Highbanker build. pics

Trinity_miner

Sep 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my highbanker all finished up today. I welded up the riffle tray and she's ready to go. here's some pics. i can't wait to go test it out!
1023141310.jpg
1023141652.jpg
1023141157a.jpg
1023141308.jpg
1023141304.jpg

Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the hopper.

OP
OP
T

Trinity_miner

Sep 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. Took a few tries and modifications before i got it just right but I'm happy with how it turned out.

OP
OP
T

Trinity_miner

Sep 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! As soon as it quits dumpin rain ima go give it a test run and see how it works. Ill keep yall updated.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nicely done! Shoot I wouldn't wait for the rain to quit, if your anything like me your gonna get soaked whether you want to or not within ten minutes of arrival anyway!

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i have the same wire cloth on my homemade highbanker, and it will load up with roots, leafs, organic matter, and a stiff bristle hand brush works pretty good removing most of the hung-up cr@p while processing material

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Trinity_miner

Sep 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually noticed that while testing my spray bars a couple days ago. I like the mesh better then grizzly bars cuz the bars let in the big flat rocks. Ill have to give the brush idea a shot. Thanks!

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks real good TN. I'd like to see a video while it's running. I see you sized the pipe all the same. What kind of pump size are we talking about? Are you doing any classification prior to feeding the hopper?

Good tip on the wire brush 2c. I'll be doing that next time I sluice. It's a good tool to move the rocks back out of the way also. What do you use to clean the holes in the spray bars?

OP
OP
T

Trinity_miner

Sep 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to run it off a honda 1 1/2" high pressure pump puttin out 115 gpm for now. Eventually i want to buy one of those duramax 2" trash pumps. and no classification prior to the hopper. Hopper has 3/8 screen for classification. Ill take a video when i get a chance.

SHoward

Mar 14, 2014
Dadeville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That 2" Duromax trash pump is what I use on my 2" Highbanker Dredge combo. It's maxed out with a 2" suction nozzle, but runs all 3 of our highbankers at once at just over half throttle.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL, holes on the spray bars $%^@:BangHead:, wrap the Foot value with window screen, helps a lot, since California foot values have 1/4" holes, ( not for long) and placing deeper in the pool of water will eliminate the vortex, i find that most the stuff clogging up the foot valus comes mostly from the surface, I run a 3 1/2 B&S just above idle, plenty water
Trinity nice, fuction over purdy everytime

Attachments

• DSCN0072.JPG
    DSCN0072.JPG
    246.5 KB · Views: 97

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the name of al that is Holy and for the sake of detectorists out there DON"T USE WIRE BRUSHES IN GOLD COUNTRY:tongue3::laughing7: A good stiff nylon brush from the housewares department works great. I put my foot valve in a bucket that helps. And also the regulation is for the foot valve only. You can make a prefilter bucket with screen on it that your intake goes into.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also spraybars create back pressure on any pump as to 90 degree elbows. I drilled 3/8 inch holes get massive clay busting spray and awesome water volume. And organics blow right through.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If water is deep enough with slack current you can also trail it out there hung under a boat bumper or small anchor bouy

OP
OP
T

Trinity_miner

Sep 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a chance to go out and test it out today for about an hour. I got it sort of dialed in. Its gonna take some messin with before i find the optimum flow and angle of the box. I started out way too steep and was blowin the big pieces of test lead way to far down the box, but with less angle it seemed to get much better. A little angle or flow adjustment went a long way. I used lead shot and different sized lead nuggets to test. It seems the 1 1/2" honda will be way more then enough water at half throttle. All in all I'm happy with how it runs but need to figure out how to knock the turbulence down that happens towards end of box over the riffles.

Last edited:

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In the name of al that is Holy and for the sake of detectorists out there DON"T USE WIRE BRUSHES IN GOLD COUNTRY:tongue3::laughing7: A good stiff nylon brush from the housewares department works great. I put my foot valve in a bucket that helps. And also the regulation is for the foot valve only. You can make a prefilter bucket with screen on it that your intake goes into.

That's actually what I did Goldwasher. Originally I was letting it spill over out the catch basin...then drilled a series of holes in the basin, enough so it would only flow thru the holes and THEN, put window screen on the inside of the basin covering the holes. Trial and error but MAN, what a difference!
BTW...wire brush in hopper only but could use a plastic scraper.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dumps out the back like normal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions