GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

cool but todd could never find that much gold :)

I do make jokes about todd but until last season I did have respect for him
-lets be honest your prone to do bad your first year
-his second year he broke even
-his third year he did well
-last year his dreams overcame his common sense(never smart to do business in a developing country)

im kind of going for him this year

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't think Parker will get his 2000 OZ but he will come close!
I beg to differ just do the math he got 1000 with about $7 a yard now he is mining what he found late last season witch is $50 a yard
I think he can pull it off

LRC253

Aug 5, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All I seen last night was commercials, then the 10 minutes of actual run time was all bleeped out. Maybe this is normal but as my first time watching this show I dunno if I can take any more. Maybe I'll wait until I can fast forward through all the b.s.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tony said no for a good reason, Parker knows his stuff, but he sure don't know Tony's. Huge fan of the fluid bed :) I loved how he just came in and hit the off button. Knew exactly which button to push. good god the commercials! I have it paused beforehand for 25 minutes so I can skip through them but ran out of ff time very fast.

Freddy Dodge y'all! That chunky gold makes my head swirl. who else was worried about washing gold out on the ice damn maneuver? This kind of makes up for me missing what's up Calhoun Creek (good luck, big boot and co.).

You'll see the stache once todd n pops get their dirt going. They'll do ok.

And last of all, good to see gpop schnable still stomping the terra!

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IMHO, Todd is where he should be after last season, staring over...Parker is still kind of a little snot, we all knew freddy would do well, and Im really happy to see Dave T. with him. Seriously bummed that we don't get to continue to follow the Hurt Boys, Calhoun seemed like it was going be one hell of an adventure! I guess, all said, Im happy to have this reality drama show back. BTW, I wont watch this show live, has to be on the DVR or no deal...

JB

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I doubt the Tony is in over his head with the bucket dredge. He will make it happen. Again its the drama of the show that leads use to see failure, but Tony is not about to drop that kinda of money without know firsthand that it will be up and running.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
beets doesn't lose money
dave made a good move
parker has some maturing to do
turd has to stop dreaming and start working. how can he go all offseason and not have land or a plan?

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All I wanna see is, dig man dig, then pan man pan!

The only reason the Hoff's are still there is because they started the series and like being paid to be on tv, good or bad. Todd was even making truck commercials in the off season to make a few bucks....pathetic!

I respect Tony's :censored: :censored: experience and :censored: suggestions but the kid is just a mosquito in his :censored: business income...period. Tony can come off as an :censored: but, most self made :censored: millionaires don't get there by giving in or giving away, and I really want to see that :censored: dredge bring back history and mountains of :censored: gold!!!

Glad to see grampa was still doing good last winter and hope he still is....he's the best thing on the show. Experience, wisdom, support and an anchor to reality on an un-reality show. Parker is a 20yr old kid with a lot of dreams and the stress of running a million$ operation. I'm late 50's and would be upset when things go wrong......but I know better than to blame others for my own mistakes.....30+ more years and he may get there. Hopefully he'll be another well of compassion and practical wisdom like grampa. We'll see on gold rush season 35 :icon_thumleft:

The Dodges have my vote for best ground for big and quick gold, the closer the source the less digging ground there is....a hot short area at best, but I'd love to dig big and go home rich in 2 years than take 20 years to recover as much :goldbar:

New season.......bring on the clean outs.....but hate the :censored: made up drama :BangHead:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a scene of a lot of gear driving down a road....I hope i'm wrong but, I think Dave and the Dodges go to bail out the Hoffmans...Hope not but, that's my ultimate scripted drama prediction.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
beets doesn't lose money
dave made a good move
parker has some maturing to do
turd has to stop dreaming and start working. how can he go all offseason and not have land or a plan?

Beets doesn't lose money - Correct
Dave made a good move - Sure did
Parker has some maturing to do - Typical kid
Turd has to stop dreaming and start working. How can he go all off season and not have land or a plan? BECAUSE HE IS A TOTAL IDIOT...

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Am I mistaken to think that Dave most likely makes an hourly wage or salary? Maybe a gold bonus if they do great. other then laborer what use does he have on a gold claim?

Parker a typical kid? how many kids you know get such oppurtunities? Parker sole reason for success is the resources of his Grandpa and family. Without that I sincerely doubt parker would have a chance in hell in making it!

Tony Beets Christo Doyle says he a legend so it must be true..

Freddy dodge how many seasons he spend with the Hoffmans.. I suspect freddies brother is the true talent!!

Hoffmans well I need to find out what idiot investors keep giving them money and get them to give it to me...

And as far as bigfoot is concerned. Thank god he found his diginity and stopped participating in making a mockery out of gold mining..

gold hound

Mar 16, 2014
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx, bgt 24" sniper,jobe45, cascade mini high banker, gold buddy vibra-lite colt drywasher, homemade gold vac, keene 140 drywasher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My money's on Freddy Dave, and co.. The gold they got, without getting to pay gravel makes me want to go to Carmack and sluice down stream. I'm sure they blew out some gold by popping the ice dam.
Parker needs to slow his roll... He expects premium ground just because of last seasons clean up, and a putting in some extra effort!!! Then complains about time lost getting an early start putting in hydraulic riffles. If anything the new riffles will be the only reason he'll reach the 2000 oz goal! He should be thanking Tony!
As far as Tony... I think he's taking on a monumental task of trying to relocate that old scoop dredge. I feel like it won't be done this season. Hydraulics, pumps, motors, all probably shot!!! Moving it will probably be easy part. Once it's running however, it'll probably kill the show. There's no way he doesn't win season gold count every year!!! Even on crap claim! No wonder Parker couldn't get a better deal.
As far as the Hoffman's, here's where I'll probably get boo'd... I like Todd and Jack! It takes some stones relocating camp to South America out of your comfort zone after having an ok season!!! Don't forget Freddy and dave were there as his advisors helping him pick his sight. Things I'm sure would have been different had they chose to be lode miners!!! I don't like the deal he got for his claim! 20% and 100 oz's regardless! He has no crew yet, and company before him went bankrupt. I think he'll do,a little better than breaking even with his deal. Only upside is he has use of some equipment on sight.
Freddy 2200 oz's
Parker 1800 oz's
Hoffman's 650 oz's
Tony 0 oz's- equipment not ready

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I cant wait until Tony gets the bucket line dredge running. I actually played around on a fully operational and running commercial dredge back in the 70's. It wasn't bucket line, it was a big cutterhead with a 24" discharge pipe...pretty amazing to watch it in action

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We get it, you think it's scripted. Maybe it is maybe it's not
Either way if you don't like the show don't watch it.
I personally am pulling for Parker.
I believe Todd has not/will never learn as who goes to the Klondike with no crew, no land, no plan.
Then agrees to 20% royalty with 100oz guarantee based off a pan or two. He is up to his typical stuff and wether he fails or succeeds is totally luck of the draw at this point.
I believe Tony gets the dredge running and becomes profitable with it. Tony doesn't seem like the kind of person to loose a ton of money on a non researched idea.
As far as Freddy dodge he did well last year, no reason to think differently. Same ground, same crew with the addition of Dave.
I very much liked that there was material being run and clean outs on the first episode. Miles ahead of the last few seasons. I'm looking forward to The season.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Actually I was surprised I didn't fall asleep like I have in the past partly because I usually tried to tone out Toad's whining but a lot if that came in the first 15 minutes or so thankfully. I miss Fred and Dustin too and admired Fred's go get 'em attitude.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My money's on Freddy Dave, and co.. The gold they got, without getting to pay gravel makes me want to go to Carmack and sluice down stream. I'm sure they blew out some gold by popping the ice dam.
Parker needs to slow his roll... He expects premium ground just because of last seasons clean up, and a putting in some extra effort!!! Then complains about time lost getting an early start putting in hydraulic riffles. If anything the new riffles will be the only reason he'll reach the 2000 oz goal! He should be thanking Tony!
As far as Tony... I think he's taking on a monumental task of trying to relocate that old scoop dredge. I feel like it won't be done this season. Hydraulics, pumps, motors, all probably shot!!! Moving it will probably be easy part. Once it's running however, it'll probably kill the show. There's no way he doesn't win season gold count every year!!! Even on crap claim! No wonder Parker couldn't get a better deal.
As far as the Hoffman's, here's where I'll probably get boo'd... I like Todd and Jack! It takes some stones relocating camp to South America out of your comfort zone after having an ok season!!! Don't forget Freddy and dave were there as his advisors helping him pick his sight. Things I'm sure would have been different had they chose to be lode miners!!! I don't like the deal he got for his claim! 20% and 100 oz's regardless! He has no crew yet, and company before him went bankrupt. I think he'll do,a little better than breaking even with his deal. Only upside is he has use of some equipment on sight.
Freddy 2200 oz's
Parker 1800 oz's
Hoffman's 650 oz's
Tony 0 oz's- equipment not ready

Tony takes 270 Oz. from Parker's total if your numbers are the result. :) Tony's crew is still working his mine(s), I'm sure the viking ship is a side gig. Furthermore I bet that thing is up and making gold before 3 or 4 episodes.

Yay Gold!

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's an outtake from the first show, I think all will enjoy it!

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic!! I haven't laughed so hard since Johnny Carson and Ed Ames.. Thanks for that. A real break after reading a T-minder2 post.

OH yes...Jeff, since I'm the first responder after 4 hours it's obvious not many are following this thread.

Therefore I recommend "BANNER" treatment. Even those not familiar with GR, and who isn't?, will get a laugh.

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Enjoying the show as always. Fast forwarding past some bits...also as always!

Love to see Tony get the dredge going. We still have one big dredge like that here in CO which some of us are helping the local historical society preserve.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread