Anyone know this area? ever had any luck?

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Fisher F70, Bazooka 36" Sniper, Gold Cube, Gold Vac Pac, Pans & Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I live on the somerset/southern placerville boarder, my property backs up to the cosumnes river, about 2 miles from E16...

(A SPOT on Image)
So I just went down there for the past 2 weekends with my bazooka gold trap, and ran about 10 buckets from the sand/gravel bar and from random holes and pockets in the river, I was able to dig down about 3 feet, with total depth wearing my waders was about 5 feet... Not a single color, no flour nothing... Did not dig or sample any other areas then where the pic attached shows A...

I would think there is gold around here, because reading about Bucks Bar Road history there was mining camps posted up all within a mile of my land.....

If you were in my shoes where you you look ?

Any advice would be great, thanks J consum.JPG

Upvote 0

caprock

Aug 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you have a lot of exposed bedrock, concentrate your efforts there. Break out gold pan, crevice tool, pry bar, sledge etc., and work the cracks. Don't worry about the sluice until you have found a rich spot with lots of gravel. Move around, prospect relentlessly. Don't stat in one spot if you have no encouragement-move on. Good luck-persistence will pay off. Crevice and prospect first. Bigger stuff usually in crevices-and get to the bottom

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What caprock said. Also, take a look up above the waterline for bench deposits, which would indicate where the river used to flow. The deposits on the inside bends should be richer.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice looking claim, you really did luck out, good job! What Caprock said X2. Looks to me like spot "A" done been dredged out. I see a porta winch, come-alongs, snatchblocks, cables, chains, diggin bars, sledges, wedges, feathers, rotohammers, and boulder slings in your future. You got a boulder garden! Lots of hiding places, start moving rocks you'll find it.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions