Drywashing for gold

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God Bless anyone that can put up with that. I don't mind digging and panning, but I threw in the towel to drywashing. Crud in my eyes and two weeks of cement boogers was enough for me. HAHAHA

Mike

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gollum Although I like D/Wing it sure begins to resemble actual work after awhile.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Supposed to wear eye protection and a dust mask to protect your lungs from Desert(Valley)fever-John

Hoser,

I see that you are up in the cooler part of the state. I did it in the Mojave Desert North end of the Sheephole Mountains, in the Chocolate Mountains, and around Anza-Borrego Desert. I did even get some decent returns. When it gets over 100 degrees (all the time), regular eye protection doesn't prevent dust and crap from getting into your eyes. Only foam lined goggles do that. That and a respirator (and I do have both) in 100+ degree weather for hours at a time do not a happy camper make. I changed my tactics after a few months of it. I now take samples home to pan, and if I find anything good, I go back out and dig buckets full to take home and work at my leisure. HAHAHA

Mike

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
301311.jpg

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They even closed the prison down from all the deaths out there in the Mojave----been to too many funerals of all my desert ratz buddies who ALL died of lung ailments as a direct result of that nasty stuff. Only 1 remains,Pete Pederson as he wore protection-the others used to laugh at me as a wimp---now they don't laugh as long gone-:BangHead: John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread