's worth checking out :evil6:

fishnfacts

Mar 26, 2014
Chicago, Il. Northside
Detector(s) used
BH Disc 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tony's comments to Parker should show what he is about. He hopes Parker will get rid of the over burden and leave it to him to come in and clean up the gold. He is not stupid and knows what needs to be done to clean up at Parkers expense. What I don't understand is how he can tell Parker how to mine. If I was in that situation, unless in their contract, I would tell Tony to flip himself.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you want to see some Bucketline dredge tailings go to Bonanza Creek, Dawson, Yukon Territory, Canada on google earth

Or come visit Fairplay Colorado. There are some two mile long tailings piles just down stream from town. AND right at town on the town prospecting park! $5/year for a nonmotorized permit and you can dig into those old tailings piles to your heart's content :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread