Basic gear to become successful prospector

gold hound

Mar 16, 2014
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx, bgt 24" sniper,jobe45, cascade mini high banker, gold buddy vibra-lite colt drywasher, homemade gold vac, keene 140 drywasher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wanted to start this thread to get your guys opinion on what you'd buy for a starter kit for the prospector not wanting to do all the manual labor. More importantly to use my #2 shovel on a limited basis. This is just for fun, but lets be economical about it.
I'm thinking for starter u must have a reliable truck. Something that has a good tow capacity with good gas mileage. Maybe a ram Eco diesel. Next, I'd say small mobile base camp. Need a trailer to haul your kubota kx913 & a trommel wash plant & a skid loader. I guess u could get a back hoe to kill two birds with 1 stone, but their mobility sucks when digging. Maybe a atv or utv for scouting. Heavy duty trash water pumps and diesel generator and I think I'd be set for the lower states.
Guess I'd need a good shaker table or clean up tool... That would suck trying to hand pan cons!!! What would you buy? Maybe a drill rig? :headbang:

Upvote 0

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All you need is a stream with known gold, 1 pan, 1 classifier (size is your choice, I like my #8) a shovel, and a bazooka prospector. Then to finish you need a snuffer bottle and a vial to store your gold!

image-1499207155.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread