Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree2134Likes

Thread: GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mad Marshall

Nov 2012
    na
    1476 times
    Prospecting
    Am I mistaken to think that Dave most likely makes an hourly wage or salary? Maybe a gold bonus if they do great. other then laborer what use does he have on a gold claim?

Parker a typical kid? how many kids you know get such oppurtunities? Parker sole reason for success is the resources of his Grandpa and family. Without that I sincerely doubt parker would have a chance in hell in making it!

Tony Beets Christo Doyle says he a legend so it must be true..

Freddy dodge how many seasons he spend with the Hoffmans.. I suspect freddies brother is the true talent!!

Hoffmans well I need to find out what idiot investors keep giving them money and get them to give it to me...

And as far as bigfoot is concerned. Thank god he found his diginity and stopped participating in making a mockery out of gold mining..

us
    Mar 2014
    Kansas City
    Garrett atx, bgt 24" sniper,jobe45, cascade mini high banker, gold buddy vibra-lite colt drywasher, homemade gold vac, keene 140 drywasher
    36 times
    Prospecting
    My money's on Freddy Dave, and co.. The gold they got, without getting to pay gravel makes me want to go to Carmack and sluice down stream. I'm sure they blew out some gold by popping the ice dam.
    Parker needs to slow his roll... He expects premium ground just because of last seasons clean up, and a putting in some extra effort!!! Then complains about time lost getting an early start putting in hydraulic riffles. If anything the new riffles will be the only reason he'll reach the 2000 oz goal! He should be thanking Tony!
    As far as Tony... I think he's taking on a monumental task of trying to relocate that old scoop dredge. I feel like it won't be done this season. Hydraulics, pumps, motors, all probably shot!!! Moving it will probably be easy part. Once it's running however, it'll probably kill the show. There's no way he doesn't win season gold count every year!!! Even on crap claim! No wonder Parker couldn't get a better deal.
    As far as the Hoffman's, here's where I'll probably get boo'd... I like Todd and Jack! It takes some stones relocating camp to South America out of your comfort zone after having an ok season!!! Don't forget Freddy and dave were there as his advisors helping him pick his sight. Things I'm sure would have been different had they chose to be lode miners!!! I don't like the deal he got for his claim! 20% and 100 oz's regardless! He has no crew yet, and company before him went bankrupt. I think he'll do,a little better than breaking even with his deal. Only upside is he has use of some equipment on sight.
    Freddy 2200 oz's
    Parker 1800 oz's
    Hoffman's 650 oz's
    Tony 0 oz's- equipment not ready

us
    Aug 2004
    Olympia WA
    Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
    1254 times
    Prospecting
    I cant wait until Tony gets the bucket line dredge running. I actually played around on a fully operational and running commercial dredge back in the 70's. It wasn't bucket line, it was a big cutterhead with a 24" discharge pipe...pretty amazing to watch it in action

us
    Jun 2013
    Indiana/Ohio
    Proline!!!
    174 times
    Prospecting
    We get it, you think it's scripted. Maybe it is maybe it's not
    Either way if you don't like the show don't watch it.
    I personally am pulling for Parker.
    I believe Todd has not/will never learn as who goes to the Klondike with no crew, no land, no plan.
    Then agrees to 20% royalty with 100oz guarantee based off a pan or two. He is up to his typical stuff and wether he fails or succeeds is totally luck of the draw at this point.
    I believe Tony gets the dredge running and becomes profitable with it. Tony doesn't seem like the kind of person to loose a ton of money on a non researched idea.
    As far as Freddy dodge he did well last year, no reason to think differently. Same ground, same crew with the addition of Dave.
    I very much liked that there was material being run and clean outs on the first episode. Miles ahead of the last few seasons. I'm looking forward to The season.

us
    Nov 2012
    Nashville
    Minelab x-Terra 505
    4473 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Actually I was surprised I didn't fall asleep like I have in the past partly because I usually tried to tone out Toad's whining but a lot if that came in the first 15 minutes or so thankfully. I miss Fred and Dustin too and admired Fred's go get 'em attitude.
    "What if it's not just another pull tab?" - Lance

Nov 2013
    Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a Number 2 Shovel baby!
    1159 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by gold hound View Post
    My money's on Freddy Dave, and co.. The gold they got, without getting to pay gravel makes me want to go to Carmack and sluice down stream. I'm sure they blew out some gold by popping the ice dam.
    Parker needs to slow his roll... He expects premium ground just because of last seasons clean up, and a putting in some extra effort!!! Then complains about time lost getting an early start putting in hydraulic riffles. If anything the new riffles will be the only reason he'll reach the 2000 oz goal! He should be thanking Tony!
    As far as Tony... I think he's taking on a monumental task of trying to relocate that old scoop dredge. I feel like it won't be done this season. Hydraulics, pumps, motors, all probably shot!!! Moving it will probably be easy part. Once it's running however, it'll probably kill the show. There's no way he doesn't win season gold count every year!!! Even on crap claim! No wonder Parker couldn't get a better deal.
    As far as the Hoffman's, here's where I'll probably get boo'd... I like Todd and Jack! It takes some stones relocating camp to South America out of your comfort zone after having an ok season!!! Don't forget Freddy and dave were there as his advisors helping him pick his sight. Things I'm sure would have been different had they chose to be lode miners!!! I don't like the deal he got for his claim! 20% and 100 oz's regardless! He has no crew yet, and company before him went bankrupt. I think he'll do,a little better than breaking even with his deal. Only upside is he has use of some equipment on sight.
    Freddy 2200 oz's
    Parker 1800 oz's
    Hoffman's 650 oz's
    Tony 0 oz's- equipment not ready
    Tony takes 270 Oz. from Parker's total if your numbers are the result. Tony's crew is still working his mine(s), I'm sure the viking ship is a side gig. Furthermore I bet that thing is up and making gold before 3 or 4 episodes.

Yay Gold!

us
    Oct 2007
    South Carolina
    E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
    616 times
    Here's an outtake from the first show, I think all will enjoy it!

SEEK AND YEA SHALL FIND and when you do THANK GOD!!!

us
    TEA...taxed enough already

Oct 2005
    San Diego California
    Bounty Hunter
    50 times
    Fantastic!! I haven't laughed so hard since Johnny Carson and Ed Ames.. Thanks for that. A real break after reading a T-minder2 post.

OH yes...Jeff, since I'm the first responder after 4 hours it's obvious not many are following this thread.

Therefore I recommend "BANNER" treatment. Even those not familiar with GR, and who isn't?, will get a laugh.
    Last edited by bobinsd; Oct 19, 2014 at 03:54 PM.

us
    Jun 2010
    321 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AU Seeker View Post
    Here's an outtake from the first show, I think all will enjoy it!

Muhahaha! Turns out, the Realtard Dorsey was the smartest guy in the room!

I'm the smartest guy in the room. Problem is, I'm the only one in the room!

us
    www.FindingGOLDinColorado.com

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump, bench top rod mill, Whippet drywasher
    8971 times
    Prospecting
    Enjoying the show as always. Fast forwarding past some bits...also as always!

Love to see Tony get the dredge going. We still have one big dredge like that here in CO which some of us are helping the local historical society preserve.
    Jeff95531 and Hangtowndiggins like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting in the southwest?
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2099 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    Enjoying the show as always. Fast forwarding past some bits...also as always!

Love to see Tony get the dredge going. We still have one big dredge like that here in CO which some of us are helping the local historical society preserve.
    Kevin is the Historical Society preserving the old bucket dredge to operating condition?
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump, bench top rod mill, Whippet drywasher
    8971 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by AzViper View Post
    Kevin is the Historical Society preserving the old bucket dredge to operating condition?
    it's not been run since the 1970's so probably not exactly but pretty much. When I met with the head of the historical society I promoted the idea that it needs to be pen for people to walk into and around thru. It is SO cool inside!

us
    Mar 2014
    Central Arizona
    Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
    329 times
    Prospecting
    Tony knows what he is doing. He has a plan and is no fool. His mine is a large producer and he controls a lot of acreage up there. You can bet he will get that old dredge going one way or the other. He spent a million to acquire it and no doubt he might spend 3 times that getting it going, but he will get it going, and that will be cool to see that monster working. Would really like to see it in person operating as that thing will move some serious material in an impressive fashion.

Parker is young, has learned a lot, but still has a long way to go to mature. The fact that Tony is helping him at all is awesome. Parker just needs to grow up and realize the opportunity he has been given. Mark my words, Tony knows Parker has missed as much gold as he has recovered because of his lack of experience and Tony knows it. Tony could likely go back over the ground Parker mined last year and get at least as much gold out of there as Parker did just because Parker wasn't taking enough of the bedrock, and Tony knows this. If you remember last year at the end of the season when Tony spent 1 day helping Parker finish, Tony told him you need to dig the bedrock deeper to get the better gold. Just think of the surface area dug last year that they only scraped the top. This error of Parkers could be a huge amount of gold missed. No? I think Tony knows what goes on better than anybody around that area.

The Dodge boys are gonna kill it I believe. That spot has some serious potential and they have the experience to make things happen. That little ice dam flush didn't wash away any gold, just the ice off the surface. Very smart of them to do that. The scale of the experience was proper and not over done at all in my opinion.

The Hoffmans.........who cares. They are just a comedy of errors. Fodder for the drama lovers that watch the show. They haven't learned anything because they aren't miners. Never asked to see any drill results for that area, and you can bet that claim has been drilled and the claim owner knows what potential is there. A guy with a claim like that likes guys like Hoffmans as they spend all the money removing overburden so the owner can go back and get the real good gold without the expense.

Looking forward to seeing what the Dodge boys and Tony do this season. I think we might be amazed by the outcome of this season. Dennis

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    8971 times
    Prospecting
    This seems to me to be the most thoughtful and fact based assessment I've seen. Hard to argue with at all in fact!

I certainly agree about the Dodge boys. They come from a long line of highly successful Colorado commercial miners. Also remember that they spent the prior summer working another part of the same claim and did exceptionally well!

us
    Aug 2012
    Motherload
    253 times
    I sure think he could a picked up a dredge like that for cheaper than that - I know were a couple are in California. Each bucket is about half yard to yard when it scoops I am thinking about 1/4 to 1/2 yard each bucket. He said his would do 100 yards an hour. My Grandfather was a machinist on one on the Yuba River he said it went down to 40-60 ft deep and that he made and replaced bearings all day long. Now I understand why he was deaf in his old age that thing is pretty dang loud when it runs. I can understand why Tony hired 2 machinist to take it apart and rebuild it. I think they will be making bearings for that thing 24 hrs a day when its running. I will watch this season to see the dredge rebuilt and running. If I recall correctly I think all the oil and grease used to lubricate it might pollute to much for the regulators to let Tony run it. I have seen some pictures of the "own waterway the dredges make and they look like a slough full of oil". It Will be a real ***** when he spent a million to buy it and more than that likely to get it running and he gets shut down for polluting. I bet his string of cussing will be half an episode long when that happens.

Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links