GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
yeah ... after a bushfire had gone thru we were blacking out and whilst walking to the next smolderer there was puffs of flame coming up in the raised dust.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I spent a month in Sydney a few years ago, ok a long time ago, and from what I saw I am sure that dust was actually dried FOSTERS or VEGI-MITE

YukonPlacerGold

Tenderfoot
Nov 27, 2017
Whitehors, Yukon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello: I have the following New Placer Gold Insitu Technology, We have our own drilling equipment and have worked in Nevada and Alaska. Please take a look and please feel free to share. This technology to get placer gold to the surface is very low cost. I work in Yukon/ Alaska in the summer time and would like to build new partners for winter work in warm areas, we use minimal water.....
(deleted by mod for rule violation, can not use TN to raise funds)
Regards
Kenn

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One of those kids working for Tony trying to dislodge the boulder should have taken a shovel and displaced Tony's head. What an JERK...

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last show was boring. It is funny when one of Todd crew members and tell us that he will be leaving if no gold if found. All the crews members receive more money from being on TV then the gold that they find. The show is a joke.

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The last show was boring. It is funny when one of Todd crew members and tell us that he will be leaving if no gold if found. All the crews members receive more money from being on TV then the gold that they find. The show is a joke.
And yet you watch it every week ; )

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Has anyone heard of the new show with Dakota Fred starting January 12th?

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just saw an add for it. One of the guy's in New England Prospectors group on Facebook auditioned for the show. Hopefully it'll be better than Gold Rush. I think they have jumped the shark on the Hoffman's. Or should I say jumped the TOAD! LOL! :icon_scratch:

G

ghostminer

I heard Todd gets $500K per year for that show. None of them are making much money mining with the huge overhead they run. Parker might pull 10% out of the gross if he's lucky. Tony maybe 15%. Todd has to be losing huge money & would have been bankrupt years ago if not for the show. In my humble opinion, staying small & finding good ground is a better way to go. I'm not the only miner to think like that.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Parker runs pretty lean and doesn't spend a lot. I'd bet he does well aside from the show. Tony and family I'm sure do ok too. But he spends...

I wonder if the "bet" is just contract negotiations.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold Rush is reality TV. All the equipment is donated, companies like Volvo its a tax write off. I would not be surprised that Discovery bought a large amount of gold and each week the gold is used to show what each mining group the rewards. Its all about selling advertiser dollars and making the $$$ for the shareholders. Ever notice how quickly parts are available such as the 6 winch motors Tony The Tiger got for his dredge or the water pump that Parker needed a few years ago and the pump he bought was brand new that he went into town and got. Out of cameras eye is a boneyard of equipment in waiting. I use to be a die-hard fan now it could be a few days before I blow through the 1 hour show in 15 minutes if I even watch it.

Tony has decided to go big next year, scraping the dredges for the big wheel...

Tony.jpg

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was part of the Discovery Channel show on amateur rocketry about 12 years ago or so.

The amount of money they threw at us for rocket motors and other equipment was nothing short of incredible.

When we were finished with a shoot they didn't give two hoots what was done with all the equipment.

juneaupanner

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ll just leave that there.

Attachments

• 4B4E2E2D-BC9B-4D84-972B-105D522B870C.jpeg
    4B4E2E2D-BC9B-4D84-972B-105D522B870C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 102

juneaupanner

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m pretty sure this new show is just different know the guy a little bit but not much more

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just watched fri episodes .What was hunters fine for? missed something
Something about non use of "Seat belts" as stated on the show. Not clear at all.

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They didn't use their seat belts in the UTV and didn't come to a complete stop when picking one of them up. The fine seemed a tad high for something like that, but who knows.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread