Found 1 Gram today, consistently getting this out of every 4-5 buckets of cons

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Fisher F70, Bazooka 36" Sniper, Gold Cube, Gold Vac Pac, Pans & Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Found 1 Gram today, consistently getting this out of every 4-5 buckets of cons, On my claim with the gold cube...

Wondering if this is considered rich ground? If I totaled that out to 41 5 gallon buckets would make a YARD, that would put it at about $300 a yard, while even if I am hitting some rich cracks, but even the normal ground dirt is paying about half that would put it at about $150 a yard... Are these numbers rich or low?

I know moving that much is hard but I moved by my self about 6, 5 gallon buckets down to 4 buckets of fine cons in about 2 hours and ran through Gold Cube ... Got about one coffee cup of super cons and got = 1 gram...

20141108_194904.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jvan

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Fisher F70, Bazooka 36" Sniper, Gold Cube, Gold Vac Pac, Pans & Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reed, does the Keene sluice frame adjust enough to use with the Bazooka Gold Trap, 48" prospector model?

Thanks,
Mike

Last I checked they were 16" wide or there abouts on the narrow side and you can turn them the other way and add another for dredge boxes. It would fit just fine.

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy tested the bazooka, fine gold will slip out in your tailings. Try it out by putting a pan below it to catch your material and pan it out

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jvan, congrats on your claim and the nice gold you are finding! Pretty sure fowledup isn't referring to me, but it sounds like we are neighbors.. and I do have a 36" bazooka prospector you are welcome to borrow. Also have the 48" bazooka miner, it's a bit overkill for a one man sluice unless your looking to run full wheelbarrow loads at once.. I have a gold hog pan you are welcome to use as well. I haven't had the chance to put it to work yet (that will change soon) but should be a great tool to run good size tests where there is no sluice flow, before packing in the hi-banker. Also have a blue bowl, you can borrow it too.. I have some other equipment that might be useful to you as well.. Definitely don't count out large gold, you are in a good area. I have seen a near one oz nugget from the NF and have heard of many other significant finds that I have good reason to believe. You are off to a great start, keep moving that material for now and everything else will soon follow.
Goldwasher put in a good word.. I would be glad to meet up, share what I know and what I'm finding in the area. I can also demo whatever equipment you might be interested in and I'm always up to dig with/help a fellow prospecting neighbor, feel free to PM me..

Jon

Last edited:

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My buddy tested the bazooka, fine gold will slip out in your tailings. Try it out by putting a pan below it to catch your material and pan it out

:violent1::happy1: Here we go, again.......

Just joking. Any sluice will lose gold if not set up properly. I will say I routinely get gold it takes a magnifying glass to see.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have to run a bazooka in lower than optimal flow take care to not add material when and if it will load up your classifier and create a ramp that fine gold can ride over and out. That would be the for sure way to not trap gold in the fluid chamber. Once color is in however there it will stay. Keep in mind all sluices will not get everything. Not running any box properly in regards to flow, material ran and type of recovery system is the reason for loss...not the equipment usually the operator8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread