GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
They had to bring in a snow machine to cover everything up to make it look like they been sitting for 6 months. You can bet your A$$ all the equipment had been run prior to filming, its all staged. I think it was last year when TOAD brought in BIG RED in by truck and all the equipment looked like it rolled right off the assemble line, yet the equipment traveled 1100 miles and 30 miles of dirt roads. If Volvo continues to be the equipment of choice you can bet they have a yard full of equipment and parts standing by. I am sure will see the stage drama of equipment failures and just at the nick of time that piece of equipment or part will be found.

We have to remember this is a reality show where the producers and directors are back by big investors selling the 45 minutes of commercials (where the REAL money is made) and these miners are PAID actors first.

OH Come on now AZ ,it was obvious to me that they stopped at the quarter car wash just down the road and spent a couple of bucks to cleanup all that equipment BEFORE they got onto the set! who would want to watch a bunch of dirty equipment on a show for Toad???:)

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
as I planned. I fast Forwarded Through all but Todd's crew.
I don't believe it was a mistake.
although if Beets & his Old Bag lady got screwed over that may have been Laugh Worthy
to see.

I got to see a nice amount of Gold, Some Stupidity & Drama.
The almost 30 ounces of gold made it all Worth while, And only took me maybe 30 minutes
to watch the 2 hour show (I didn't time it, Just Guessing)

Sounds like they must have done over 300 Ounces this past year.

I think Todd should put his Old Man in an Old Folks Home
before he puts him in the poor house Though.

OH Come on now Jeff .......you missed atleast 1 sorta good commercial by FFing the show! :) Even a bad example can be put to a good use sometime! :)

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully the Beets will get their just desserts! Parker already had one of the last laughs! Hope it keeps up! drama, drama, drama stay tuned for next week!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am constantly shocked at how much people believe what they see on tv. Think about ALLLLLL the facts before us. Parker knew at the end of last season he was done with that lease. He had worked most of the ground, it was previously worked ground, and he always wanted to get into the virgin ground leases.

Gene knew last year that he was going to work for Tony this year. Gene also knew that he had a non-compete clause in his contract because HE SIGNED IT. Logic dictates that he would have told Tony about the clause long ago too, or at least before the mining season started.

Since all that was in place before this season started, it only stands to reason that either:
1- the entire situation was made up, scripted, and rehearsed.
or
2- That Tony knew he had to convince Parker to release Gene, orchestrated the "betrayal" knowing that Parker would say, "you can't have Gene unless you give me what I want". Tony is still getting his cut of whatever gold Parker mines, and now he has Gene too so he comes out on top.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as I planned. I fast Forwarded Through all but Todd's crew.
I don't believe it was a mistake.
although if Beets & his Old Bag lady got screwed over that may have been Laugh Worthy
to see.

I got to see a nice amount of Gold, Some Stupidity & Drama.
The almost 30 ounces of gold made it all Worth while, And only took me maybe 30 minutes
to watch the 2 hour show (I didn't time it, Just Guessing)

Sounds like they must have done over 300 Ounces this past year.

I think Todd should put his Old Man in an Old Folks Home
before he puts him in the poor house Though.
Or at the least take the keys to the trackhoe away from him!!! If he can't do anything but demo the equipment, break the equipment, make stupid decisions, then send him home. Equal shares not an issue, as much as he's cost the crew he's used up his share. Thought he might get squared away after they got him off the vicodin, now he breaks things and makes bad decisions with a clear head.:tongue3:

CApicker

Nov 3, 2013
West Sacramento, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imagine what a few functional people in a show like this could do! The Hoffman's make me embarrassed to be in the same country as they are.:laughing7:

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy watching the show, even tho I think most of it is scripted, its still fun. I think this may be the best season yet.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imagine what a few functional people in a show like this could do! The Hoffman's make me embarrassed to be in the same country as they are.:laughing7:
Heh, functional people would be boring. No drama and crews running around like the three stooges no old men making idiot mistakes. Yep b o r I n g.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok I am beginning to question dave turin's sanity. How many times is he going to let the turd kneecap him with
bad obligations? The turd obviously just likes to have meetings and ride around talking on his radio

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok I am beginning to question dave turin's sanity. How many times is he going to let the turd kneecap him with
bad obligations? The turd obviously just likes to have meetings and ride around talking on his radio

Look at him.
If he had to walk, much less run somewhere, Stroke comes to mind

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok ya got me on that one

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would like to see parker beat them in gold again he has the upper hand on land now but we will see if his greenhorn crew can pull it off. I'm to the point I cant stand the Hoffman's anymore they are trying way to hard to make the drama, too bad Freddy dodge isn't back will miss watching a real mining camp.

DugMoney

Greenie
Dec 23, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Agreed, wish ol Freddy Dodge would come back! Now theres a guy to learn from

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to see parker beat them in gold again he has the upper hand on land now but we will see if his greenhorn crew can pull it off. I'm to the point I cant stand the Hoffman's anymore they are trying way to hard to make the drama, too bad Freddy dodge isn't back will miss watching a real mining camp.
The bummer is the y only showed the Carmacs camp twice........the dodge brothers must know how to keep the production crew out of their way via contract. That tells me they are really on it in consideration of the size of their op. They probably didn't want to sign off on certain things that would hamper their operation.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Just saw the cleanout and weighing of Tony's gold from the dredge,

what is all that black stuff, are they garnets? It looks like it is half their total, if it is not gold how can they count it in the total?

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight show was boring. I was wondering about all that back stuff. I believe that it burn out, so therefore, less gold.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tonight show was boring. I was wondering about all that back stuff. I believe that it burn out, so therefore, less gold.

That's just a super thin layer of manganese oxide or iron sulphide or similar on nice bits of gold. It's all good gold really. :-)

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at him.
If he had to walk, much less run somewhere, Stroke comes to mind

If I was Dave, I would had beat him up by now. He told the owner, that he would doubt the amount of gold that he found last year. Greed will do him in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread