Southern Mother Lode Prospecting

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello all, I've been prospecting since march of this year and have the Fever!

I started off prospecting the north fork of the calaveras river and woods creek in Jamestown. After those creeks dried up, I traveled north to the North Fork of the American River at the Auburn State Recreation Area- What I love about the ASRA is that it is largely public land for folks like me without a claim or private property to prospect in peace. No worries of claim owners with rifles or police encounters... just beautiful land and some beautiful gold.

Although I don't mind traveling the 2.5 hours every weekend to my gold prospecting paradise to the North Fork American River, I am looking for something a little closer to home especially for short trips.

Are there any rivers/ creeks/ or streams in the southern mother lode with areas available for public prospecting? Anyone in the area interested in a prospecting buddy?? I'm in Manteca and hope to find a spot east of me. Any help would be much appreciated:icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

socalal99

Jan 26, 2013
So Cal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Look into United Prospectors Club who has some claims in the southern and northern mother load area. I want to head up there the week before Thanksgiving, so PM me if you have any time off.

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stop by the rock house at the entrance and ask to see where the claims on the river are. There is a lot of old pictures of the area behind the counter just ask

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread