Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree2247Likes

Thread: GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... Deteknix Xpointer Diver.... Fisher F19
    21819 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Well 5 or so minutes into the First episode, I gave up and watched Z-Nation instead

first Off I couldn't Stand the Commentators voice.
    second I couldn't stand the Actors Voices

and Thirdly Twitter pop ups started up.
    I hate pop ups distracting me while I'm trying to watch something.
    I even hate when things scroll across the bottom or top of the screen when I'm watching a show.

and I will not watch a show where Kids are allowed to Compete to see their names on the screen
    in twitter popups while the show is in progress.

at that Point I moved on to Z-Nation.

Perhaps it was just the 1st episode that will be like that,
    I will give episode 2 a chance before I decide if
    my mind is done with Gold Rush or Not, but it don't bode well so far

us
    Mar 2014
    Central Arizona
    Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
    352 times
    Prospecting
    IMHO I believe Tony is doing Parker a favor by not just handing him a free easy ride. The kid is young and still has a lot to learn. He has done a lot more than he ever had to by helping him get this far. If you remember he would not lease anything to Hoffmans, likely because they are grown men and Tony has no respect for them trying to take the easy way to gold. Tony has a lot of hard work invested getting to where he is and expects Parker to work for what he gets too.

Reality TV not going anyplace in the near future. Might as well get used to it. Might as well get used to twitter feeds scrolling across the screen as well. This is just how it is these days, with the computer age and all the gadgets around these days. With technology going the way it is these days, there will be more of this on every channel out there, so might as well get used to it. Dennis
    Lanny in AB and AzViper like this.

us
    Honorary Goonie

Jul 2014
    NH
    Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
    1255 times
    Metal Detecting
    I beg to differ. Reality shows have been declining in the ratings since last year. You can google up a hundred articles stating as much.

I asked The Wife to work on my pc a bit last night (she's IT), so I took the time to stitch some velcro on my detecting kneepads and watch some tv. I flipped through the channels and landed on Gold Rush, so I decided to give it another shot. Same boring contrived drama. I flipped it to Diners Drive-ins and Dives, and sat there stitching happily away, drinking beer, and drooling.
    CoilyGirl likes this.
    Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window.

us
    FIRE...Financially Independent Retired Early. Poor but free!

Feb 2013
    Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
    Teknetics Alpha 2000
    4051 times
    Prospecting
    Well I liked the whole thing...MUCH better than all of last season. I think Tony bit off more than he can chew on the bucket dredge move and rebuild. BUT, as a kid I played on one of those abandoned dredges and would LOVE to see it run. And with Todd and his Dad working small scale, they could just make a comeback. It tickled me tho how excited they got over the pan sample...reminded me of me. The 100 oz minimum came because the claim holder has watched Todd in action. I'd of done the same.
    We don't fight for gain. We fight for what is rightfully ours.

Just another supporter of Land Matters http://www.mylandmatters.org/ The one stop place for mining matters on public lands!

CA prospectors check here http://www.mylandmatters.org/Donate/Gift1.html

A recent study found that there are just too many studies being done.

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    3936 times
    Im going to really like seeing that ole bucket line dredge running and seeing what it pulls up! and I don't think Parker will get his 2000 OZ but he will come close! I wish I could've been able to work with the Dodge brothers! their site looks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo darn good! BUT I also wonder what happened to all that water and ice they sent downstream to some suprised people!!!
    AzViper, lastleg and Aufisher like this.

us
    Kiddo

Jun 2014
    Forsyth county, GA
    Jobe drop riffle sluice Garrett gold pan
    168 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by jcazgoldchaser View Post
    cool but todd could never find that much gold

I do make jokes about todd but until last season I did have respect for him
    -lets be honest your prone to do bad your first year
    -his second year he broke even
    -his third year he did well
    -last year his dreams overcame his common sense(never smart to do business in a developing country)

im kind of going for him this year
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoa...TEcKrIj-fj_PPw

keep it simple...I hate unnecessarily complex things

us
    Kiddo

Jun 2014
    Forsyth county, GA
    Jobe drop riffle sluice Garrett gold pan
    168 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by russau View Post
    I don't think Parker will get his 2000 OZ but he will come close!
    I beg to differ just do the math he got 1000 with about $7 a yard now he is mining what he found late last season witch is $50 a yard
    I think he can pull it off
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoa...TEcKrIj-fj_PPw

keep it simple...I hate unnecessarily complex things

us
    Aug 2013
    Puyallup, WA
    63 times
    Prospecting
    All I seen last night was commercials, then the 10 minutes of actual run time was all bleeped out. Maybe this is normal but as my first time watching this show I dunno if I can take any more. Maybe I'll wait until I can fast forward through all the b.s.
    jeff of pa likes this.

Nov 2013
    Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a Number 2 Shovel baby!
    1238 times
    Tony said no for a good reason, Parker knows his stuff, but he sure don't know Tony's. Huge fan of the fluid bed I loved how he just came in and hit the off button. Knew exactly which button to push. good god the commercials! I have it paused beforehand for 25 minutes so I can skip through them but ran out of ff time very fast.

Freddy Dodge y'all! That chunky gold makes my head swirl. who else was worried about washing gold out on the ice damn maneuver? This kind of makes up for me missing what's up Calhoun Creek (good luck, big boot and co.).

You'll see the stache once todd n pops get their dirt going. They'll do ok.

And last of all, good to see gpop schnable still stomping the terra!

us
    Mine All Year Long!

Feb 2013
    Mountlake Terrace
    4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
    791 times
    Prospecting
    IMHO, Todd is where he should be after last season, staring over...Parker is still kind of a little snot, we all knew freddy would do well, and Im really happy to see Dave T. with him. Seriously bummed that we don't get to continue to follow the Hurt Boys, Calhoun seemed like it was going be one hell of an adventure! I guess, all said, Im happy to have this reality drama show back. BTW, I wont watch this show live, has to be on the DVR or no deal...

JB
    Aufisher and Kace like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting in the southwest?
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2119 times
    Prospecting
    I doubt the Tony is in over his head with the bucket dredge. He will make it happen. Again its the drama of the show that leads use to see failure, but Tony is not about to drop that kinda of money without know firsthand that it will be up and running.
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

Charter Member
    SITE BRAVO DETAINEE

Dec 2012
    8024 times
    Metal Detecting
    beets doesn't lose money
    dave made a good move
    parker has some maturing to do
    turd has to stop dreaming and start working. how can he go all offseason and not have land or a plan?
    CoilyGirl likes this.
    YOU BE A DEPLORABLE, I'LL JUST BE ADORABLE

us
    Just Another Old Guy

Feb 2008
    Grays Harbor in Washington state
    Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it
    973 times
    Prospecting
    All I wanna see is, dig man dig, then pan man pan!

The only reason the Hoff's are still there is because they started the series and like being paid to be on tv, good or bad. Todd was even making truck commercials in the off season to make a few bucks....pathetic!

I respect Tony's experience and suggestions but the kid is just a mosquito in his business income...period. Tony can come off as an but, most self made millionaires don't get there by giving in or giving away, and I really want to see that dredge bring back history and mountains of gold!!!

Glad to see grampa was still doing good last winter and hope he still is....he's the best thing on the show. Experience, wisdom, support and an anchor to reality on an un-reality show. Parker is a 20yr old kid with a lot of dreams and the stress of running a million$ operation. I'm late 50's and would be upset when things go wrong......but I know better than to blame others for my own mistakes.....30+ more years and he may get there. Hopefully he'll be another well of compassion and practical wisdom like grampa. We'll see on gold rush season 35

The Dodges have my vote for best ground for big and quick gold, the closer the source the less digging ground there is....a hot short area at best, but I'd love to dig big and go home rich in 2 years than take 20 years to recover as much

New season.......bring on the clean outs.....but hate the made up drama
    jeff-gordon likes this.
    I'm a drinker with a heavy prospecting problem and I'm out of dirt again

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil,
    8953 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I saw a scene of a lot of gear driving down a road....I hope i'm wrong but, I think Dave and the Dodges go to bail out the Hoffmans...Hope not but, that's my ultimate scripted drama prediction.

Charter Member
    us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting in the southwest?
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2119 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-gordon View Post
    beets doesn't lose money
    dave made a good move
    parker has some maturing to do
    turd has to stop dreaming and start working. how can he go all offseason and not have land or a plan?

Beets doesn't lose money - Correct
    Dave made a good move - Sure did
    Parker has some maturing to do - Typical kid
    Turd has to stop dreaming and start working. How can he go all off season and not have land or a plan? BECAUSE HE IS A TOTAL IDIOT...
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links