GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the heads up. I will be setting the DVR. Hope Parker lost that stupid sweatshirt.....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still DVR'd from 2 seasons ago.
Once I set a series I never delete the setup to record New Episodes.
unless I end up hating the show.

I still like laughing at the 2 Stooges Todd and Jack

[that was my opinion Oct 17, 2014.
Since then. I Stopped recording 2 , Maybe 3 seasons ago.
I got sick of the Foreign Guy who Swears & the Kid who is trying to Be him
]

Last edited:

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy FRICK! 2 hours too.
I hope we're not subjected to the sob "behind the scenes" bullcrap in there…
I don't care if your back hurts, or how you had to "get the shot" or your girl's in town etc…
Don't push me Christo lol

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My take on this is that these guys make more from the show than they do from the Earth. I watched one season of this, and decided there was too much drama and not enough Au for me. At least Bering Sea Gold gives you the goodie at the end of each show (most of the time).

I think reality shows will be history soon.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My take on this is that these guys make more from the show than they do from the Earth. I watched one season of this, and decided there was too much drama and not enough Au for me. At least Bering Sea Gold gives you the goodie at the end of each show (most of the time).

yes they are killing the whole reality idea with the amount of shows,
that are nothing more then stolen ideas from other networks

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep will be using the DVR as well. I am hosting a poker tournament tonight, will not watch until later. I know Toad Hoffman will be involved. There is a 1 hour show called "The Dirt" prior to the 2 hour show.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep will be using the DVR as well. I am hosting a poker tournament tonight, will not watch until later. I know Toad Hoffman will be involved. There is a 1 hour show called "The Dirt" prior to the 2 hour show.

I never watch those "extra" episodes. I think it is a waste of time Myself.

I get up after midnight, So that gives me something to watch while I'm having my Coffee, & cookies
& waking up enough to come on here again :laughing7:

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I will DVR it and watch it on my terms. As you know you could spends months or even years with your MD and never put the coil over AU. I myself would like to see a bucket dredge being restored and placed back in action. If you watched the first few years I can see why you feel as you do. Toad Hoffnam is just that, a toad...

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
I think Tony Deets is taking a HUGE gamble on that dredge. I sure would not pay a million $ for it! I just don't see how he can pull it off.

GASP! I am actually rooting for Toad and Jack! I hate to see people fail, as I know the sting of failure myself, Oh, so well! Its so absurd to invest big money just based on a few pan samples! Haven't these guys learned anything by now?
Now, they make a deal with the Devil, to give the claim owner 20% + a guaranteed 100 oz. no matter what! Ouch!

The Viking, Deets is going to have a mutiny on his hands, with his "my way or the hiway" push-push attitude.

This first show has been very interesting, and I look forward to more.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope Dave doesn't go back to Todd. Tony may have experience but, man what a Jerk.He sure is nice to parker when he collects his 15% after three days.

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I feel like Tonys being judgmental not giving parker a better chance on better ground just because of his age
I mean he got 1000 oz with cut rate dirt, what could he do with something profitable

I am gonna miss dustin and fred as well :(

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shouldn't we have one thread for this show?

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My take on this is that these guys make more from the show than they do from the Earth.

Bingo ! Drama queens with one invented crisis after another. Most of these shows are garbage.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well 5 or so minutes into the First episode, I gave up and watched Z-Nation instead

first Off I couldn't Stand the Commentators voice.
second I couldn't stand the Actors Voices

and Thirdly Twitter pop ups started up.
I hate pop ups distracting me while I'm trying to watch something.
I even hate when things scroll across the bottom or top of the screen when I'm watching a show.

and I will not watch a show where Kids are allowed to Compete to see their names on the screen
in twitter popups while the show is in progress.

at that Point I moved on to Z-Nation.

Perhaps it was just the 1st episode that will be like that,
I will give episode 2 a chance before I decide if
my mind is done with Gold Rush or Not, but it don't bode well so far :unhappysmiley:

IMPDLN

Mar 18, 2014
Central Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IMHO I believe Tony is doing Parker a favor by not just handing him a free easy ride. The kid is young and still has a lot to learn. He has done a lot more than he ever had to by helping him get this far. If you remember he would not lease anything to Hoffmans, likely because they are grown men and Tony has no respect for them trying to take the easy way to gold. Tony has a lot of hard work invested getting to where he is and expects Parker to work for what he gets too.

Reality TV not going anyplace in the near future. Might as well get used to it. Might as well get used to twitter feeds scrolling across the screen as well. This is just how it is these days, with the computer age and all the gadgets around these days. With technology going the way it is these days, there will be more of this on every channel out there, so might as well get used to it. Dennis

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I beg to differ. Reality shows have been declining in the ratings since last year. You can google up a hundred articles stating as much.

I asked The Wife to work on my pc a bit last night (she's IT), so I took the time to stitch some velcro on my detecting kneepads and watch some tv. I flipped through the channels and landed on Gold Rush, so I decided to give it another shot. Same boring contrived drama. I flipped it to Diners Drive-ins and Dives, and sat there stitching happily away, drinking beer, and drooling. :laughing7:

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I liked the whole thing...MUCH better than all of last season. I think Tony bit off more than he can chew on the bucket dredge move and rebuild. BUT, as a kid I played on one of those abandoned dredges and would LOVE to see it run. And with Todd and his Dad working small scale, they could just make a comeback. It tickled me tho how excited they got over the pan sample...reminded me of me. :laughing7: The 100 oz minimum came because the claim holder has watched Todd in action. I'd of done the same.:thumbsup:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Im going to really like seeing that ole bucket line dredge running and seeing what it pulls up! and I don't think Parker will get his 2000 OZ but he will come close! I wish I could've been able to work with the Dodge brothers! their site looks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo darn good! BUT I also wonder what happened to all that water and ice they sent downstream to some suprised people!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread