3 Million large for San Gabriel National Monument

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
That's some serious change going to help fund restoration for the Monument. I sure hope with the Republican win in the Congress and Senate they can negotiate a reduction in acreage for the SGNM. I feel for the guy's and gal's that prospect on a regular basis on the East Fork San Gabriel.
Here's the link:http://www.nationalforests.org/pres...ail&utm_term=0_6f91e58cba-6a848e003f-30729029

Randy

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing it will help with (I hope) is all the f*ing taggers that leave spray paint all over the rocks and trees there. I hate going to just hang out. Families with tents that look like they continuously live in them, laundry hanging between trees, and spray paint everywhere. And lets not forget piles of full diaper bags you have to wade through.

Mike

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One thing it will help with (I hope) is all the f*ing taggers that leave spray paint all over the rocks and trees there. I hate going to just hang out. Families with tents that look like they continuously live in them, laundry hanging between trees, and spray paint everywhere. And lets not forget piles of full diaper bags you have to wade through.

Mike

Except for the spray paint, THAT is precisely why I don't prospect when school is out. Kinda like combat fishing, just soooo not worth it.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I still don't understand how they can think that making it into a national monument is going to help the area. It was National Forest to start with and that status sure didn't do anything for the area. Maybe getting a few more rangers to actually do their job would have been a better idea!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions