My 25lb wave table

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
023jpg..JPG Well here is my small wave table. At 25lbs it is the lightest wave table ever built. Wave tables are the ultimate for ultra fine gold recovery as well as coarse gold recovery. They produce standing waves which sort everything on the basis of specific gravity. As seen on the video you had black sand and gold rising to the top of the line. In contrast to other concentrating devices weight and size do not determine the concentration just specific gravity. It is effective because water does not remove particles from the table- the mechanical action of the table does that. It is powered by a 12v 50 rpm gearmotor. It has 4 linear bearings mounted on each corner. It is impeller driven and a bungee cord provides the return action. It was designed to enable one to try out larger tables or experimental tables by switching out tables. The table itself is readily removed from the base.

The reason why a lot of folks here have never seen one is because store bought ones are very expensive and heavy. You are looking at $4000 and 110lbs for a table this size.

George

Upvote 0

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Absolute dynamite, George. Can't wait to build one. I'm currently building a smallish power unit for shaker and wave tables. Gonna sell them on Ebay. The bump, and table movement adjustments, will be built right in. Just make a rigid connection to the table, and you're set to go. It will be 12volt, but I'll sell them without motors for the people that want to power them themselves. Dang...that table is the NUTS!. Nice job, buddy.
Jim

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I like it! K.I.S.S. at its finest! Ive had parts to make one of these for years in my shop but just never got to it! you've reinspired me to make this this winter! Thanks!

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Could we talk you into more pictures and a build description. Been wanting to make one myself- more toys,!

OP
OP
B

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Could we talk you into more pictures and a build description. Been wanting to make one myself- more toys,!

I will do this. I will make up a build description with pictures. Also a parts list.

George

aescal

Nov 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what to ask Santa for Christmas this year!

OP
OP
B

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT

I have completed a "How to make a small wave table" guide with pictures
and a parts list. ATTACHMENT IS BELOW. Just PM me with your email address if you can not open it.
Also if anyone else wants one PM me if you can not open it.

George

Attachments

• My 25lb wave table - Copy.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 471
Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
I was informed by Jim in Idaho that running a 12 volt motor below 12 volts will heat up the motor- so purchasing a variable speed control would be the way to go if using a 6 vane impeller. I have attached an update to the plans incorporating the new information.

George

Attachments

• My 25lb wave table23.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 215
Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup...what you want for speed control on DC motors is a "pulse width modulated" speed control. They're really cheap on EBay, and work well. I usually buy them rated for about double the amperage of the motor I'm running.......just in case the Chinese manufacturer is a little generous in describing the capability of his control unit....LOL
Jim

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bakergeol, this is really neat and the plans look great. Thank you.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just out of curiosity, How many runs of the same cons do you do before you add new cons?

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great unit design and simple ! Thanks baker . PM sent.

OP
OP
B

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Just out of curiosity, How many runs of the same cons do you do before you add new cons?

The video was just a demonstration on how it works. Like all tables it is a continuous operation. You slowly add material and the lighter stuff goes out the back. I use a small vacuum pump to suck up the gold and I can do this anytime. Small Tables like this will do 50 to 75lbs an hour.

George

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread